New Method for Very High Potency Liposomal Vitamin C

Discussion of the benefits and disadvantages of commercial and homemade (DIY) liposomal vitamin C

Moderator: ofonorow

kwokshsee

Re: New Method for Very High Potency Liposomal Vitamin C

Post by kwokshsee » Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:40 pm

Hello Chris, at qualityliposomalc.com you list out the weights of various ingredients for three different strengths of alcohol, viz. 40%, 70%, and 100%. But many a time it may be difficult to obtain exactly the same strengths of alcohol, so it will be much more flexible if you could provide the formula(s) for one to work out the weights of other ingredients for a particular strength of alcohol.

Could you please do that? Post it here and at qualityliposomalc.com as well, please. Many many thanks!

RAC

Post by RAC » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:40 am

I just made my first batch of Chris' formula, after making and using daily Liposomal Vitamin C for over a year. I was using an on-line discovered formula without any alcohol, much less ascorbate (and lecithin), and less technically sophisticated. I have an reasonably good ultrasonic cleaner, of the $150 variety, which I purchased through Amazon. I have thought that I was getting good results. However, I had no technical way of gauging how successfully I have been encapsulating the Sodium Ascorbate. It now appears my encapsulation process was not doing as well as I thought. My general health is good.

I have a few questions for Chris or anyone else who may be able to contribute to my knowledge.

My question is whether the formula would be more successful by lowering the proportions of ascorbate, and lecithin, and alcohol in the formula? Or, in other words, just adding water, thus diluting the product. Is there any benefit in having the formula the highest possible suspension? There are no commercial considerations to weigh. It would make no significant difference regarding storage (fridge space). Regarding usage, I could just as easily down two shots of Liposomal C, rather than one, to get the desired amount of ascorbate.

I used Everclear 95% alcohol, which was available at a local liquor store (Chicago suburb). I used the adjusted formula suggested in this forum for 95% Everclear, which is approx 469+ grams water and 122+ grams Everclear. I used the lesser suggested amount of lecithin (80%). I used Swanson's sunflower lecithin, containing approx 25% phosphatidylcholine, which is incrementally higher that in the soy lecithin (22%) prescribed in Chris' recipe. Like some others who have commented on the forum, I ended with a thicker consistency than seemed desirable, and thus added extra water. It would seem that there is just too much lecithin (and therefore Vitamin C, assuming that a specific amount is needed in ratio to the Vitamin C) in the suspension.

I wonder why not make it less strong with a better consistency? Water is the least expensive ingredient. I would think the blending and ultrasonic bath processes might be more efficient with a more liquid consistency. I would think as long as the ratio of alcohol to water is correct, and the ratio of lecithin to ascorbate is correct, that the strength (potency) could be variable. The alcohol taste would also be diluted, which for me would be preferable.

Could you comment on my thinking, and correct my understanding with whatever data that I am missing?

Thanks,
RAC

Corra221

Post by Corra221 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:44 pm

hello.
I did liposomal vit c based on your recipe,used 96 % spirit.
I have few questions.

1.When doing step 2 and blending mixture ,temperature never go so high that you stated (32).I have very powerful blender and after 8 min of blending temp reached only 29c.My question is if blending too long can damage the final encapsulation ?

2.when ultrasound machine removing bubbles from liquid at the end of that process I should remove bubbles from the top of liquid manually using a spoon or just leave it ?

3.When doing an hour ultrasound irridation I need to stirring or not ? if not the beaker should be be covered with clear plastic ?

4.Can I do the liposomal using only ultrasound machine without beaker?

the ready liposomal C has a light acidity taste ?

and last question.

5.How to check % of encapsulation of ready mixture.

thank you for your recipe its great and my mixture has nice little acidity taste.

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by Johnwen » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:40 pm

To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by Johnwen » Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:23 am

research!

OxC
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post by OxC » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:59 am

Johnwen wrote:Brooks Bradley's simple test to gauge efficiency of a liposomal Vitamin C solution:

The reason that Brooks Bradley almost immediately disclaimed the value of this test is because there are too many variables. I have attempted this process, but when you add a scoop of bicarb to your so-called "liposomal" vitamin C it doesn't dissolve or mix well. Rather, it just sits there in lump on top of said lipo-C with 1/8 inch of foam. If I covered the container with saran wrap, and mixed by inversion many times, it still had only 1/8th inch of foam. But if I took a physical rod made of plastic and mixed by crushing the lump of bicarb and stirring, suddenly a huge head of foam erupted in the container. If I continued to crush and stir, the head of foam increased hugely, ultimately flowing over the top of the vessel.
Please tell me how a layman is going to use this test to come to any rational conclusion as to the amount of "un-encapsulated" Vitamin C.
Douglas Q. Kitt, founder of ReCverin LLC, sellers of stabilized dehydroascorbic acid solutions.

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by Johnwen » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:45 am

research!

OxC
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post by OxC » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:31 pm

Douglas Q. Kitt, founder of ReCverin LLC, sellers of stabilized dehydroascorbic acid solutions.

tjohnson_nb
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post by tjohnson_nb » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:52 pm

Johnwen wrote: Thus, the less foam, the more Vit C is encapsulated and the more efficient went your process.

But I thought it was SA that was encapsulated in Lipo C? If so there shouldn't be any AA in the solution at all?
'Always' and 'never' are 2 words you should always remember never to use.

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by Johnwen » Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:38 pm

research!

OxC
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post by OxC » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:22 pm

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by Johnwen » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:51 pm

research!

ibhipru
Contributor
Contributor

On Smaller Batches Why Do I Need All That Alcohol?

Post by ibhipru » Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:22 pm

I made a batch of Chris' formula being very precise in the measurements. I too was flabbergasted at the amount of Vodka I had to use. My batch turned out quite thick even though I scaled back 20% on the lecithin. My question is this: I made a full quart using the formula. However, per the instructions, if you only want to make two cups, you divide the ingredients by 1.6. Makes sense, however, if I now only have two cups that will last (me) only 4 days, do i really need the preservative benefits of all that alcohol? Couldn't I cut the alcohol back even more?

ibhipru
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ibhipru » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:32 pm

The person who started this thread (Chris) has left a few unanswered questions and I have a few more as well. Is he still a member of this forum? His website does not accept any inquiries.

CeeCee101
Contributor
Contributor

Post by CeeCee101 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:21 pm

So happy to find this here!! I wanted to contact you through your websites, but couldn't, so here I am!

I want to make liposomal vit.C using your process. I already have ascorbic acid, vodka en lecithin granules. I have a few questions though:
-You say you don't have to use an ultrasound cleaner. But I think there's a reason it's often used, isn't it better with than without? Are the amount of liposomes formed the same, with and without ultrasound cleaner? And how do you take care of the bubbles when you don't have an ultrasound cleaner?
-You say you have to store it in the fridge, but what if you're away for the weekend or even travelling?
-Does it matter if you take it once or twice a day?
-How do you gauge your maximum and thus optimum dosage? As there is no bowel tolerance as a reference point. How do you know it when your needs change? Also, can you overdose on liposomal C?

Return to “Liposomal Vitamin C”