Itchy Skin?

This forum will focus on the interesting topic of titrating oral vitamin C intake to so-called bowel tolerance, the point just prior to the onset of diarrhea

Moderator: ofonorow

chimp
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Itchy Skin?

Post Number:#1  Post by chimp » Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:31 pm

For the last few weeks I have had general itchiness of the skin and frequent bowel movements on 6 to 9 grams of vitamin C per day. I am going to cut back to about 1.5 grams per day of vitamin C and see if the itchiness clears up. Perhaps I need less vitamin C?

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Detox

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:29 am

A lot depends on the toxicity present in your body and the level of vitamin C you have been taking previously. Cold sores, for instance, are common reactions when people begin to take more C - because the viruses are "pushed" to the surface as the body obtains a greater ability to deal with them.

They do go away fairly soon - if you stick with high C.

Your itch may be a symptom caused by toxic substances being pushed to the skin for expulsion. Not a lot of fun. The other alternative is an allergy to some of the substances in the vitamin C pill. (That is why we recommend pure vitamin C powder - no extraneous substances)
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Bowel Tolerance”