Query about IV materials

Physician Reference and discussion of the methods, protocols and effects of intravenous vitamin C (versus oral or liposomal).

Moderators: ofonorow, popnowlin

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Query about IV materials

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:40 am

On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 1:32 PM, Adam wrote:

The good folks at the Vitamin C Foundation thought you could help. I hope so. I work in Kuwait and will be coming to the West Coast of the US soon to pick up things I cannot get in Kuwait. I have pharmaceutical grade sodium ascorbate powder waiting for me. I need to order everything else needed for a vitamin C infusion in case of illness: virus, poison, etc. I can find a RN or NP to assist as needed.

(1) The Catheter. Do you recommend a 18 or 20 gauge catheter? Terumo has a Surshield safety catheter that reduces error. Do most all catheter have the same Luer hub so almost all IV administration kits connect properly?

(2) The IV Administration Kit. I understand it should have a filter. CIAmedical.com (Central Infusion Authority) has a IV delivery administration kit (MX448FMG) with 60 inches of small bore tubing, a one way check valve, a male luer lock, and a 2 micron filter. Does that sound like it will work with a standard catheter (?) although I am concerned about the small bore tubing. Am I better off with an emergency room IV administration kit, which I saw on amazon.com, which I assume has larger bore tubing for more rapid infusion.

(3) The IV Bag. I need something I can that store easily, and that I can fill with sodium ascorbate powder and distilled water (as per Dr. Cathcart's protocol). Is there a name for this type of bag? Do you recommend 500 ML or 1 L bags? If they come with fittings, are these usually compatible with most administration kits? Is there any material I should avoid, like PVC?

Time is of the essence. I need to get all this ordered and delivered to the West Coast or Nevada within two weeks. Thanks for any recommendations. I understand I am asking for your opinion and any decisions I make are my responsibility entirely, and that I hold you harmless regardless of consequences.

All I can do is post these questions. Dr. Levy and others recommend the micron filter when starting from a dry powder sodium ascorbate. There is also ivcinfusions.com. You might call and ask them. I can't believe it makes a difference - minor details. What you do have to keep in mind is that the first step is making the stock solution 50% sodium ascorbate and 50% sterile water. This is NOT injected. If you wanted a 50 gram IV - you would put 100 CC of the stock solution (50 g vitamin C) into a IV bag of sterile water. I know when I had over 100 grams IV - it required 2 IV bags.

Surprisingly - true liposomes seem to have a miraculous effect - I would bring a lot of Lypo-C, and Levy
recommends both IV/C and Lypo-C. 5 Packets at one time is at least as effective as a 25 g IV/C.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

eDOC
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Query about IV materials

Post Number:#2  Post by eDOC » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:53 pm

1. I have never used a filter in 8 yrs.

2. If its 40 gms or less use 500 mL of NS, if more than 1000 mL.

3. Use a 20/22 gauge cannula.

4. Add 30-50 mL of Calcium gluconate, according to VC dose.

5. When I get some time shall post/upload a video clip of how I make a 80 gms IVC with a pH of 8 in 10 mins.

@ Owen you have a VC Trust/org.....like my Trust Hospital.......why don't you make it a paid forums & a payment for starting a thread, monetize it.......OR your Trust makes ample from Livion Labs......most members would disagree to my suggestion.......just a query?

Mercola sells his products on his site?

Personally I feel I have better results than Levy, Gonzalez or Burzynski........not trying to sound arrogant but have some other skills too..........
Rookie, rusty, sub average doc but one that gives results!

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#3  Post by ofonorow » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:51 am

Thanks eDoc - I look forward to that youtube video!
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

eDOC
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#4  Post by eDOC » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:17 am

You are welcome Owen. I did make a video of 80 gms IVC, without using a so called filters & infused it in 35 mins. YouTube is blocked here. Shall try to redo & post pics. Owen it is worth experiencing each time I take it feel so rejuvenated fresh, heat flowing out of my soles, groins, shoulders can feel the dilated circulation, followed by 3gms of IV Gluta.

Hope to post pics soon & btw I can’t reply to your other thread with a YouTube link.

I fail to understand why do some ppl make it so complicated, it’s so damn simple in 10 mins made it with a pH around 7.8 & infused in 35 mins in 1000mL of NS.........

Btw my secretary Dr. Sears PMd the method to one of the members, wish someone taught me this yrs ago. I never use any filters or hot/cold bags, still get the correct ph & excellent clinical results. Wholesales VC, no high tech stuff, NS, IV tubing & 20 gauge……

eDOC
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#5  Post by eDOC » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:48 am

@ Owen hope you saw the pics, shall post a you tube, once am back in Orl.

randian

Post Number:#6  Post by randian » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:08 pm

80g in 35 minutes? Dang, that's impressive. Clinics around here talk about IVC taking hours, and they're talking about much lower doses.

eDOC
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#7  Post by eDOC » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:10 pm

Have taken 100gms in the same time but with that dose my sugar drops low, at times below 50 & have to take oral drinks & plenty water or shall get a severe headache both due to hypoglycemia & dehydration.

One of clinics around us does the same & for a dose as low as 60 gms charges $500 & takes around 2-3 hrs.

randian

Post Number:#8  Post by randian » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:29 pm

I see lots of that overcharging/excessive time around here too. Nobody I've called has any idea about solution pH or hypo risks either. Makes me think they're dangerous quacks. I think I'm going to have to go Lipo for a while instead, unless I can find a job in Orlando :D

eDOC
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#9  Post by eDOC » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:47 pm

Lipo is a good option to start with. But as they say it is 4/5X oral, might be correct theoretically, but when I tried it a yr back & after taking 6/7 sachets of Lipo didn't get that effect that I get with 60-80 gms of IV.

randian

Post Number:#10  Post by randian » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:01 pm

eDOC wrote:Lipo is a good option to start with. But as they say it is 4/5X oral, might be correct theoretically, but when I tried it a yr back & after taking 6/7 sachets of Lipo didn't get that effect that I get with 60-80 gms of IV.

I wouldn't expect it to, but I'm not willing to subject my body to the ministrations of the dangerously ignorant, especially when they charge beaucoup bucks. I figure a half measure is better than no measure.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#11  Post by ofonorow » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:12 am

eDOC wrote:Lipo is a good option to start with. But as they say it is 4/5X oral, might be correct theoretically, but when I tried it a yr back & after taking 6/7 sachets of Lipo didn't get that effect that I get with 60-80 gms of IV.

Edoc You mentioned that your blood sugar dropped too low after a rapid 100g IVC infusion. What else could cause that except insulin? It is not clear to me how much vitamin C can stimulate insulin production.

The claim is that 5 packets Lypo-C (or 5 grams sodium ascorbate) is clinically equivalent to a 25 gram IV, and maybe up to a 50 gram IV.
And this is miraculous given that the 25 gram IV goes straight into the blood stream. 5 grams Lypo apparently has a superior entry through the cell membrane, and maybe into the mitochondria.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

randian

Post Number:#12  Post by randian » Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:20 pm

ofonorow wrote:Edoc You mentioned that your blood sugar dropped too low after a rapid 100g IVC infusion. What else could cause that except insulin? It is not clear to me how much vitamin C can stimulate insulin production.

There's a youtube video (Cathcart?) where he mentions that IVC can cause hypoglycemia, but that VC is so much like glucose that you can run a patient at otherwise fatal glucose levels (< 30) indefinitely on IVC, so long as you gradually taper off the IVC. He mentions you should also have DX50 injections on hand in case of emergency.

eDOC
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#13  Post by eDOC » Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:44 pm

Edoc You mentioned that your blood sugar dropped too low after a rapid 100g IVC infusion. What else could cause that except insulin?

.......My usual random blood sugar is approx around 150 & this drop to around 50 after a running infusion of 80-100 gms in 1000 mL of NS is most likely due to dehydration apart from insulin.

It is not clear to me how much vitamin C can stimulate insulin production.

......4/5gms can stimulate insulin production.

VC is so much like glucose that you can run a patient at otherwise fatal glucose levels (< 30) indefinitely on IVC, so long as you gradually taper off the IVC. He mentions you should also have DX50 injections on hand in case of emergency….

…..That isn't correct, no need for tapering or indefinite hypoglycemia.

randian

Post Number:#14  Post by randian » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:14 pm

eDOC wrote:......4/5gms VC can stimulate insulin production.

How does that work for type 2 diabetes? Ordinarily, you don't want to stimulate insulin production, because hyperstimulation of insulin production, and concomitant beta cell death, is what made that person type 2 in the first place. Stressing what beta cells remain is bad for said cells which, unfortunately, even mildly elevated blood sugar levels do.
eDOC wrote:…..That isn't correct, no need for tapering or indefinite hypoglycemia.

He wasn't saying you needed indefinite hypoglycemia, only that it was paradoxically possible with large IVC infusions.

eDOC
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#15  Post by eDOC » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:28 am

Ordinarily, you don't want to stimulate insulin production.......... Who said that, all my patients with type 2 take VC oral or IV...... it’s like Sulfonylureas/ metformin.

it was paradoxically possible with large IVC infusions.......... He is wrong.

If yr lipids are good why do you need an anti hypertensive?

If you are suffering from Type 2 than why are you considering Lipo C?

You are suffering from Diabetic neuropathy too........ enough have other things to take care of, rather than ungrateful freebies.

Good luck!

Return to “Intravenous Vitamin C (IV/C)”