Correlation of Bowel Tolerance to Health Questionable for me

This forum will focus on the interesting topic of titrating oral vitamin C intake to so-called bowel tolerance, the point just prior to the onset of diarrhea

Moderator: ofonorow

majkinetor
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Re: Correlation of Bowel Tolerance to Health Questionable for me

Post Number:#31  Post by majkinetor » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:52 am

Absorption of oral vitamin C is 5-15%. Lipo is 100%. Hence, around 6 would probably be enough, not more then 8.

BTW, if C gets absorbed, it still doesn't mean it will enter the cell, insulin resistance for instance may be in effect. Lipo doesn't need receptors.

cindylouwho

Post Number:#32  Post by cindylouwho » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:54 am

That is also an incredible amount of money to spend! I myself can not afford that. VC capsules ( 1,000 mg) are relatively inexpensive and especially inexpensive for those with higher BT's.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#33  Post by ofonorow » Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:26 am

Absorption of oral vitamin C is 5-15%

I am sorry, but again, this number is news to me. Pauling estimated 50% and Cathcart 20%, so where does your statement of fact come from? Thx.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

majkinetor
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#34  Post by majkinetor » Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:45 am

Intakes of 1 to 1.5 grams results in 50% absorption, but at intakes over 12 grams only 16% of the vitamin is absorbed. In contrast, an intake of less than 20 mg, has a 98% absorption rate. Since most of people here take tea spoon which is between 3 and 4 grams, absorption is around 30% or so. This is tested in healthy people, with GI stress this drops down. With aging you have to consider helicobacter and other stuff.

There are some papers:

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1 ... 9/abstract
A two-compartment disposition model of ascorbic acid (AA) pharmacokinetics with saturable and time-constrained intestinal absorption was developed. The model was fitted to pharmacokinetic data obtained after oral administration to nine healthy volunteers of two effervescent dosage forms differing in AA content: Celaskon 60 mg (CK60) and Celaskon 500 mg (CK500). It was demonstrated that in the case of CK500 less than 30% of the dose was absorbed as compared with CK60.

In Vitamin C pharmacokinetics in healthy volunteers: evidence for a recommended dietary allowance. they say that 1.25g is between 30% - 50%.

OK, its definitely not 5%, but its far from 50% either. It looks like Cathart was right with 20%.

dectiri
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Correlation of Bowel Tolerance to Health Questionable fo

Post Number:#35  Post by dectiri » Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:02 pm

ofonorow wrote:.... but add liposomal vitamin C on top. This forum contains instructions and links to instructions on how to make very inexpensive "homemade" liposomal vitamin C. Another 10 grams of liposomal should cover any bases if there is some kind of "free radical" issue the regular medical tests are missing..

.... and I think what's missing in your -- CindyLouwho's -- calculation of the cost of those liposomal C suggestions is not being revealed in ofonorow's advice, namely that the liposomal C is said to be about 7-10 TIMES AS POTENT AS ORDINARY C... which is because the gut does not pass much more than 10% of the dose you took of ordinary C through into your bloodstream, leaving almost NINETY PERCENT IN THE BOWEL doing your other organs no good... whereas the liposomal C goes right through into the bloodstream... hence taking 1 g of lipsomal C would make up for not taking 10 g of ordinary C that caused you so much bloating at doses approaching that BT of 61g ordinary oral... congrats on getting all the way to figuring that high level out...

Consequently the monetary calculation should account for what actually gets through to your innards which cuts the cost of liposomal C down dramatically though no where near competitive otherwise than in just understanding that you're getting much more C into your systems with that LE-C... now the idea of making your own, may not be quite the 10x factor, but then again the cost is way less, it's just the regimen and the time... take your pick...

You might also wonder whether that high level dose would settle down after that dental procedure to take the amalgam's out, which might also tally into the blend of costs since taking high doses to undo the damage being done by not spending to take the blinking mercury out also adds interesting wrinkles to the costs of your C needs...

As for healthy women's doses, Klenner wasn't interested in reaching BT in his pregnant clients, and he was using 4-5g during pregnancy (10-15g for delivery date approach) and his record of healthy births was a 300-0 success including a set of quads,,, oy! HTH keep things in perspective...

Return to “Bowel Tolerance”