Lecithin and VC

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

Lone Dog
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Lecithin and VC

Post Number:#1  Post by Lone Dog » Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:20 am

Does anyone have any thoughts on supplementing lecithin for heart/cardiovascular health?

Dr Levy gives it a recommendation in his book, as he does with Chondroitin Sulfate, but in his supplement program in the back of the book he does not include it, although he does include CS.

I've been reading about the so-called Rinse formula, where Dr Rinse apparently cured his problems with lecithin and various other things. Surely if lecithin were that good everyone would be taking it? Mind you, the same could be said about vitamin C, which is that good and some people still won't take it.
Last edited by Lone Dog on Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Lecithin and VC

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:44 am

Well, we are not the lecithin foundation :lol: however, it is probably very healthful and is not harmful. I remember that my mother who did a lot of reading on health matters, and interested me in vitamin C, used to send me books about lecithin. (I take Lypo-C daily, and I believe that the "phospholipids" in the product fill the same role.) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phospholipids

Ralph?
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Ralph Lotz
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#3  Post by Ralph Lotz » Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:56 am

Lecithin would be a good supplement if one doesn't mind the fact that it is a soy product. Over 90% of soybeans grown in USA are GMO soy.
Since soy lecithin is high in phosphorous, it may increase requirements for calcium and magnesium.
"Unless we put medical freedom into the constitution...medicine will organize into an undercover dictatorship..force people who wish doctors and treatment of their own choice to submit to only what..dictating outfit offers." Dr. Benjamin Rush

Lone Dog
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#4  Post by Lone Dog » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:31 pm

In his book Dr Levy says that lecithin and C together can regress plaque more effectively than either singly, so it's probably worth adding to one's personal supplement program. I thought it was worth a post to see if anyone had obtained any useful results with it.

Ralph Lotz
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#5  Post by Ralph Lotz » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:12 am

Research from 1949 shows positive benefits of lecithin:

Here are the results (below) of an early study published in the American Heart Journal. Lecithin was later to become an important component in Dr. Morrison’s Heart Saver Program. (Dr. Morrison’s book for the lay public by this title can still be purchased.)

Comparison of Survival Rates: Choline (Lecithin)

Patients with coronary thrombosis (blood clots in the heart) after 3 years

115 patients Deaths with choline, 14

115 patients without choline, 35

Source: American Heart Journal, July–August, p. 729, 1949

From this article:
The Man Who Cured Heart Disease With a Natural Molecule, 20 Years Before Cholesterol Drugs!

http://www.lewrockwell.com/sardi/sardi149.html
"Unless we put medical freedom into the constitution...medicine will organize into an undercover dictatorship..force people who wish doctors and treatment of their own choice to submit to only what..dictating outfit offers." Dr. Benjamin Rush

majkinetor
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#6  Post by majkinetor » Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:29 am

Apart for CV helth, lecithin (choline) is essential for brain. Its used as precursor for acetylcholine the most important neurotransmitter connected to good memory and focus.

One problem is that Soy is bad mouth-ed on various places, not only cuz of GMO but estrogen (I heard that soy has no natural predators, nothing eats it, you don't even need insecticide to farm it) , but it seems that it doesn't apply to Lecithin as much as to other Soy products.

Donjman

Post Number:#7  Post by Donjman » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:36 am

(I heard that soy has no natural predators, nothing eats it, you don't even need insecticide to farm it)

It's my understanding that most soy beans in the US are that of the Monsanto GMO variety. Designed to be be resistant to round up (the Monsanto herbicide).

While not being an insecticide they are no doubt soaked in round up during their life times. Good old Monsanto, they seem to be a nice company.

Still, putting things in perspective lecithin is a good supplement.

J.Lilinoe

Post Number:#8  Post by J.Lilinoe » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:51 pm

I saw an FB post from Dr. Al Sears that choline is excellent for lowering homocysteine and c-reactive protein levels. Just the issue w/ GMO soy would concern me.

majkinetor
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#9  Post by majkinetor » Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:57 am

It's my understanding that most soy beans in the US are that of the Monsanto GMO variety. Designed to be be resistant to round up (the Monsanto herbicide).

While not being an insecticide they are no doubt soaked in round up during their life times. Good old Monsanto, they seem to be a nice company.

The info I was offering is from Serbia where GMO is forbiden. I visited the information about farming soy in the most distributed brand and they mention that they don't use any pesticides. So it seems that natural soy doesn't have many predators.
On a related note I remember reading somewhere that most, if not all of the plants contain natural pesticides to protect themselves from insects and predators, up to 30%. I don't know if or how much of it is correct, but it does make sense in evolutionary terms.

Lone Dog
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#10  Post by Lone Dog » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:23 am

So, who takes lecithin? Any noticeable benefits, cardiovascular-wise? Given the section in STOP AMERICA'S #1 KILLER and the work of Dr Rinse, it seems to be something that could be beneficially added to one's regimen.

Montmorency
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#11  Post by Montmorency » Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:59 pm

I'm not 100% sure of the precise relationship between lecithin and choline, but I gather that lecithin breaks down to choline in the body.

If one wanted to avoid soy lecithin, then one could obtain choline from eggs or liver.

(Of course then, there is the issue of whether the hens or the animal that donated the liver had been fed GMO grain ....).

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”