How long does it take to feel a lot better?

This forum will focus on the interesting topic of titrating oral vitamin C intake to so-called bowel tolerance, the point just prior to the onset of diarrhea

Moderator: ofonorow

Super Bellybutton

How long does it take to feel a lot better?

Post Number:#1  Post by Super Bellybutton » Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:13 pm

I was wondering, how long does it take to feel better?

What were your symptoms and at what dose did you take until you felt significantly better?

I'm curious because I'm on 35g/day and while I feel a little better, it isn't quite there yet. I would say I am at 60%.

nherdboi

Post Number:#2  Post by nherdboi » Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:37 am

I find that you'll start to feel better when you reach bowel tolerance levels of vitamin c. That is, when you start to experience some intense (but not painful) gas.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Not Yet at Bowel Tolerance

Post Number:#3  Post by ofonorow » Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:34 am

Sounds like you are not yet at your bowel tolerance for whatever ails you. (See http://www.orthomed.com/titrate.htm )

You'll notice from Dr. Cathcart's chart that some infections increase bowel tolerance above 150 g to 200 g (200,000 mg daily, e.g. mono) So you might only be 1/5 of the way to what your body requires.

What is the diagnosis or what are your symptoms?
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Super Bellybutton

Post Number:#4  Post by Super Bellybutton » Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:11 pm

My symptoms are mostly impaired cognitive function. It's hard to concentrate and think...making everything things like driving difficult. I'm also constantly fatigued despite eating large meals.

It's scaring me since I think I might suffer brain damage. I'm at 35g/day, but I already get diarrhea at this point. It makes me believe I have some intestinal disorder. My stools have come out bulky, pale, and loose. Maybe I just can't absorb the vitamin C.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Bowel Tolerance

Post Number:#5  Post by ofonorow » Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:20 am

Super Bellybutton wrote:My symptoms are mostly impaired cognitive function. It's hard to concentrate and think...making everything things like driving difficult. I'm also constantly fatigued despite eating large meals.

It's scaring me since I think I might suffer brain damage. I'm at 35g/day, but I already get diarrhea at this point. It makes me believe I have some intestinal disorder. My stools have come out bulky, pale, and loose. Maybe I just can't absorb the vitamin C.

Ascorbic Acid is good for most things, but a bowel tolerance connection to "imapired cognitive function" is not known to me. I'd keep up the vitamin C, but would add good sources of Omega/3s (perhaps 10-12 g daily per Barry Sears Omega/3 Zone book). This amount lifted people in nursing homes out of dementia.

I would also add 200-300 mg CoQ10 for energy (stamina) and consider adding carnitine for the same reason.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Ralph Lotz
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

I'm also constantly fatigued

Post Number:#6  Post by Ralph Lotz » Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:04 am

Basics to fight fatigue include a good multiple vitamin such as Source Naturals Lifeforce or Purity's Perfect Multi-Super Greens, a good magnesium supplement (not oxide), Omega 3 Fish Oil or Cod Liver Oil.
Cognition can be improved with Acetyl L-Carnitine 500 mg and Alpha-Lipoic Acid 200 mg twice daily. Also Phosphatidyl Serine.

Gut health is important. There is more serotonin in the gut than in the brain.
"Unless we put medical freedom into the constitution...medicine will organize into an undercover dictatorship..force people who wish doctors and treatment of their own choice to submit to only what..dictating outfit offers." Dr. Benjamin Rush

rider
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

how long before...

Post Number:#7  Post by rider » Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:33 am

We had the idea that it took about two weeks before we noticed the first benefits of taking AA pure. Like the internal organs first had to get sufficient C before the rest of the body could benefit of the C-dosis. Like the organs functioned better/smoother and took less energy overall from the 'system' .
Since then we had amazing results aswell for us, grown-ups (40-47 yo), as for the children (9 & 5 yo).
I've made a logfile on my computer since it was impossible to remember all the 'changes' we experienced: we are definitly fitter, healthier, less/none psoriasis attacks, no more sun-allergie, the skeleton joints are more 'lubricated', more distinction between the important things to do and the real important things to do (= less stress!). And so on and so on...in less time than usual is required to recover from anything compared to 'before-AA-intake'. We still eat our veggies and stuff we used to but we seem to have developped a taste for healthier food aswell since..etc.
Since I'm a martial arts instructor the benefits are very clear in the dojo. After a while my students (25+yo) were convinced to try it themselves, they are really enthousiastic about it. Less muscle-aching *g* and their bodymovements did really benefit as did their state of mind. I can't explain why but they seem happier and they come to the training more often and on a more regular basis.
Dosis vary between (adults) 2 gr/day to up to 20 gr/day when some injury occurred (snowboarding!) and 1 gr/day up to 5gr/day for the children. Bowel-intolerance is the referencepoint.
BTW we are taking AA for a year now, we are slim built (european style.. :wink: ) with no serious diseases wso.
Anyway.. we are convinced and continue our daily intake for sure!
Last edited by rider on Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

eliu

Post Number:#8  Post by eliu » Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:20 am

DMAE & Ginkgo Biloba Extract are also helpful to brain.
If you have amalgam(mercury) in your teeth, replace them.

rider
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#9  Post by rider » Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:04 am

Perhaps we need that too.. :wink:
Will look into that..thnx.
The fillings are being replaced but no benefits here as far as we can notice (on short term).
Life's to short to be bored.
TC & have fun!

Return to “Bowel Tolerance”