IV/C for amyloidosis?

Physician Reference and discussion of the methods, protocols and effects of intravenous vitamin C (versus oral or liposomal).

Moderators: ofonorow, popnowlin

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

IV/C for amyloidosis?

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:25 pm

Hi Mr Fonorow,

got your email from Sally Jewel. My grandmother has amyloidosis, (sister disease to Multiple Myeloma). It's AL primary, systemic, with slight protein deposits on the heart, causing enlargement

The oral chemo drug they have her on has, for the most part, halted amyloid production. The doctors are concerned with the deposits on the heart

Another doctor mentioned that these deposits may well dissolve or be absorbed over time by the immune system, if amyloid production is halted. We are hopeful of that, but also wanting to be more proactive and have her try IV Vit C. Have read about high doses possibly helping to dissolve amyloid deposits

Could she receive IV Vit C at the clinic in western suburbs of Chicago?

thank you

Jeff

I am unfamiliar with amyloidosis and hope the MDs who read will comment .

I have read the wiki on amyloidosis - if similar to myeloma, I recently read a paper that suggested that myeloma (bone marrow cancer I thought) was caused by a vitamin B12 deficiency. Some people do not have intrinsic factor (substance required to absorb oral b12) as they age, so either injections or the B12 patch - see b12patch.com. The patches work and there is no known toxic dose of B12.

As far as IV/C - I can give you the number for appointments at the Chicago area clinic.

As far as amyloidosis - seems to be the production of proteins, which would obviously be harmful to the kidneys too.

Pauling had something like this and reduced his protein intake while increasing his water intake (to reduce the work the kidneys have to do.)

Hopefully others will have some ideas for you.

Owen
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: IV/C for amyloidosis?

Post Number:#2  Post by Johnwen » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:38 pm

All Amyloids use a common component to build their structure and probably has a familiar ring to everybody. It’s called sugar! Vitamin C and sugar do what at a cellular level?? Amyloids also release R.O.S ( Reactive Oxygen species) to cause cell death in the areas where they attach. Vitamin C does what to R.O.S???
Hope this helps in his decision to really help his sister.

I would be interested what type of amyloid she had and what her chemo comprised of??
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

Return to “Intravenous Vitamin C (IV/C)”