MD looking for advice, wants to start doing some IV/Cs

Physician Reference and discussion of the methods, protocols and effects of intravenous vitamin C (versus oral or liposomal).

Moderators: ofonorow, popnowlin

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

MD looking for advice, wants to start doing some IV/Cs

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:26 pm

Hello,

I'm a functional medicine MD. I've been using lots of lipo C, and now wanted to start doing some IV C's.

Do you have any information on how I could start?

Where to buy? Compounding pharmacy, versus buy pharmacological grade vitamin C and make it my self in NS bags?
It would be nice to have someone's protocols and also suppliers that are reputable.

Finally, liposomal C's. Many of my patients have leaky guts, and the phosphatidyl choline derived from soy is problematic for many of my patients.

I even became intolerant of it myself. (lipo C from livon laboratory). My son must recently developed a sensitivity. Sunflower and Egg lecithin have similar problems.

Are there ways, or are people trying to make the lipo c's that are hypoallergenic?

Blessings,

Here is a video of a Catchart Lecture describing how to prepare sodium ascorbate for IV
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuRTLoQlSks

And here are his written instructions, updated with some informatin from Dr. Thomas Levy.
http://vitamincfoundation.org/pdfs/civprep.pdf

I sent you the name of a local compounding Pharmacy, but there are no doubt a good one near you that can produce sterile sodium ascorbate for IV. (Our local compounder charges $100 for 250 mg sodium ascorbate in 500 CC of sterile water, plus shipping.)

I also attached a "quality document" from LivonLabs which implies that their Lypo-C is not "derived from soy." I have sent an email asking for clarification.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Arrow
Contributor
Contributor

Re: MD looking for advice, wants to start doing some IV/Cs

Post Number:#2  Post by Arrow » Tue May 14, 2013 11:23 am

If Livon is not using soy what are they using?

Return to “Intravenous Vitamin C (IV/C)”