Pauling Therapy may be enhanced by chondroitin

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

Steve Brown
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Pauling Therapy may be enhanced by chondroitin

Post Number:#1  Post by Steve Brown » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:16 am

On Bill Sardi's web site, I found this article on the benefits of chondroitin sulfate for the treatment of atherosclerosis.

http://knowledgeofhealth.com/the-man-wh ... /#more-144

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Pauling Therapy may be enhanced by chondroitin

Post Number:#2  Post by pamojja » Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:38 am

Thanks for the link to this article Steve.

It talks about a starting dose of 6 gram daily. Does anybody now a reasonable priced bulk powder provider for chondroitin sulfate?

Cobraman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#3  Post by Cobraman » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:07 pm

Found web site that has concentrated powders reasonably priced. Called bio-atlernatives.net.

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#4  Post by pamojja » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:50 am

Thanks for the response.

bio-alternatives at 25,97 per 454 grams would be a nice price. Anyone having experiences with them? I'm asking because a question about it's purity hasn't been answered on its own board.

nurtabio.com would have 500 grams slightly higher at 32,99 too. However, due to customs unpredictability in which supplement they confiscate, I actually would prefer an European distributor.

So far found only 250 gram for 43,99.

freeform

Post Number:#5  Post by freeform » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:32 am

pamojja wrote:Thanks for the response.

bio-alternatives at 25,97 per 454 grams would be a nice price. Anyone having experiences with them? I'm asking because a question about it's purity hasn't been answered on its own board.
[/url].

The book Nutritional Healing that they are promoting (I have a copy). In it is an appendix to recommended Manufacturers and distributors - this company is not on their list. It's not to say they are not a quality product. I too for personal interest have been ferreting around since reading this and can find very few reviews on them.

Have come across this site http://www.dcnutrition.com/miscellaneou ... Number=141

Recommending this product http://www.bioticsresearch.com/

Excerpt from DC Nutrition

Synthesis of Chondroitin Sulfate from GLUCOSAMINE is inhibited by nutritional deficiencies of trace minerals (particularly manganese), ascorbate (Vitamin C) and retinol (Vitamin A). Anti-inflammatory drugs such as corticosteroids, salicylates, gold salts, ibuprofen, phenylbutazone and other NSAIDs can also reduce CS synthesis. Malnutrition, infection, trauma, excessive stress and collagen diseases are able to decrease CS synthesis and/or increase CS degradation and excretion from the body. This is why we suggest you use the end product -- CHONDROITIN SULFATE -- instead of its precursor.

A number of nutritional products being marketed as chondroitin sulfates are nothing more than dried trachea powder (15-20% CS), often times mixed with papain. This will yield only about 5 to 6% of bioavailable CS. However, the PURIFIED CHONDROITIN SULFATES that we use from Biotics Research Corporation, are isolated from trachea powder or other cartilage sources by a long process of digestion, washings, precipitations and dryings to remove collagen and other fibrous proteins from the CS. Oral uptake of CS from trachea powder is not known, but absorption from oral administration of purified CS is typically 90% or greater.

Lone Dog
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#6  Post by Lone Dog » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:12 am

I think I've checked out Biotics Research before, and I believe they only sell to qualified practitioners.

At the moment I'm leaning towards the Nutrabio product, if I can assume that '100% pure' can be relied upon to mean purified.

I couldn't find any suppliers here in the UK, so will have to import it again (which seems to almost double the cost, unfortunately, due to shipping charges etc.). Last year I tried some Karuna for a few months, at 12-15 capsules per day and had no problems with it. I think CS is pretty well tolerated.

freeform

Post Number:#7  Post by freeform » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:45 am

Lone Dog wrote:I think I've checked out Biotics Research before, and I believe they only sell to qualified practitioners.

At the moment I'm leaning towards the Nutrabio product, if I can assume that '100% pure' can be relied upon to mean purified.

I couldn't find any suppliers here in the UK, so will have to import it again (which seems to almost double the cost, unfortunately, due to shipping charges etc.). Last year I tried some Karuna for a few months, at 12-15 capsules per day and had no problems with it. I think CS is pretty well tolerated.

Ah ha, found a supplier http://www.supervits.com/Biotics-Resear ... P3954.aspx doesn't look like they supply it in powder form.

I guess the dosage would be lower with the Pauling therapy too?

Lone Dog, isn't our little Island SH1T for supplements? Lamberts in the UK seem to be a good quality product for some things. I purchase allot from http://www.iherb.com. Their service is brilliant and price tag fair, ordered goods on Sunday and it arrived on Wed.

Lone Dog
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#8  Post by Lone Dog » Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:57 am

freeform wrote:Lone Dog, isn't our little Island SH1T for supplements? Lamberts in the UK seem to be a good quality product for some things. I purchase allot from http://www.iherb.com. Their service is brilliant and price tag fair, ordered goods on Sunday and it arrived on Wed.

Yes, I know what you mean, it's not great. Luckily we have a bit more choice than some countries which even prohibit imports. There are a few things you can only get via import, and some only via the internet. How lovely it would be to go to a shop and get all you wanted, but that doesn't happen, you have to get a bit here, a bit there etc. I don't know what I would do without our local Holland & Barratt.

That seems like fast delivery there, I will check them out. The Karuna I got from another supplier, and it was taking 10-20 days to arrive, depending on whether customs nabbed it for customs duty etc.

The Biotics Research capsules look to be a relatively low strength at 250mg. The Karuna were 400mg so I was taking quite a few of them. I think powder is the way to go!

freeform

Post Number:#9  Post by freeform » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:07 am

Lone Dog wrote:
freeform wrote:Lone Dog, isn't our little Island SH1T for supplements? Lamberts in the UK seem to be a good quality product for some things. I purchase allot from http://www.iherb.com. Their service is brilliant and price tag fair, ordered goods on Sunday and it arrived on Wed.

Yes, I know what you mean, it's not great. Luckily we have a bit more choice than some countries which even prohibit imports. There are a few things you can only get via import, and some only via the internet. How lovely it would be to go to a shop and get all you wanted, but that doesn't happen, you have to get a bit here, a bit there etc. I don't know what I would do without our local Holland & Barratt.

I used to go in Holland and Barratt on a regular basis to purchase Vitamin C, Lysine, Magnesium etc. A friend emailed me a list of toxic substances found in supplements :shock: When you start taking allot of supplements I was shocked to read on their labels that the ingredients include the likes of Polysorbate 80. Call me a fussy cow :wink: but, I stopped going there. If you would like me to email you the list of icky substances PM me.

Lone Dog
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#10  Post by Lone Dog » Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:59 am

Has anyone found any further supplies of this? Or tried any of those mentioned?

The Nutrabio product appears to be as below. I wonder how that relates to the CS-A and CS-C etc. referred to by Drs Morrison & Levy. Apparently the more highly sulfated, the better?

Poly-1(2/3)-N-acetyl-2-amino-2-deoxy-3-O-beta-D-glucopyranurosyl-4-(6)sulfonyl-D-galactose

sjmusic2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#11  Post by sjmusic2 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:04 am

I use glucosamine sulphate (to support joint health) and buy it from Ameriherb.com at reasonable prices. They also stock chondroitin sulphate at approx $15 per 1/2 lb. You need to set up an account with them, or you can order from Herbalcom.com who basically dropship from Ameriherb at slightly higher prices. I also get AA, lysine, magnesium citrate, astragalus, milk thistle seed etc. from them, ie. they stock many items and sell in bulk.

Lone Dog
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#12  Post by Lone Dog » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:18 am

So, did anyone get into CS and get any useful results? Due to the cost of importing it from the US to the UK I didn't really pursue it. Here is a brand I found in Europe, which I might try...

https://www.glucosamine.com/uk/chondroitin-8

Having read the section about it in Dr Levy's STOP AMERICA'S #1 KILLER and the Bill Sardi write-ups of Dr Morrison's work it must be worth adding to the PT or whatever program you are following. The positive feedback from Dr Richards based on the good reports from her patients is encouraging, although I haven't been able to find any corroboration of it actually regressing plaque - even Dr Morrison in one of his books says something like "as you know, established atherosclerotic plaque cannot be reversed."

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”