vitamin c and sick people?

This forum will focus on the interesting topic of titrating oral vitamin C intake to so-called bowel tolerance, the point just prior to the onset of diarrhea

Moderator: ofonorow

vitamin c and sick people?

Post Number:#1  Post by Guest » Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:47 am

So let me get this right.. if a person is sick the more vitamin c they could take with out useing the bathroom?
i was reading a sick body could handle 10times of what a normal heathy body could is this true?

DanSco
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#2  Post by DanSco » Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:59 pm

I couldn't say for sure if it can be 10 times as much, in my own experience when I have had a cold coming on it's easily 5 or 6 times as much. I don't keep records, I just start gulping down lots of C capsules!! Also, everybody's response to VitC is different.
-DanSco

Note: I am not a doctor nor do I pretend to be one on the internet. Do not duplicate what I do without a pat on the head from your doctor and a note from your mommy.

davids

Re: vitamin c and sick people?

Post Number:#3  Post by davids » Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:12 pm

Anonymous wrote:So let me get this right.. if a person is sick the more vitamin c they could take with out useing the bathroom?
i was reading a sick body could handle 10times of what a normal heathy body could is this true?

Hi Guest,

Basically you have got the theory of "bowel tolerance" dosing correct. http://www.orthomed.com/titrate.htm

Depending on the toxicity of the malady a person is dealing with, e.g. cancer, polio, mononucleoisis, pneumonia, snake bite, etc., etc., etc., they might find their "bowel tolerance," i.e. ascorbate needs, goes up 10, 20, or even 30, times from what it normally is. Not only is the ascorbate used in an untold number of processes in the body, but it itself is used up detoxifying/neutralising toxins.

David

Return to “Bowel Tolerance”