Frequent Bacterial Infections

This forum will focus on the interesting topic of titrating oral vitamin C intake to so-called bowel tolerance, the point just prior to the onset of diarrhea

Moderator: ofonorow

bradc

Frequent Bacterial Infections

Post Number:#1  Post by bradc » Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:27 am

I keep getting pretty bad bacterial infections, with green mucus, about once a month. I have been taking about 5-10 grams vitamin c per day for about half a year, but recently I bumped it up to about 15-20 grams, thinking it would stop the cycle.

Everytime I get the infection I take vitamin c to bowel towlerance and gradually ween back to normal dosage in 3-4 days. I think I usually take 70-80 g...but it seems like it keeps going up. I didn't measure this time but I'm sure I took well over 100 g a day. I am feeling better today, but I just took about 23 g all at once and I show no signs of reaching bowel tolerance.

I don't know what to do. Could small fluctuations in dose cause something like this in such large quantities? I usually just take 3-4 teaspoons, and don't measure exactly. Ever heard of anything like this? Thanks for your time.

Ralph Lotz
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

how much do i need?

Post Number:#2  Post by Ralph Lotz » Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:52 pm

Check out how much do i need?

Scroll down to select a forum and click on bowel tolerance to learn about dynamic flow.
"Unless we put medical freedom into the constitution...medicine will organize into an undercover dictatorship..force people who wish doctors and treatment of their own choice to submit to only what..dictating outfit offers." Dr. Benjamin Rush

giddy

Post Number:#3  Post by giddy » Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:03 pm

You might find this an interesting read:
http://www.westonaprice.org/askdoctor/chronicmucus.html

Of course your case might be very different.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Frequent Bacterial Infections

Post Number:#4  Post by ofonorow » Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:15 am

bradc wrote:I keep getting pretty bad bacterial infections, with green mucus, about once a month. I have been taking about 5-10 grams vitamin c per day for about half a year, but recently I bumped it up to about 15-20 grams, thinking it would stop the cycle.

Everytime I get the infection I take vitamin c to bowel towlerance and gradually ween back to normal dosage in 3-4 days. I think I usually take 70-80 g...but it seems like it keeps going up. I didn't measure this time but I'm sure I took well over 100 g a day. I am feeling better today, but I just took about 23 g all at once and I show no signs of reaching bowel tolerance.

I don't know what to do. Could small fluctuations in dose cause something like this in such large quantities? I usually just take 3-4 teaspoons, and don't measure exactly. Ever heard of anything like this? Thanks for your time.

Good question.

While vitamin C, especially high-dose IV sodium ascorbate, can control viral infections quite rapidly, this effect does not appear to be the same regarding bacterial infections. Dr. Levy believes that vitamin C can potentiate the right antibiotic. See CURING THE INCURABLE: Infectious Diseases and Toxins (2002)

If you don't want to visit your doctor and obtain an antibiotic, there are several options you may way wish to consider.

#1 - Try Hydrogen Peroxide as an antibiotic. (Note - this can be dangerous, but it is the method that I personally use when I feel that I am suffering a non-viral infection.) There is a web site that I have posted before on the "oxygen therapies" that describes how to safely take oral H2O2. I'll edit this post when I find it)

#2 - Increase your vitamin D(3) supplementation. (I have been taking 2000 to 3000 daily, plus the UV/B lamp for 20 minutes this winter. So far so good! It really seems to help.)

#3 - Lost in the propaganda about vitamin A is the importance of this vitamin to the immune system.

Also, we have discussed the merits of applying sodium ascorbate directly to the sinus via a nasal spray. This technique may increase ascorbate concentrations 1000-fold, and we have had people report even greater success adding coloidal silver to the sodium ascorbate nasal spray.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

joiv
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#5  Post by joiv » Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:04 am

#4 Eat lots of garlic. It's a very potent natural antibiotic.

Ralph Lotz
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

The Iron Time Bomb

Post Number:#6  Post by Ralph Lotz » Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:31 am

"Unless we put medical freedom into the constitution...medicine will organize into an undercover dictatorship..force people who wish doctors and treatment of their own choice to submit to only what..dictating outfit offers." Dr. Benjamin Rush

Return to “Bowel Tolerance”