Help. Woman in ER/coma authorized IV/C in hospital

Physician Reference and discussion of the methods, protocols and effects of intravenous vitamin C (versus oral or liposomal).

Moderators: ofonorow, popnowlin

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Help. Woman in ER/coma authorized IV/C in hospital

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:48 am

Owen,

What do you recommend for my mother-in-law? She was rushed to the ER and is in a medical induced coma with failing kidneys (potentially due to a blockage) and double pneumonia. We've just cleared VitC treatment with the hospital and doctor will get IV vitamin C going. Getting clearance was helped along because my wife works for the hospital management company and is friends with the COO of the hospital where my mother in law is being treated. Otherwise I'm not sure how smooth getting VitC therapy would have gone. I recommended 50grams each day but it remains to be seen what is actually hung. I was thinking 25grams would be ok too but what is the lowest amount you'd recommend? How about recommended grams/hours? Also what else can they administer to help and is there an article or case study I can send them?

If she recovers this would be a huge WIN for Vitamin C and would try to get as much PR for this treatment as possible.

Thanks,
Mike

Very sorry to hear about your mother-in-law, and it is a minor miracle that vitamin C was approved. (Perhaps she is such dire shape, they don't mind the idea, thinking it will fail?)

I think it is important to augment the IV with 5 packets of livonLabs Lypo-C at one time - perhaps 6-12 hours apart from her IV. ASAP. I do not know how to administer this while she is in a coma, but be ready in case she comes out of it.

Part of the reason is that if the hospital uses the U. S. Pharmacopeia (USP) - they will buffer ascorbic acid, rather than start with sodium ascorbate. Lypo-C is miraculous, and can apparently overcome difficulties ordinary vitamin C may have entering her cells (say is she were a Type II diabetic).

I'll post this and docs familiar with IV/C may offer advice. I know eDOC at our forum routinely brings patients like this back to life. He includes IV glutathione. I'll look up his protocol and get back to you.

50 grams is probably a good target, but if they can give her 100 grams per day, all the better
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Help. Woman in ER/coma authorized IV/C in hospital

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:58 am

This is an old post from eDOC that may have been lost.. reposting.
Case Report
From the Vitamin C Foundation
Submitted by Owen R. Fonorow

Two patients’ one suffering from acute pancreatitis with multiple organ failure (Serum Amylase 550mg/dl & CRP 440mg/dl). The other patient with hep C stage 2.

Both treated only with Intravenous Vitamin C (IV/C) and Intravenous Glutathione, and both recovered & cured in 10 days.

Treatment Protocol

Acute Pancreatitis due to viral infection.

CRF raised serum creatinine, Pulmonary edema, Pleural effusion, Ascites, raised ALTs.

First 2 days: IV/Glutathione 2.8 gms twice daily.

The rest 8 days Glutathione 2.8 gms twice daily along with IV/C 80 gms twice daily.

Treatment Rationale

1. Glutathione for the effusions & ascites.........In my 7 years of using Glutathoine, I have found it the most effective agent for resolving Plumonary edema, Pleural effusions & Ascites.....in so many patients that have treated it disappears in 2-3 days of daily treatment with Glutathione.

2. IV/C for its antiviral & anti inflammatory effects. Dropping the amylase from 550 to 50 in 10 days.

3. NO diuretics or peritoneal tap or dialysis. (In answer to a question.. Lasix causes more harm than good, personally I am not in favor of using it..

4. Lastly Gluta multiplies the effect of IV/C dose.

Notes:

The person with Acute Pancreatitis wasn't my patient. He was admitted in another hospital & was on life support machines/therapy, age 80 plus comatose, with CRF, Pulmonary edema, Pleural effusion, raised ALTs.

The doctors had given up hope, when one of the family members called me to see him. I took permission from the treating physician to intervene since they planned to dialyze him the next day. I requested him to delay it for another 24 hours.

Initially in their hearts they were laughing & cynical about IV/C & Glutathione.

Believe me that after 36 hours the person started recovering & was shifted from the ICU to his room & in the next 10 days was discharged & walked out of the hospital on his own feet.

My question is that why are we so tunnel visioned & against IVC & orthomoleclular drugs? I am an MD myself but open to all options & treatment modalities.

Anonymous M.D.
Reported by Owen Fonorow
Vitamin C Foundation Forum
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Help. Woman in ER/coma authorized IV/C in hospital

Post Number:#3  Post by ofonorow » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:18 pm

Owen,

Thanks for information. Unfortunately they only went with 3grams/day treatment. The doctor discounted the recent Vitamin C/Pneumonia case from New Zealand as an outlier and a one time event...I think some doctors are so 'smart' they are dumb. They are become beholden to "The Standard of Care" and are deathly afraid of deviate from it one iota. I understand they need a regimen to follow but to intentionally inhibit the healing powers of the body, to work against the body, is not wise. The infectious disease doc I spoke with last night said he will not attribute my mother-in-laws recovery (he said IF she recovers) to vitamin C. Are we so blind as to not see that in partnership with the body medical doctors can change the IF to WHEN she recovers? In response I wrote this open letter to doctors to modify the standard of care:

Ideal Care: Doctors Partnering with the Patient’s Biological Systems
Drugs, antibiotics, monitoring devices, breathing apparatuses and other instruments are medical practitioner’s tools for healing. However the medical doctor isn't the only one working on the body. The body itself is also trying to heal, restore systems and fight for its own life. It has its own tools, different tools than the medical practitioner. I'd offer that a step forward in today's current medical care would be the doctor working in partnership with the human body as the body actually has better internal monitoring than our best diagnostic devices. Ideally the patient is best served when the doctor is equipped with the tools he needs to work and the body is equipped with the tools it needs to heal and both are allowed to do their job without interference. The tools of the body are different than the practitioner’s medical tools. The body uses things like Vitamin C, Potassium, Magnesium, Vitamin A, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Zinc and other vitamins and minerals which the body utilizes to mobilize life functions. These life functions are not 100% understood except without them none of us would remain alive for long. The built-in intelligence within the body’s own systems has access to pieces of diagnostic information we do not and is able to apply its own tools in such a way we do not totally understand but the result is for healing. Therefore the patient is best served by empowering those systems to also do their job. The current standard of care, for the most part, ignores the body’s internal healing mechanisms which are at work or at least attempting to work for the same goal as the medical practitioner. Patient care and outcomes would take a leap forward if doctors would partner with the intelligent systems of the human body and if both would be unfettered to work for the same goal.

I propose that the current standard of care be amended to empower the body’s innate healing ability. We know patient outcomes are improved with vitamins and minerals, especially Vitamin C, being administered at to every patient who is post-op, fighting infectious disease, with bed sores, or any other respiratory or pulmonary distress. Empowering the body’s critical healing mechanisms with vitamins and minerals makes sense and does not conflict with any drug or medicine in the standard of care. So together, empowering the body’s intelligent systems to promote healing and current standard of care, we’ll see better patient outcomes and faster recovery times.

I would like to hear from others as to what standard of care should vitamin C be administrated and for which conditions and include research so any doctor reading this posting will feel comfortable enough to implement the therapy.

Thanks,
Mike

My understanding, probably incomplete, is as long as doctor follow the "standard of care" they have legal protection, but if the deviate, the open themselves to all sorts of liability. (I wonder where these laws came from?).

It is a community standard is local and can be changed - would take a retired attorney or a millionaire - in each jurisdiction. Plus there has to be scientific studies, which medicine avoids, if the study could affect some economic incentive already in place, etc.

Levy has pinpointed the problem to the two standard medical textbooks - which ignored vitamin C when the science was fresh, and once the year passes and doesn't make it into the text, it never will.

In your mother-in-law's case, if she regains consciousness - try the 5 Lypo-C at one time, perhaps 2 or 3 times a day... And there is also Lypo-GSH that works miracles (if Livon has it in stock)
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Return to “Intravenous Vitamin C (IV/C)”