Bowel Tolerance

This forum will focus on the interesting topic of titrating oral vitamin C intake to so-called bowel tolerance, the point just prior to the onset of diarrhea

Moderator: ofonorow

DonHarry

Bowel Tolerance

Post Number:#1  Post by DonHarry » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:57 am

Hi there, i'd just like to share my days experience with anyone who is interested. I have noticed recent topics concerning the worries of high dose vitamin C and i have had the opportunity today to try to reach my bowel tolerance. At about 3'Oclock this afternoon i began getting flu like symptoms, the sore throat, the headache which moves down behind the eyes and the heavy headed feeling one gets when his sinesses are filling with flem. It progressed extremely quickly to the point where i was feeling pretty aweful in a very short space of time, around 40 minutes prior to the onset roughly.

Since then i began taking pure ascorbic acid, around 3-4 grams every 20 minutes. Within the first, i would say 2 doses i began getting the relief of symptoms, but i continued dosing as they began coming back just before i was ready for the next dose. I had work at 4 but i took my vitamin C with me and continued dosing, and i have been dosing at roughly the same intervals since 3 and have ingested around 63 grams of ascorbic acid in 7 hours. I have neared bowel tolerance numerous times but have yet to actually achieve it fully.

Symptoms are almost completely suppressed although they do come back shortly before the next dose which means i should probably increase to true bowel tolerance. The only side effect to report is a rather large quantity of gas. It is providing me with a marker to show how near i am to BT and i have no doubt that it is better than housing this illness for the next week or so.

As a final note, my usual BT is around 12 grams, so in the last 7 hours i have consumed about 5 x's my normal dose.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Bowel Tolerance

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:48 am

Thank you for the report. This is what Cathcart observed for many years in thousands of patients, see orthomed.com/titrate.htm

Note your dosage is half of our "surefire cure" dosage 8)
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Bowel Tolerance”