I heard that IV/C will harm veins!?!

Physician Reference and discussion of the methods, protocols and effects of intravenous vitamin C (versus oral or liposomal).

Moderators: ofonorow, popnowlin

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

I heard that IV/C will harm veins!?!

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:04 am

Hi, Owen!

Thanks for the site and the info provided. I live in the UK, have fibromyalgia, am seeking to have my amalgams replaced safely, and undergo detox - possibly including iv vit c.

I have just heard from a supplement supplier involved with cancer patients that iv vit c causes damage to the veins.

A forum article with yourself and "M" indicated that Cathcarts formula did not.

Do you have any more info regarding safety for veins during iv vit c? Is Cathcarts formula safe in this regard?

My dentist uses Ringers lactate solution - is that ok?

I had never even considered that vit c might be harmful in this way!

Regards,

Philip

Hello Philip,

Thanks for asking "will IV/C harm veins."

Yes, it is true - if ascorbic acid is used IV, and maybe even buffered ascorbic acid from commercial vials. And there is a lot of misinformation out there, as peer-reviewed papers refer to the IV as "ascorbic acid."

The correct, safe and most effective IV/C is sodium ascorbate.

You and/or your doctor can prepare it. See Cathcart's lectures and paper from vitamincfoundation.org/ivc.

In the states, the same sodium ascorbate can be purchased from a compounding pharmacy. The one we use will not ship outside the country for legal reasons.

Please let the supplier/person who told you know, or point them to this post.

As far as fibromyalsia - good idea to get rid of mercury, and vitamin C will help, but you might read SAFE USES OF CORTISOL, William Mck Jefferies, (2004) because if that is the cause of your fibromyalsia (low cortisol from adrenal fatigue) then you will require cortisol supplementation, and no amount of Vitamin C will correct the deficiency.

I think Cathcart's writing mentions ringer's - he and Levy do not much like adding sugar (dextrose)

Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Intravenous Vitamin C (IV/C)”