Reduction?

This forum will focus on the interesting topic of titrating oral vitamin C intake to so-called bowel tolerance, the point just prior to the onset of diarrhea

Moderator: ofonorow

ascorbicjoe
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Reduction?

Post Number:#1  Post by ascorbicjoe » Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:17 pm

I feel that I will need to reduce my intake of ascorbic acid. I find myself more loose than I would prefer.

My question is has anyone had to do a reduction before? I mean from a previously well established norm.

I had a lot of sore throats, but used V-C at 500mg levels for years. I know feel my throat feels better than before, I am muscluarly stronger and the part of my vascular system that can be observed (male) is doing far better than normal.
I am around 40 years old.

I believe that I am seeing a completition of much repair and may need to reduce. How much lower should I go?

I currently have 6-7 grams 3 times a day. At that level I was mostly okay except for some minor problems, but those bowel problems are occuring much more frequently, almost daily.

I did try taking a gram an hour for several days and found that it was not too bad. I am thinking that I am nearly full, but the doses are too much at that moment. I would like to keep my V-C at the maximum level I need. Should I cut the doses first, or should I try to take it 4-6 times a day for the same dose per day?

Any ideas? Should I cut the dosage first or increase the frequency?

DanSco
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#2  Post by DanSco » Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:39 am

I would increase the frequency. Animals make ascorbic acid in their livers non-stop around the clock. The closer you can approximate that behavior, the better. Of course there is a practical limit, and you don't need to drive yourself crazy.
-DanSco

Note: I am not a doctor nor do I pretend to be one on the internet. Do not duplicate what I do without a pat on the head from your doctor and a note from your mommy.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Change in Bowel Tolerance

Post Number:#3  Post by ofonorow » Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:48 am

Cathcart's observations support the idea that our bowel tolerance can change as the source of free radicals are eliminated.

The technique is the same. If you are feeling well, and gaseous, then slowly reduce to find the level where you still feel well, but have no tolerance issues. I can always tell when I "need" C - itchy throat, start of some congestion, etc. And yes, smaller dosages more frequently eliminate a possible reason why vitamin C might not be well absorbed (leading to gas/diarrhea) but of course this is very inconvenient.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

ascorbicjoe
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#4  Post by ascorbicjoe » Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:31 am

Another possible issue is that I have been making a strong effort to eat ZERO trans fat. I check packages, stop eating at restaurants etc. I am making more meals myself, so having less junk in my body may help, too.

I do feel very good. I think I will try higher frequency, smaller doses first. I think that I can use the ascorbic acid as long as I do not overfill the tank. I guess is is like filling up a glass of water. If you need an ounce to complete it, but you dump 3 ounces into the glass, it pours over. If you took the 3 ounces over time as you are sipping from the glass you will not over fill the glass.

I think the 6-7g doses are just too big for my system now that I have been taking C for nearly 10 months. I do not feel that I am C starved as I was before I started mega-dosing.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts on this.

Return to “Bowel Tolerance”