Vitamin C making me itchy?

Any adverse effects of replacement vitamin C will be discuseed here. Topics include kidney stones, gall stones, oxidation, etc.
We plan to move good discussions from the General Topics forum here for posterity.

Moderator: ofonorow

NiacinVC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Vitamin C making me itchy?

Post Number:#1  Post by NiacinVC » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:59 am

I have been upping my dose due to allergies and lack of sleep. Took 50 grams today between 6 am and 11 am. Mostly AA powder but took 20 grams through AA pills so I dont know if the high dose in such a short time is making me itchy or the fact that I am supplementing my powder with pills that have fillers which is causing me to itch like crazy!
"When one's expectations are reduced to zero, one really appreciates everything one does have"- Steven Hawking

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Vitamin C making me itchy?

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:29 am

Might be fillers in pills, but the obvious culprit is "allergens" in tissues that are being driven out of the body via the skin by a new and improved immune system (At least this was Pauling's suggestion in HTLLAFB)! How is your bowel tolerance at that dose?

Idea: Steam bath/sauna.

Once the toxins/allergens are gone - the itching should stop (unless there is some constant source).
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

NiacinVC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Vitamin C making me itchy?

Post Number:#3  Post by NiacinVC » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:54 am

Due to work related stress, sleep has been very limited lately so I think thats why I didn't hit bowel tolerance till 50 grams in such a short time. Interesting about the toxins escaping from the skin, I didn't think about it that way.

Thanks
"When one's expectations are reduced to zero, one really appreciates everything one does have"- Steven Hawking

Return to “Toxicity”