Cathcart's Sodium Acorbate (Quali-C) Amazing. but..

Physician Reference and discussion of the methods, protocols and effects of intravenous vitamin C (versus oral or liposomal).

Moderators: ofonorow, popnowlin

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Cathcart's Sodium Acorbate (Quali-C) Amazing. but..

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:09 am

Hi, Owen.
Hope your are well.

Your sodium ascorbate vitamin C, Cathcart formulation is amazing. Again, I was shocked at how superior it was compared to the other vitamin C powder I was using. Patients noticed it, I noticed it, . . pretty incredible.

BUT: The second shipment of the 250 gram containers of cathcart formulation is yellow. The first shipment were white.

I am not liking the color difference. How can I know if this isn't DHA? Oxidized vitamin C?

I hope you can get the manufacturers to minimize the various color changes. .
Do you have any studies of the yellow product indicating that its just a color change from dehydration versus it being oxidized? Personal experience? Other provider experience with the yellow form?

Blessings,

DSM's sodium ascorbate spec sheet for Quali-C says that it can be either off white or pale yellow, both are acceptable and expected colors for sodium ascorbate.

I have seen powders apparently turn more yellow over time, perhaps due to the moisture inside the canister.

We noticed that sodium ascorbate in sterile water always turns the solution yellow, unlike the commercial Bioniche buffered ascorbic acid which stays clear - and we don't know why.

Cathcart speculated that the yellow color was the Dehydroascorbate, and we know that this partially oxidized form (DHA) has anti-viral properties of its own.

Cathcart's nurses would keep his solutions clear after mixing by leaving the sodium ascorbate as a "sludge" at the bottom, only shaking just prior to IV administration.

We are interested in your experience. What other brands? Where you using sodium ascorbate, as these IVs seem to be substantially more powerful than the standard "buffered ascorbic acid" commercial products. If you are using other sodium ascorbate, we wonder how it is different that your patients can detect?

An Internet author claims that most Chinese vitamin C is a mixture of D- and L- ascorbate, while only the L- form cures scurvy. Quali-C is over 98% L-ascorbate and perhaps this might explain the difference?
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Intravenous Vitamin C (IV/C)”