PCR positive

The discussion of how Vitamin C cures infection based on Thomas E Levy book: Curing the Incurable: Vitamin C, Infectious disease and toxins.

Moderator: ofonorow

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

PCR positive

Post Number:#1  Post by pamojja » Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:53 am

Sort of exciting - just received a positive PCR (the CT-value a very unlikely 37,8 though) and went into quarantine. Since my regimen is pretty allinclusive with natural nutrients, my question would now rather be: Which supplements, especially if symptoms of cytokine storm develop, would better be discondinued?

Untill now only had on Monday evening a outstanding running nose, where I run through a dozen handkerchiefs. Next day gone again.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: PCR positive

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:13 am

Discontinued? Not sure. Here are a list of good ideas for those who have been vaxxed. (You mentioned cytokine storm? That is an issue for the vaxxed..

https://www.rumormillnews.com/cgi-bin/forum.cgi?noframes;read=183180

Not sure if they apply to a regular case - sounds like you have a cold?
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#3  Post by pamojja » Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:31 am

ofonorow wrote: sounds like you have a cold?

Exactly, had a cold on monday evening, since gone. Am only asking because remember discussion about certain supplements boosting the immune response, which might be counterproductive during the storm. Was it Echinacea? Don't remember.

Saw
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#4  Post by Saw » Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:50 pm

A positive PCR and the sniffles, sounds serious! have you been intubated yet?
Even a Blind Squirrel makes his own vitamin C.

Blargus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#5  Post by Blargus » Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:40 pm

Good general synopsis of supplements to have if you get suddenly ill with covid I guess it is Sudden Acute Respiratory Syndrome 2 after all:

Vitamin D aids immune function and helps prevent the inflammatory storm that causes most of the covid deaths.

I have read that in several places that D3 lessens cytokine storm and I think the study on Lysine and covid says Lysine probably does that too. Also the vitamin C IV study with covid as well I think. Not sure what makes it worse. Dr. Christopher has a product called immucalm supposed to calm and strengthen immune system so it doesn't overreact, has astragalus and marshmallow root powder I think. Not sure if it works or not, but herbal info on those says they do regulate immune system.

https://hbnshow.com/remedies-drugs/

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#6  Post by pamojja » Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:19 am

Saw wrote:A positive PCR and the sniffles, sounds serious! have you been intubated yet?

Lol, yes very serious! Especially because these days are probably the last this year where I could sunbath and swim, impossible during quarantine (Police does check here).

Blargus wrote:Good general synopsis of supplements to have if you get suddenly ill with covid ..

If you read OP carefully again you can see that I take everything against covid plus some - already for over a decade. The question was not what do take, but in my particular situation: What not to take? (in the case a cytokine storm would develop)

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#7  Post by pamojja » Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:25 am

Thanks edoc, for your temporarily visible answer. After searching and reading further, I too think that the concerns about some supplements possibly being counterproductive with a cytokine storm solely based on theoretical considerations, but with no clinical evidence obviously wrong. Like this I found in an article:

The increase in these cytokines, among others, is what occurs during the cytokine storm.

● Elderberry — avoid during acute COVID-19 infection

● Vitamin D — avoid during acute COVID-19 infection

● Echinacea — avoid during acute COVID-19 infection

● Larch arabinogalactan — avoid during acute COVID-19 infection

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#8  Post by pamojja » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:05 pm

pamojja wrote:Untill now only had on Monday evening a outstanding running nose, where I run through a dozen handkerchiefs. Next day gone again.

Already a week without symptoms. Guess I can bury my hope of getting infected with a good antibody response. Just like the much worse cold last spring, which didn't result in any antibodies. My mucosal immunity seems just too strong without the need of any.

Return to “Vitamin C and Infections: e.g. Covid, Spike Protein, Vaccination”