PH level for Intravenous vitamin C

Physician Reference and discussion of the methods, protocols and effects of intravenous vitamin C (versus oral or liposomal).

Moderators: ofonorow, popnowlin

nick0

PH level for Intravenous vitamin C

Post Number:#1  Post by nick0 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:15 pm

We did a lower dose vitamin C IV as suggested from a member of this forum as it was our first IVC on our own. We did a 50g mix in 50ml of sterile water, when we mixed the 50g of Sodium ascorbate in 50ML of Steril water the ph was above 8. I had to add another 100ml of water to get the ph below 8. Is there anything else that we can use besides diluting the mix? Is there anyone else mixing their own IVC using Sodium ascorbate fine crystals and Sterile water (not using compounding pharma product) that could give us some information on this. I saw a guy use 10cc of Magnesium Chloride with a 150g of Sodium ascorbate (Mcguff Sodium ascorbate ) in 500cc IV. He said the Magnesium Chloride was used to make the IV easier on the veins. Could he be using this to help lower PH. I have tried to locate a 200ml of Magnesium Chloride but cant find it with out prescription. Any help is appreciated
Thank you

OxC
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Re: PH level for Intravenous vitamin C

Post Number:#2  Post by OxC » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:31 pm

I'm not doing IVC, but I do have a lot of familiarity with vitamin C solutions. If you're attempting to adjust the pH to physiological, I would guess that a very small amount of ascorbic acid will lower the pH that much. Just guessing here, but I would add it in increments of about 100 mg.
Douglas Q. Kitt, founder of ReCverin LLC, sellers of stabilized dehydroascorbic acid solutions.

nick0

Post Number:#3  Post by nick0 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:23 pm

thanks for the reply
I will try your suggestion and add Sodium ascorbate and test again

nick0

Post Number:#4  Post by nick0 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:31 pm

Is there a PH meter you would recommend on testing the ph. I need to get another mine stopped working. I also had to calibrate it before every use.
Thanks

OxC
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#5  Post by OxC » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:02 pm

nick0 wrote:thanks for the reply
I will try your suggestion and add Sodium ascorbate and test again

Just to be clear, I'm suggesting adding ascorbic acid, not more sodium ascorbate.
Douglas Q. Kitt, founder of ReCverin LLC, sellers of stabilized dehydroascorbic acid solutions.

nick0

Post Number:#6  Post by nick0 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:50 am

ok,
I did misunderstand. So you can mix Sodium ascorbate and ascorbic acid together? is there anyone that has done this with IVC?

eDOC
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#7  Post by eDOC » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:49 pm

nick0 wrote:We did a lower dose vitamin C IV as suggested from a member of this forum as it was our first IVC on our own. We did a 50g mix in 50ml of sterile water, when we mixed the 50g of Sodium ascorbate in 50ML of Steril water the ph was above 8. I had to add another 100ml of water to get the ph below 8. Is there anything else that we can use besides diluting the mix? Is there anyone else mixing their own IVC using Sodium ascorbate fine crystals and Sterile water (not using compounding pharma product) that could give us some information on this. I saw a guy use 10cc of Magnesium Chloride with a 150g of Sodium ascorbate (Mcguff Sodium ascorbate ) in 500cc IV. He said the Magnesium Chloride was used to make the IV easier on the veins. Could he be using this to help lower PH. I have tried to locate a 200ml of Magnesium Chloride but cant find it with out prescription. Any help is appreciated
Thank you

You are keeping the w/v too high no wonder are facing pH issues. Keep it simple approx btw 0.05- 0.1 that way you would never even have to worry to check the pH. Have made thousands never went wrong or needed to add, to decrease or increase pH.

Hope this helps.

Good luck and Best regards!
Rookie, rusty, sub average doc but one that gives results!

Return to “Intravenous Vitamin C (IV/C)”