Mega Dose Liposomal VITAMIN C

Discussion of the benefits and disadvantages of commercial and homemade (DIY) liposomal vitamin C

Moderator: ofonorow

caroline_v
Contributor
Contributor

Mega Dose Liposomal VITAMIN C

Post Number:#1  Post by caroline_v » Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:53 am

Hi,
My naturopath recommended me Mega Dose Liposomal Vitamin C 1000mg/ampoule daily.
Did you use same dosage?
This is the link of product https://vitamincvial.blogspot.com/2023/ ... 00-mg.html
Thanks for advice.

Woody93

Re: Mega Dose Liposomal VITAMIN C

Post Number:#2  Post by Woody93 » Sat Aug 19, 2023 11:13 pm

The dosage depends on the condition / disease that is being treated and the health of the individual undergoing the treatment. IMO, not medical advice, 1000mg (1 gram) seems low.

luckssj

Post Number:#3  Post by luckssj » Thu Mar 07, 2024 4:15 pm

I am a Lifestyle Medicine Health and Well-being Practitioner and Nutrition Scientist, I am now taking 5 grams of Liposomal vitamin C and looking forward to seeing what happens.
R/
Dr Lucks PhD

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#4  Post by pamojja » Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:14 am

luckssj wrote:I am now taking 5 grams of Liposomal vitamin C and looking forward to seeing what happens.

Probably not much with such a little dose of vitamin C, and no acute scurvy. See here for my responses: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15982

Martin
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#5  Post by Martin » Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:23 pm

I have tried ascorbic acid, and sodium ascorbate to no avail. Too much flatulence in both.If Today I called LivOn labs requesting more information on their lypo-Spheric Vitamin C. My question was what is the equivalent absorption rate of regular ascorbic acid compared to the lypo-spheric version of sodium ascorbate. Surprisingly, I was told that 1 packet of 1,000 mg of the LivOn brand was equivalent to approximately 3,000 mg of ascorbic acid. I was directed to Dr. Thomas Levy's book Primal Panacea whereby 50 grams of an IVC ascorbic acid infusion was equivalent to approx. 5 packets of LivOn. I just ordered the book to confirm these findings. If such is the case, I will gladly take 3 packets of LivOn a day to give me the equivalent of 9,000 to avoid the digestive problems. Of course, the cost will be more but I will add lycine, proline, taurine, arginine and other products as part of my program.

Martin
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#6  Post by Martin » Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:56 pm

I have confirmed the power of liposomal Vitamin C absorption vs regular ascorbic acid with this podcast by Dr. Thomas Levy: Listen to the first 15 or 20 minutes.

The Power of Liposomal Vitamin C & Much More | From ExtremeHealthRadio Podcast - YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iWKesKWByo

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#7  Post by pamojja » Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:44 am

Martin wrote:Surprisingly, I was told that 1 packet of 1,000 mg of the LivOn brand was equivalent to approximately 3,000 mg of ascorbic acid. I was directed to Dr. Thomas Levy's book Primal Panacea whereby 50 grams of an IVC ascorbic acid infusion was equivalent to approx. 5 packets of LivOn.

Effective in infection, if remembered right, in Dr. Levy's own study it showed a mere 50% AUC increase of intracellular ascorbate at equal doses. So 1 g Livon could only be as effective as 1,5 g sodium ascorbate (the of vitamin C used in IV and liposomal) in other conditions. Like CVD. Besides that, some consider ascorbic acid much more effective compared to sodium ascorbate.

GWS
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#8  Post by GWS » Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:58 am

Martin wrote:I have tried ascorbic acid, and sodium ascorbate to no avail. Too much flatulence in both.......

Every body is different, but I worked up in a weeks time and mine got used to powdered Ascorbic Acid. Two years later I have less intestinal problem than before I started. Try halving your dose and work up.

I know nothing about the lipo...form....never tried it. I take 4 or 5 doses spread at least 3 hours apart of 2g C and 2g Lysine every day and I have loose stools once time maybe once or twice a week, but no big deal.

Flatulence? Show me someone at my age, 74, who doesn't have some of that. I'm just happy the Vit. C, stopped old age constipation. The term "old fart" applies to many of us at my age. But you are hopefully younger and your body will most likely get used to it and adjust. My regimen also includes 2 500mg Proline capsules morning and night.....and I'm feeling great except for the neuropathy.....still searching for that fix.

Martin
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#9  Post by Martin » Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:29 am

GWS....I am going on 82. Relatively healthy no chronic or acute illness except for a high degree of arterial calcification. I tried ascorbic acid (Ascorsine 9) for 6 weeks. 6,000 mg.....Too gassy...Then sodium ascorbate, same problem. I am now on 4 packets a day...4,000 mg of the Liv On product figuring that is close to the bioavailability of 6,000 mg of ascorbic acid. I am amazed of reports on those who partake of18 grams a day of ascorbic acid with no digestive problems yet there are some individuals who cannot take more than 250 mgs. I have added taurine, arginine, lysine etc. in amounts comparable to the Ascorsine 9 formulaton

GWS
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#10  Post by GWS » Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:12 pm

Martin wrote:GWS....I am going on 82. Relatively healthy no chronic or acute illness except for a high degree of arterial calcification. I tried ascorbic acid (Ascorsine 9) for 6 weeks. 6,000 mg.....Too gassy...Then sodium ascorbate, same problem. I am now on 4 packets a day...4,000 mg of the Liv On product figuring that is close to the bioavailability of 6,000 mg of ascorbic acid. I am amazed of reports on those who partake of18 grams a day of ascorbic acid with no digestive problems yet there are some individuals who cannot take more than 250 mgs. I have added taurine, arginine, lysine etc. in amounts comparable to the Ascorsine 9 formulaton

Arterial calcification even when taking Pauling doses of vitamin C, may mean too much calcium in food and supplements? I used to have terrible nervous legs and feet at night....and stupidly took calcium pills for it. That practice most likely helped me toward the double heart bypass I had 15 years ago. That restless leg syndrome was finally rectified when a decent doctor put me on Magnesium Glycinate instead of calcium. One other silver lining about the Glycinate form of Magnesium is it doesn't cause diarrhea. Dr. Levy likes it....says Glycine is essential for the synthesis of creatine and collagen, and Magnesium Glycinate is an additional source. Magnesium and Vitamin C are essential partners according to him. Levy mentions that LivOn now makes a Lipo version of Magnesium....another option I know nothing about.

Return to “Liposomal Vitamin C”