Interesting sore throat observation

This forum will focus on the interesting topic of titrating oral vitamin C intake to so-called bowel tolerance, the point just prior to the onset of diarrhea

Moderator: ofonorow

blueskymyne

Interesting sore throat observation

Post Number:#1  Post by blueskymyne » Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:56 pm

Recently had the onset of the flu.

Typical onset symptoms are hot and cold sweats, lack of energy and expanding sore throat.

An entire bag of cough drops were totally ineffective for the sore throat.

I experiment with different forms of vitamin c.

I took 16 grams of ascorbic acid with bioflavinoids, hesperin, rutin etc. and mixed with 1/2 cup non-sugared, organic orange juice in a container. It was thick and brownish. So when I drank it, it clung to my throat and stung momentarily.
Within 20 minutes the sore throat was completely gone and didnt come back. After about 20 minutes I then flushed with a quart of water and continued with the vitamin c just below tollerance of 60 grams/24hrs. divided.

I assume that since ascorbic is a bacteriostat in vivo and vitro that it must have killed the organisms causing the sore throat and the fact that I mixed it thick kept it in place to work.

This works well in relieving the general lack of energy that accompanies the flu, it also makes you feel better in the mind albeit to the ascorbic acid effects on converting tryptophan and tyrosine to seratonin.

HuongNguyen

Re: Interesting sore throat observation

Post Number:#2  Post by HuongNguyen » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:18 am

Uhm, besides a sore throat, did you experience anything bad ? And i also have a friend who takes Vitamin C really often but i wonder if it can cause some side effects to her health...

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Interesting sore throat observation

Post Number:#3  Post by ofonorow » Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:33 am

blueskymyne wrote:Recently had the onset of the flu.

Typical onset symptoms are hot and cold sweats, lack of energy and expanding sore throat.

An entire bag of cough drops were totally ineffective for the sore throat.

I experiment with different forms of vitamin c.

I took 16 grams of ascorbic acid with bioflavinoids, hesperin, rutin etc. and mixed with 1/2 cup non-sugared, organic orange juice in a container. It was thick and brownish. So when I drank it, it clung to my throat and stung momentarily.
Within 20 minutes the sore throat was completely gone and didnt come back
. After about 20 minutes I then flushed with a quart of water and continued with the vitamin c just below tollerance of 60 grams/24hrs. divided.

I assume that since ascorbic is a bacteriostat in vivo and vitro that it must have killed the organisms causing the sore throat and the fact that I mixed it thick kept it in place to work.

This works well in relieving the general lack of energy that accompanies the flu, it also makes you feel better in the mind albeit to the ascorbic acid effects on converting tryptophan and tyrosine to seratonin.

Great report! If you are smart, you'll attempt to patent this before it becomes "prior art."

Seriously, we may want to post this close to our "Surefire Cure for the Common Cold" page, but I'll wait to hear your patent status. If you don't want to file a patent, please share the exact formula of your concoction. Thx.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Bowel Tolerance”