Liposomal and Bowel Tolerance

Discussion of the benefits and disadvantages of commercial and homemade (DIY) liposomal vitamin C

Moderator: ofonorow

JohnDoe
Contributor
Contributor

Liposomal and Bowel Tolerance

Post Number:#1  Post by JohnDoe » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:00 am

Will liposomal vit C count towards bowel tolerance?

If you get loose stools with 40 grams of AA, will you then also get loose stools with f.ex. (Liposomal vit C eqivivalent 10 gram AA) + (30 grams AA), or with (Liposomal vit C equivivalent to 20 grams) + (20 grams AA)?

OR

will the lip. vit C NOT count towards BT, and you will still need 40 grams of AA no matter how much lipo you take in addtion?

VitaminEnthusiast

Re: Liposomal and Bowel Tolerance

Post Number:#2  Post by VitaminEnthusiast » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:26 am

As far as I know, the absorption of the Liposomal C takes a different pathway so the amount you take doesn't count towards bowel tolerance.
I'm not an expert though, so we'll wait for someone else to confirm.

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#3  Post by pamojja » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:39 am

JohnDoe wrote:Will liposomal vit C count towards bowel tolerance?

If you get loose stools with 40 grams of AA, will you then also get loose stools with f.ex. (Liposomal vit C eqivivalent 10 gram AA) + (30 grams AA), or with (Liposomal vit C equivivalent to 20 grams) + (20 grams AA)?

OR

will the lip. vit C NOT count towards BT, and you will still need 40 grams of AA no matter how much lipo you take in addtion?

Good questions. Experimented years ago first with bowel-tolerance of regular AA, and then by adding in self-made liposomal. With AA alone daily bowel-tolerance was reached at 50g per day, while with liposomal-encapsulated I could tolerate somewhat higher. About 70 g a day, if I remember it right now. Which would mean liposomal increases bowel-tolerance somewhat, and if it would be additive, only somewhat.

However, there have been case-studies with further hinds, but because it tested only about 2 subjects comparing serum levels at different doses, but not by adding them up in one person, it doesn't again answer your question conclusively:

https://www.longecity.org/forum/topic/6 ... ntry632177

Even the highest dose tested in these case studies, 36g, caused similar plasma curves for both, liposomal and regular AA. And in this case for both subjects bowel-tolerance was exceeded.

With this high
dose, both subjects exceeded their bowel tolerance, leading to diarrhoea. This
intolerance presumably arose from the high intake of phospholipid, without food
buffering, in fasting individuals. However, our observations using hourly doses suggest
that daily intakes of this magnitude are tolerable without bowel effects, as long as the
dose is spread throughout the day.

So there is an individual bowel-tolerance for phospholipids, as there is for ascrobic acid. Since they are probably mediated by different mechanisms, probably only somewhat additive. As in my experience.

How much exactly in your case could only be known if you tested bowel-tolerance first for AA in yourself. Next with liposomes. Than in varying degrees of mixtures.

tjohnson_nb
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#4  Post by tjohnson_nb » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:38 am

Cathcart noticed that people on IVC had a higher BT while taking oral ascorbate simultaneously. I suppose this is because the concentration difference of ascorbate in the colon vs plasma was not so great so raised the threshold of osmosis between the two? Possibly this could happen with Lipo C as well.
'Always' and 'never' are 2 words you should always remember never to use.

C-can
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#5  Post by C-can » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:25 pm

I've been taking high doses of the livon liposomal today and yesterday, 17 grams each day, I have also taken about 10 grams of ascorbic acid during the same time periods, and I have loose stools. Prior to this I have taken as much as 20 grams of ascorbic acid spaced throughout the day with minimal bowel issues. It's just preliminary but it seems like the addition of the high doses of liposomal contributes to the loose stools somewhat. I don't have a problem with it myself, I feel better than ever and I'm doing the temporary liposomal as detoxification and as an experiment to see how I feel on such high doses of the most potent form of oral C available.

Dr. Levy in his book curing the incurable which I just finished has stated that the loose stool can be a good thing with cleaning out the gut and detoxifying it.

Kina
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#6  Post by Kina » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:56 am

In one afternoon I have dosed with 22gm LivOn Liposomal , along with 5gm AA tablet, along with 2gm DHAA
Which is apparently the equivalent of around 123gm IV C.
Taking the statement that Liposomal is between 5 and 10 times more effective than IV C, and is absorbed into cells at a higher percentage than IV C.

All was well - until I took the final three packets of Liposomal C - whereupon diarrhea took hold.

HOWEVER that was confounded by this starting after having dinner - which contained a large amount of added Duck fat (for the first time).
A mistake - Coconut oil, large quantities of fats oil in a sitting can cause nausea and diarrhea. Coconut oil in larger portions gives me nausea, so bought some Duck Fat (for Keto diet). So I am sure this was the cause.

I think that LivOn Liposomal Vitamin C should Not cause diarrhea as there is no free ascorbic acid in the bowel to cause an issue. Since the Liposomes are a fat they are not digested and ingested in the same way/paths as normal foods. And if you taste LivOn vitamin c it has no acidic taste whatsoever. I gather the only way Liposoal VC would cause bowel problems is if all the cells of the body were full of ascorbate - no free room.

I have also taken 50gm x 2+ of home made Liposomal VC over two days, without hardly any bowel issues.
Now if you apply the same logic / statement that Liposomal is 5 times the equivalent of IVC - that would then be 500gm IVC

These were all tests on my part.

bobn

Post Number:#7  Post by bobn » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:04 am

I just recently got hold of the LivOn Lypo-spheric C. It definitely sounded like the thing to have an hand with this damn coronavirus going around, I'm in 3 different risk groups for having a bad time if I catch it.

I know what is just below my bowel tolerance for ascorbic acid and/or sodium ascorbate. It seems that if I add 2 packets (2 gm) of the Livon on top of that, I get the runs pretty quickly.

I'm hoping that Livon hasn't changed there recipe. It certainly doesn't taste like Vitamin C, it's a very neutral taste.

I welcome any comments.

Return to “Liposomal Vitamin C”