How about a thread that is *only* about vitamin C and Covid?

The discussion of how Vitamin C cures infection based on Thomas E Levy book: Curing the Incurable: Vitamin C, Infectious disease and toxins.

Moderator: ofonorow

Qimualaniq656
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

How about a thread that is *only* about vitamin C and Covid?

Post Number:#1  Post by Qimualaniq656 » Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:43 am

Have I missed the existence of it?

I am double vaccinated, AND I take vitamin C. I have not lost my mind, and I am not worried about any micro-chipping. We all already have microchips in our cell phones that allow government tracking. I want to talk / read about vitamin C and Covid, not ivermectin or hydrogen perxide, even eating dirt.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: How about a thread that is *only* about vitamin C and Covid?

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:26 am

How much vitamin C do you take daily? Linus Pauling himself took 18,000 mg daily, and recommend 6,000 to 18,000 in his book HOW TO LIVE LONGER AND FEEL BETTER.

As far as the thread on vitamin C, it is a nice idea. However, it is one piece of a larger puzzle. The best treatment seems to also include an anti-viral, e.g. ivermectin, or HCQ, plus zinc, vitamin D, and of course, vitamin C (at the normal doses people would take orally.) People die when they run out of vitamin C, which is required for immune function. The loss of vitamin C happens rapidly when fighting disease. Taking vitamin C would keep people facing death alive by preserving their immune function.

Now, Vitamin C has been found to be invaluable against infection, e.g. polio, measles, etc., especially when given in high doses intravenously. And there are now a number of vit C/Covid studies, although I am not sure of the dosage, or whether the US studies were fair. Andrew Saul has reported on the Chinese studies that showed high dose vitamin C, alone, was able to treat the Covid illness.

For example,

Shanghai Government Officially Recommends Vitamin C for COVID-19
http://orthomolecular.org/resources/omns/v16n16.shtml

Notice these are not small doses.

These dosages are approximately 4,000 to 16,000 mg for an adult, administered by IV. This specific method of administration is important, says intravenous therapy expert Atsuo Yanagisawa, MD, PhD, because vitamin C's effect is at least ten times more powerful by IV than if taken orally. Dr. Yanagisawa is president of the Tokyo-based Japanese College of Intravenous Therapy. He says, "Intravenous vitamin C is a safe, effective, and broad-spectrum antiviral."

And this reminds me, if IV/C is ten times oral, and true liposomal is 10 times IV, then liposomal vitamin C should be (in theory) one hundred times more effective than oral vitamin C.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Qimualaniq656
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#3  Post by Qimualaniq656 » Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:05 pm

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#4  Post by ofonorow » Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:26 pm

Ivermectin is horse dewormer, and it was meant for horses who have worms.

This is another bit of quaint disinformation spread by certain elements, often called the "mainstream" media. And even if true, that wouldn't invalidate ivermectin's usefulness as an anti-viral in humans.

May I recommend you browse the 2015 Nobel Prize in Medicine, via this introduction.

Ivermectin: a multifaceted drug of Nobel prize-honoured distinction with indicated efficacy against a new global scourge, COVID-19
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34466270/

In 2015, the Nobel Committee for Physiology or Medicine, in its only award for treatments of infectious diseases since six decades prior, honoured the discovery of ivermectin (IVM), a multifaceted drug deployed against some of the world's most devastating tropical diseases. Since March 2020, when IVM was first used against a new global scourge, COVID-19, more than 20 randomized clinical trials (RCTs) have tracked such inpatient and outpatient treatments. Six of seven meta-analyses of IVM treatment RCTs reporting in 2021 found notable reductions in COVID-19 fatalities, with a mean 31% relative risk of mortality vs. controls. During mass IVM treatments in Peru, excess deaths fell by a mean of 74% over 30 days in its ten states with the most extensive treatments. Reductions in deaths correlated with the extent of IVM distributions in all 25 states with p < 0.002. Sharp reductions in morbidity using IVM were also observed in two animal models, of SARS-CoV-2 and a related betacoronavirus. The indicated biological mechanism of IVM, competitive binding with SARS-CoV-2 spike protein, is likely non-epitope specific, possibly yielding full efficacy against emerging viral mutant strains.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#6  Post by ofonorow » Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:25 am

By your logic, if vitamin C was being sold as something, say a horse dewormer, that somehow invalidates its use in other areas?

Why do you ignore the mountain of real science that shows ivermectin works, for a small fraction of the cost of the new medicines just 'approved" which may or may not do the same thing. The new medicines just rushed to approval by the FDA have no track record. They are said work by mutating the viruses. In other words, people who take the new drugs will be creating new variants!
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Blargus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#7  Post by Blargus » Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:49 am

A certain liposomal C more effecive than IV? What constitutes "true" liposomal?

Repost:

The studies that may or may not be fair or correct dose found 43% improvement with early treatment, 21%-43% improvement with late treatment and not much for prophylaxis. Looks like as Owen said it is better used with other things as well.

High dose IV treatment is more effective. Statistically significant improvements are seen for mortality, progression, and recovery...The treatment regimen varies widely across studies and may be high-dose IV vitamin C.

Doses vary:

Dosage was 6g intravenous infusion per 12hr on the first day, and 6g once for the following 4 days.

Dosage was 50 mg/kg/day of intravenous vitamin C

IV vitamin C 1.5 grams every 6 hours.

from 500mg to 1500mg daily

50 mg/kg every six hours on day 1, followed by 100 mg/kg every six hours (four times daily, 400 mg/kg/day) for seven day

IV vitamin C (2g every 6h for 5 days)

https://c19vitaminc.com/

I know it's none of my business but you might want to consider not getting the "boosters." They only give you some few months of supposed protection and even if you think they're safe as they say there is a big risk as they are experimental. The new variant is apparently very mild.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/22/heal ... tions.html

Return to “Vitamin C and Infections: e.g. Covid, Spike Protein, Vaccination”