Help. Woman in ER/coma authorized IV/C in hospital

Physician Reference and discussion of the methods, protocols and effects of intravenous vitamin C (versus oral or liposomal).

Moderators: ofonorow, popnowlin

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Help. Woman in ER/coma authorized IV/C in hospital

Post by ofonorow » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:48 am

Owen,

What do you recommend for my mother-in-law? She was rushed to the ER and is in a medical induced coma with failing kidneys (potentially due to a blockage) and double pneumonia. We've just cleared VitC treatment with the hospital and doctor will get IV vitamin C going. Getting clearance was helped along because my wife works for the hospital management company and is friends with the COO of the hospital where my mother in law is being treated. Otherwise I'm not sure how smooth getting VitC therapy would have gone. I recommended 50grams each day but it remains to be seen what is actually hung. I was thinking 25grams would be ok too but what is the lowest amount you'd recommend? How about recommended grams/hours? Also what else can they administer to help and is there an article or case study I can send them?

If she recovers this would be a huge WIN for Vitamin C and would try to get as much PR for this treatment as possible.

Thanks,
Mike

Very sorry to hear about your mother-in-law, and it is a minor miracle that vitamin C was approved. (Perhaps she is such dire shape, they don't mind the idea, thinking it will fail?)

I think it is important to augment the IV with 5 packets of livonLabs Lypo-C at one time - perhaps 6-12 hours apart from her IV. ASAP. I do not know how to administer this while she is in a coma, but be ready in case she comes out of it.

Part of the reason is that if the hospital uses the U. S. Pharmacopeia (USP) - they will buffer ascorbic acid, rather than start with sodium ascorbate. Lypo-C is miraculous, and can apparently overcome difficulties ordinary vitamin C may have entering her cells (say is she were a Type II diabetic).

I'll post this and docs familiar with IV/C may offer advice. I know eDOC at our forum routinely brings patients like this back to life. He includes IV glutathione. I'll look up his protocol and get back to you.

50 grams is probably a good target, but if they can give her 100 grams per day, all the better
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Help. Woman in ER/coma authorized IV/C in hospital

Post by ofonorow » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:58 am

Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Help. Woman in ER/coma authorized IV/C in hospital

Post by ofonorow » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:18 pm

Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Return to “Intravenous Vitamin C (IV/C)”