Vitamin C, flavonoids and hep c

This forum will focus on the interesting topic of titrating oral vitamin C intake to so-called bowel tolerance, the point just prior to the onset of diarrhea

Moderator: ofonorow

Juandeniro

Vitamin C, flavonoids and hep c

Post Number:#1  Post by Juandeniro » Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:44 am

Hello to all,
I have been doing oral mega dosing of VC- by capping sodium ascorbate in "000" caps- about 2 grams each, taken at each hour, and 1 hydrochloric acid (HCI) 500mg at each half hour. No bowel distress, unless I eat a lot of carbohydrates. Protein seems to be the better ingrediant with vc. This is working very well against hep c.
I also did huge amounts of iv vc for a month -this made a huge difference against shortness of breath, and liver pain.
Lately, I am adding lots of antioxidants and flavonoids, after reading several articles that state that flavs make the vc even more effective, by squelching even more free radicals, and re-cycling the vc, or "saving" it, and also, the flavs are said to complete synthetic VC.
Of course, natural flavs are always best, but green tea extract, ginko, milk thistle, grape seed ext., rutin, quercitin, NAC, lemon peel -(dried in the sun, and powdered, added to the vc powder)
are all boosters.
R-lipoic acid is said to be a better form if alpha for an anti-ox. that recycles c.
I got in the habit of eating a whole watermelon each day for the last couple summers and noticed a big difference then as well.
Also, lately I have been doing the castor oil packs each night. I believe that the oil "moves" fluid, as they say, and this moves toxins out, and the good stuff in. I do notice a difference from it.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Interesting

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Sun Apr 02, 2006 8:59 am

Since you are capping, I wonder why sodium ascorbate instead of ascorbic acid, which according to Dr. Cathcart ,is twice as effective orally as the sodium form http://www.vitamincfoundation.org/videos ?

We'd like to see the science that bioflavonoids "complement" synthetic vitamin C. As posted previously, we believe that Linus Pauling's review of the older science failed to show any additional benefits. Vitamin C - the ascorbate ion - is the active ingredient.

That is not to say there might not be some health benefits from various substances, such as quercitin. But don't be confused by marketing "hype" for "natural" vitamin C. If you want natural vitamin C, eat oranges or green/red peppers.
Last edited by ofonorow on Sun Apr 02, 2006 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Post Number:#3  Post by Guest » Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:41 pm

Thanks for your reply Owen.
I am using the sodium ascorbate because that is what I have at the moment. But thank you, I will get AA soon.
I did notice a difference from the dried lemon peel -taken at the same time.

KENT
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#4  Post by KENT » Sun Apr 02, 2006 5:01 pm

Hello, my name is Ken and I have hepatitis C. I have tried many alternative treatments and I can recommend several that I felt helped normalize my ALT and AST liver scores, but the treatment I most strongly recommend based on my personal experience is bowel tolerance levels of vitamin C. Again based on my personal experience only and the limitation of my personal observation, bowel tolerance levels of vitamin c seemed to me one of the major factors that stabilize my condition and then allow the other treatments such alpha lopic acid, milk thistle, vitamin b complex, licorice root, dandelion root tea, green tea extract, ect. to work more effectively.

As I learn from my personal experience, this view of course my change, but at the present time , I try to take vitamin C around the clock.

Ken

Post Number:#5  Post by Guest » Sun Apr 02, 2006 6:01 pm

Hello Ken, and same here....VC is the one thing that has made a consistent improvement above all else. I have tried nearly everything, and some things work for a time, and then spiral downward. This last 6-9 months have been relatively symptom free.

Dolev
quack
quack

Post Number:#6  Post by Dolev » Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:16 pm

A conservative triple antioxidant approach to the treatment of hepatitis C. Combination of alpha lipoic acid (thioctic acid), silymarin, and selenium: three case histories

.http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=pubmed&dopt=Abstract&list_uids=10554539&query_hl=1&itool=pubmed_docsum
Dolev

davids

Hepatitis "cure"

Post Number:#7  Post by davids » Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:38 pm

Cathcart had excellent success "curing" hepatitis in a matter of days with "bowel tolerance" doses of ascorbic acid orally (usually 30 to 100 grams per day was the patient's "bowel tolerance" amount). The following is from his famous "Titrating" article:
HEPATITIS
Acute cases of infectious hepatitis have responded dramatically. Cases included two orthopaedic surgeons who probably acquired the disease pricking their hands at surgery and being inoculated with a patient's blood. With ascorbate treatment laboratory tests including the SGOT, SGPT, and bilirubins indicated rapid reversal of the disease. In one of these cases, with the doctorpatient and his treating physicians having difficulty believing that the ascorbate was responsible for the improvement, the ascorbate was discontinued. The condition of the patient rapidly deteriorated. The patient's wife took charge and doled out the ascorbate; again the disease rapidly subsided with laboratory findings returning to normal.

Usually oral bowel tolerance doses will reverse hepatitis rapidly. Stools regularly return to normal color in 2 days. It generally takes about 6 days for the jaundice to clear, but the patient will feel almost well after 4 to 5 days. Because of the diarrhea caused by the disease, intravenous ascorbate may need to be used in very severe cases. Often large doses of ascorbic acid, taken orally despite diarrhea, will cause a paradoxical cessation of the diarrhea.

Morishige has demonstrated the effectiveness of ascorbate in preventing hepatitis from blood transfusions (24).
http://www.orthomed.com/titrate.htm

David

Return to “Bowel Tolerance”