is bowel tolerance determined on....

This forum will focus on the interesting topic of titrating oral vitamin C intake to so-called bowel tolerance, the point just prior to the onset of diarrhea

Moderator: ofonorow

scottbushey
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

is bowel tolerance determined on....

Post Number:#1  Post by scottbushey » Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:01 pm

Is bowel tolerance determined on a single dose or is it the total of the day which brings diarrhea? Today , I took a total of 19,500 divided into 3 doses. About an hr after the 3rd dose, I experienced loose stools. Is this considered bowel tolerance?

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: is bowel tolerance determined on....

Post Number:#2  Post by pamojja » Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:00 am

Hi Scott,

can only answer pragmatically from experience with testing my own: bowel tolerance is much faster reached with a higher single dose, anything above ~8 grams in my case, as when dividing the doses into much smaller ones taken as frequently as possible during the day. Where I usually can take up to 46 grams without liquid stools. However, the bodies intake capability can vary during the day and at times the same amounts could have taken me just beyond my limit.

So taking 8 gram 3 times a day reaching a total of 24 - while for example being able to take the 8 grams 6 times a day enabling an total intake of 46 grams suggests that the later is coming closer to one's actual bowel tolerance as meant in literature.

Increasing the frequency of taking doses at less than about every 2 1/2 hours (as in my case) would probably further raise my bowel tolerance a bid, but due to practicality I never tested it any further.

Regards..

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: is bowel tolerance determined on....

Post Number:#3  Post by ofonorow » Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:59 am

scottbushey wrote:Is bowel tolerance determined on a single dose or is it the total of the day which brings diarrhea? Today , I took a total of 19,500 divided into 3 doses. About an hr after the 3rd dose, I experienced loose stools. Is this considered bowel tolerance?

If it is, you are lucky! Most people have a more severe reaction when they exceed their tolerance.

We have tried but probably have not very well answered this question in the past, and the last poster has tried. Yes, there is probably a dosage limit, and then there seems to be a daily limit. I believe the dosages listed in Catchart's table (http://www.orthomed.com/titrate.htm) are the daily limit because he has a column for the number of daily dosages needed to reach that limit.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Bowel Tolerance”