Smoking Cessation and ultrasonic nebulisers w SA

Discussion of the various forms of vitamin C and the various products

Moderators: ofonorow, popnowlin

dectiri
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Smoking Cessation and ultrasonic nebulisers w SA

Post Number:#1  Post by dectiri » Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:41 pm

As I recall taking a dose of C aimed at the palate, sinus area and such relieves the urge to smoke. Read that somewhere, but since that's not my problem any more, my memory banks stored the data 'elsewhere'.

My son had switched to the swedish snus to deal with the nicotine w/o the usual health consequences, but when i suggest the snus option to current wanna-stoppers, they always claim that they found some gratification in the ritual with their hands and inhalation. Further, even my son said that the snus brands were not all as effective at satisfying the nicotine cravings so even with snus it was still in need of 'help'.

I was recently playing with a little handheld ultrasonic nebulizer... just using a bit of SA [sodium ascorbate] solution, and it was indeed somewhat pleasing to inhale and then aim the misty end to one cheek or the other, so i'm wondering if that's the sort of gratification that smokers are wanting.

Plus you've got the misty vapor to watch swirl a bit.

The nebulizer is a little bigger than a customary classy old world pipe so not so far from 'smoking' -- sherlock holmes style.

Battery powered so the ultrasonic-smoker would be fairly free to move about, yet still have the charging to deal with, no worse than matches to keep supplied.... Having a supply of solution would require some potential figuring to keep it easy and neat. Ideas?

A decent ultrasonic nebulizer like this costs about $50-60 on amazon, probably some shopping needed to get durability. But cigarettes cost about that for ONE CARTON...

3oz travel cosmetic pump bottles cost a few bucks, would hold enough C-solution for quite a few 'smokes' and seal shut so won't leak in your 'pouch' or pocket... If only I had a smoking problem with a good solid craving, I'd test this...

Is there anything we can do with this.. it could eliminate a whole lot of co-morbidities. Appealing images needed to overmatch all those media seductive years of covering-up stinky cigarettes with nasty ashes and unfriendly social consequences... ttyl

dectiri
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Smoking Cessation and ultrasonic nebulisers w SA

Post Number:#2  Post by dectiri » Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:31 pm

As for the sci foundation... google finds this

Clinical trials using ascorbic acid aerosol to aid smoking cessation ...
www.sciencedirect.com › science › article › pii
Clinical trials using ascorbic acid aerosol to aid smoking cessation ... D.P. Tashkin, J.E. RoseClinical evaluation of a citric acid inhaler for smoking cessation.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/a ... 1693901083

The source i originally heard this from was much more 'pithy' and was more practical...

The whole idea triggers hysteria among the NIH CROWD -- maybe because DOCTOR'S RECOMMENDED LUCKY STRIKES FOR STESS RELIEF, rotfl, remember those ads?
ttyl

Return to “Products”