Antihistamine action of C

This forum will focus on the interesting topic of titrating oral vitamin C intake to so-called bowel tolerance, the point just prior to the onset of diarrhea

Moderator: ofonorow

andy21

Antihistamine action of C

Post Number:#1  Post by andy21 » Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:55 am

Hey I just took some Niacin (100mg) to try something out, the niacin flush is caused by a release of histamine. My megadosing seems to have blocked the flush.

BimLanders

Post Number:#2  Post by BimLanders » Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:59 pm

Interesting. Megadosing on vitamin C, for me, controls my histamine levels very well. The most I've ever taken in a 12 hour period was 12 grams, but usually it's controlled with about half that amount.

teester

Post Number:#3  Post by teester » Tue May 15, 2007 7:45 pm

Yesterday I took 41g. I've taken about 22g since in the past 15 hrs. I hope it's the allergies causing this massive demand as I'm not sick that I can tell but I'm having to take this much or my nose closes up.

Seymore Spectacles

Abram Hoffer

Post Number:#4  Post by Seymore Spectacles » Thu May 17, 2007 10:18 pm

Unless my memory is betraying me, I believe that Dr. Hoffer (who specializes in high-dosage niacin-therapy) mentioned that taking vitamin C along with niacin does indeed minimize the flushing effect.

Along those same lines, I wonder if the niacin helps to circulate the vitamin C throughout the body? Or, perhaps without the flushing, the circulatory benefits of niacin may be diminished.

Something to think about ...

Return to “Bowel Tolerance”