How to reverse smell and taste loss from Covid

The discussion of how Vitamin C cures infection based on Thomas E Levy book: Curing the Incurable: Vitamin C, Infectious disease and toxins.

Moderator: ofonorow

johnyascorbate
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

How to reverse smell and taste loss from Covid

Post Number:#1  Post by johnyascorbate » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:21 pm

Has anyone experienced the loss of smell/taste from Covid? Any ideas on how to bring it back? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Saw
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: How to reverse smell and taste loss from Covid

Post Number:#2  Post by Saw » Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:18 pm

Was my understanding loss of smell/taste was due to low zinc.
Even a Blind Squirrel makes his own vitamin C.

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#3  Post by pamojja » Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:21 am

Too think its too low (or high) zinc. Till today I know only 5 co-workers who got covid mildly (and an other about 5 who had to take sickness leave after getting the vaccine now). Only one of them was one evening on the brink to go to the hospital, but the next day the fever already broke. She was the only one with persisting loss of smell and taste. Now recovered too.

I try since many years to bring low zinc up (and high copper down), for which I test serum and whole blood zinc (as substitude for intercellular levels). Only after a whole year of 70 mg per day and only my whole blood zinc shoot up higher than normal (I regularly take the zinc ionophores of EGGC and quercetine). But after only 2 colds Feb. and March last year (which I thought was covid) whole blood zinc lowered again (just had an Antibody test, which showed covid-negative).

Though I never experienced loss of smell and taste, one has to wonder how really low it drops with covid.

johnyascorbate
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#4  Post by johnyascorbate » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:47 am

@pamojja @Saw-- I've been taking 50 mg's daily for many, many years. It's hard for me to understand how a few days of sickness can deplete Zinc that much. I'm continuing the Zinc, but not increasing it, because I'm worried about throwing off copper. The only thing that I've added is 2 grams of glutathione.

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#5  Post by pamojja » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:58 am

I would test for both, copper and zinc. The reason why my copper went too high is, because I followed the advise and balanced high zinc intake with a bid of copper. However, only 2 mg/d of copper for me were much too much, and I couldn't correct it since. Seems we are all different, and testing can evaluate.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#6  Post by ofonorow » Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:03 am

johnyascorbate wrote:@pamojja @Saw-- I've been taking 50 mg's daily for many, many years. It's hard for me to understand how a few days of sickness can deplete Zinc that much. I'm continuing the Zinc, but not increasing it, because I'm worried about throwing off copper. The only thing that I've added is 2 grams of glutathione.

So you caught COVID? You've answered the question whether anyone following Pauling's advice has gotten sick, or have you been regular? Question, how much vitamin C and lysine were you routinely taking before COVID?
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

johnyascorbate
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#7  Post by johnyascorbate » Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:22 pm

ofonorow wrote:So you caught COVID? You've answered the question whether anyone following Pauling's advice has gotten sick, or have you been regular? Question, how much vitamin C and lysine were you routinely taking before COVID?

Owen-- Haven't been on the Pauling protocol in quite some time. I don't take all the vitamins and minerals that I used to take, but my Vitamin C consumption along with, Vitamin B3 (Niagen), Zinc, Vitamin A, Vitamin D and a few others has never slowed down.

Yes, i got sick, but it was only for three days, and it wasn't that bad. The main problem is the loss of smell/taste. Doc said it will likely come back in ~3 weeks.

Blargus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#8  Post by Blargus » Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:00 pm

Sorry forgot the source I read awhile ago that the loss of taste and smell could be due to presence of virus in nerves in oral and nasal cavities and they are affecting the nerves. Sorry not sure of source or of certainty, but the nebulized hydrogen peroxide might be helpful if that's the case. I heard zinc too from Bill Sardi.

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2021/02/jos ... -covid-19/

johnyascorbate
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#9  Post by johnyascorbate » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:32 pm

I really appreciate the advice from everyone.

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#10  Post by pamojja » Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:09 am

Wishing a swift recovery.

johnyascorbate
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#11  Post by johnyascorbate » Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:48 am

Thank you, pamojja.
Owen-- 10 Grams daily is all I need. Ascorbic acid only.

Blargus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#12  Post by Blargus » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:30 pm

Ran across this about ClO2 MMS or CDS:

Chlorine dioxide definitely works. I took it but, as I was already leaving the contagion, I didn’t notice much change. What I realized is that I quickly recovered my sense of taste and smell.

By the morning my partner's throat issue was all but gone, and she felt much better although her taste did take a couple of days to return.

https://mmstestimonials.co/coronavirus

johnyascorbate
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#13  Post by johnyascorbate » Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:38 pm

Thanks Blargus.

BrightSideOfLife
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#14  Post by BrightSideOfLife » Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:33 pm

I don't know whether you are still having problems with this, if so then the following guide might be helpful. It does mention Zinc/Quercetin but does have a few other interventions which could be helpful. Lion's Mane mushroom can be helpful in restoring the nervous system by stimulating nerve growth factor production.
https://www.stephenharrodbuhner.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/covid-19-loss-of-smell.txt.pdf

Return to “Vitamin C and Infections: e.g. Covid, Spike Protein, Vaccination”