Do the Health Gods know what scurvy is?

What is vitamin C? Is there such a thing as a vitamin C complex? Why do so many people now believe in the complex?

Moderator: ofonorow

STUARTCBRANDT

Do the Health Gods know what scurvy is?

Post Number:#1  Post by STUARTCBRANDT » Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:23 am

Do the health gods no what scurvy is, or do they think it is from the past.

I have been reading alot about heart disease and the causes, and nobody says it is a grade of scurvy except here and Linus Pauling.
Are the health gods blind to this or do we just have our eyes open and see outside the box.
I read most of Roberts book and he did not mention scurvy but he does have a more open outlook for a Cardiologist.

Stuart Brandt

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Do the Health Gods no what scurvy is.

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:42 am

STUARTCBRANDT wrote:Do the health gods no what scurvy is, or do they think it is from the past.

I have been reading alot about heart disease and the causes, and nobody says it is a grade of scurvy except here and Linus Pauling.
Are the health gods blind to this or do we just have our eyes open and see outside the box.
I read most of Roberts book and he did not mention scurvy but he does have a more open outlook for a Cardiologist.

Stuart Brandt

Excellent question.

Heart disease is the number one killer and hospital beds are filled with people who have suffered a heart attack, stroke or vascular problem.

Do you think modern medicine has ANY idea how to prevent the condition?

What you are beginning to realize is the great nutrition ignorance prevalent in the nursing and medical profession. This ignorance is not an accident. An average doctor or nurse receives no training in vitamin C, other than a small blurb that 60 mg is the RDA, it is required to prevent scurvy, and that it depletes B12, causes kidney stones, and that anyone who recommends more than 200 mg is a "quack". This is what they are taught. (I've attended the training!)

I have not attended training in cardiology, but from what cardiologists ROUTINELY tell their patients, they are taught that vitamin C has nothing to do with "heart disease."

By the way, "nobody" should include more people than Pauling and here (but Pauling is enough, believe me). Especially Dr. Thomas Levy (Cardiologist). It sounds like you haven't read the right book yet?!? You need to read STOP AMERICA'S #1 KILLER. This is the definitive book and PROOF that vitamin C is the root cause (its deficiency) for all known so-called risk factors.

The reason for Roberts and others ignorance is because it seems too simple to have been overlooked. How could the entire problem simply be a vitamin C deficiency? No way! (Yes, Way) And the ramifications are too much for the average brain to handle - it is a holocaust.

Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Ralph Lotz
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Only 69% of the docs in 81 countries

Post Number:#3  Post by Ralph Lotz » Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:00 pm

Here is a response from NEJM that I received last January.
I got it right:

Dear Dr. RALPH LOTZ

We received 2001 responses to this Medical Mystery from 81 countries. 69% correctly identified this as vitamin C deficiency or scurvy. Please see the January 26, 2006 issue of the Journal for full details.

We look forward to your participation in the next Medical Mystery.

Lindsey R. Baden, M.D.

Deputy Editor and Images in Clinical Medicine Editor

New England Journal of Medicine
"Unless we put medical freedom into the constitution...medicine will organize into an undercover dictatorship..force people who wish doctors and treatment of their own choice to submit to only what..dictating outfit offers." Dr. Benjamin Rush

Dolev
quack
quack

Post Number:#4  Post by Dolev » Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:18 am

Of those 69% who know that scurvy is a vitamin C deficiency, how many know that death from scurvy is just the final expression of a disintigration process?
Dolev

Ralph Lotz
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

The Medical Mystery

Post Number:#5  Post by Ralph Lotz » Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:26 pm

This was much more than knowing that scurvy is a vitamin C deficiency. It means that 31% didn't know scurvy when they saw someone dying from it.

The Medical Mystery involved photos and symptoms of a man suffering from an unidentified disease. This man's appearance was ghastly.
This was a case of frank scurvy. Somebody with only days or weeks to live.
The particiopants were supposed to make the diagnosis.

The thought of subclinical scurvy or scurvy as a finality of a disintegration process is totally absent from conventional allopathic medicine. They are clueless.
"Unless we put medical freedom into the constitution...medicine will organize into an undercover dictatorship..force people who wish doctors and treatment of their own choice to submit to only what..dictating outfit offers." Dr. Benjamin Rush

Dolev
quack
quack

Post Number:#6  Post by Dolev » Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:36 am

That goes for any other vitamin deficiency disease. Pellagra, for example, the B3 deficiency disease, has dementia as one of the outstanding symptoms. Using this knowledge, Abram Hoffer has cured many people of early stage schizophrenia. Fact is, most diseases are probably based in various specific or general nutrient deficiencies.
Dolev

Kathy

Post Number:#7  Post by Kathy » Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:20 am

Edit: Is this the quiz?

If so, the full text of the editor's note answered my question about who the respondents were.

antioxidant_addict

Do they KNOW what scurvy is?

Post Number:#8  Post by antioxidant_addict » Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:32 pm

"I'd put a steak dinner on this :" (LEVY)

I SAY THIS
1. Most people in hospital have sub-clinical scurvy yet the doctors never see that the levels of ascorbate (if they bother to think about it) are low.Not that they'd know what Scurvy is...
2. Most of the population of the UK have pitifully low levels of C in their blood.
3. Most people struggle to eat 5 pieces of fruit and veg a day.
4. Most people who are wise enough to supplement only take 500 > 2000mg's MAX as they think any more is dangerous/bad/poisonous.
5. When people die in hospital, the C levels are close to full blown scurvy.

Van Carman
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Hospital Lab Tech Said

Post Number:#9  Post by Van Carman » Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:33 pm

Talking to a friend(above),said they do not normally test for ascorbate levels in patients.In fact he said often when the patient has appreciable ascorbate levels.it gives faulty indications(TEST RESULTS)>LAB TECHS DO NOT LIKE PATIENTS WHO USE EVEN MODERATE AMOUNTS OF ASCORBIC ACID>THANKS<VAN
cinnamon and scurvy

Return to “Ascorbic Acid versus Vitamin C Complex”