Question on IVCprep from ND in Peru

Physician Reference and discussion of the methods, protocols and effects of intravenous vitamin C (versus oral or liposomal).

Moderators: ofonorow, popnowlin

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Question on IVCprep from ND in Peru

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:33 am

This morning I called your Vitamin C Foundation(tel. 800-894-9025) and a was asked to contact you directly to your personal email.

My name is Cesar [delted] I am a naturopathic doctor practicing in Lima Peru.

I own a compounding pharmaceutical company here and we are working on a standardized Vitamin for mega doses through IV therapy.

Our first attempt was with:

two presentations:

Dosis No. 1 50ML X 15grams in 50 ML amber vial
15 grams of ascorbic Acid
50 ml of Sterile water for Injections (WFI)

Dosis No. 2 50ML X 7.5grams in 50 ML amber vial
7.5 grams of ascorbic Acid

Results:
Patient : Male 55years
Dosis Number 2 was diluted 250 ML sodium ringer

Treatment Protocol:
The patient's
vitamin C treatment protocol was 30 grams of
vitamin C in 250 mL of Ringer's Lactate given by
intravenous injection (40 drops per minute)

Patient did not tolerate the drip. was to painful. in pain scale of 1-10 (10 highest) patient complained of burning sensation and pain at 10. Treatment was discontinued and no attempt of Dosis 1 (50ML X 15 grams of Ascorbic Acid) was tried.

Doctor then attempted with a second patient but added 10% Sodium Bicarbonate but was still painful , Pain was now rated at 7-8.

Doctor then attempted with a same second patient but added 10% Sodium Bicarbonate and 1% procaine hydrochloride. The treatment was now well tolerated by the patient.

Both patients have tolerated IV therapy with competitors Vitamin C preparation.

Owen, after seeing your website last night, I conclude that we were burning the patient. I came in ant tested the Ph of Dosis No. 2 at 2.3

I concluded that he had to reformulate . Today I did the following:

100 ML of water ( WFI)
15 grams of ascorbic acid
6 grams of Sodium Bicarbonate

This product has a PH of 5.9 - 6

Do you think this new formulation would work or should we just stop using Ascorbic Acid and use what you recommend Sodium ascorbate.
If so would this formulation be the correct one.
100 ML of water (WFI)
15 grams of Sodium ascorbate
to produce 2 vials of 50ML with 7.5grams of Vitamin C

Or would I have to add a buffer to reduce ph.

Please help us.

Best regards,
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Question on IVCprep from ND in Peru

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:50 am

The "safe" pH for intravenous vitamin C is 7.3.
Use sterile water and sodium ascorbate.
While the USP prescribes buffering ascorbic acid, Dr. Robert Cathcart (and thus we) never recommend ascorbic acid IV, and recommend preparing the IV stock solution with sodium ascorbate - 50/50 (50% sterile water) - per these instructions: http://vitamincfoundation.org/pdfs/civprep.pdf

You can also visit youtube.com and search for "Robert Cathcart Vitamin C" and find the "IVC preparation video of his lecture." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuRTLoQlSks

Now an invention has come from a Vitamin C Foundation technical advisor (medical doctor) who wants to remain nameless.

Instead of putting fluid in the 50 ML vial - in which the vitamin C begins to degrade right away - he puts 25 or 30 mg/cc of sodium ascorbate powder in the sterile vial.

Right before the IV, the 25 ML of sterile water is added to the vial by needle - again, just prior to administration into an IV bag.

This is ingenious, because the vitamin C (sodium ascorbate) does not break down, as it would in water. Many doctors having learned about this technique, order the sterile powdered sodium ascorbate vials from him, etc.

Now, if you decide to produce powdered sodium ascorbate vials, and there is some way to export to the USA, we would be interested in either carrying them - or directing business your way.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

davids1
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#3  Post by davids1 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:16 pm

ofonorow wrote:
Dosis No. 1 50ML X 15grams in 50 ML amber vial
15 grams of ascorbic Acid

Dosis No. 2 50ML X 7.5grams in 50 ML amber vial
7.5 grams of ascorbic Acid

It is hard to believe anyone [let alone a doctor] would inject an acidic solution directly into a person's bloodstream!

"Burn" indeed!

Then again, I have often wondered how the animals deliver ascorbic acid [pure = pH 2.4] into their bloodstreams.
JFYI, I have ingested a Bowel Tolerance dose of ascorbic acid [via one gram tablets], in HEALTH, not illness [of which I have had virtually none], basically every day since 1994, amounting to [currently], on average, 75+ grams [daily], in 10 to 15 divided doses.

rmfurr

Post Number:#4  Post by rmfurr » Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:42 am

Anyone know how to contact this doctor or another in PERU? I am trying to find support in getting weekly vitamin C IV's while on an extended trip to peru.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#5  Post by ofonorow » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:07 am

bump
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Return to “Intravenous Vitamin C (IV/C)”