Is IV/C Really That Easy?

Physician Reference and discussion of the methods, protocols and effects of intravenous vitamin C (versus oral or liposomal).

Moderators: ofonorow, popnowlin

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Is IV/C Really That Easy?

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:30 am

Hi.

I recently came across your site and find it fascinating. I suffer from a number of chronic infections and have received some vitamin c ivs in the past which certainly helped me.

What I really want to try is mixing up a cathcart style vitamin c iv at home. I have read through all the instructions and what is really worrying me is how simple it is. Basically mixing sodium ascorbate with water for injection in roughly equal quantities in a sterile environment and then mixing with saline iv solution. Am I missing something or is it really this easy?

What I am really worried about is the sodium ascorbate I use. Is the right one to use the one you approve on your website (ie Cathcart's Sodium Ascorbate Vitamin C)? I noticed that 1g of that powder contains both sodium ascorbate as well as pure sodium (around 100mg). Is that a problem (ie the pure sodium) or is that just the way it comes in order to buffer it?

Regarding feedback, I have seen the vidoes on your site of Dr cathcart describing how to mix the iv. But what I think would be really valuable is a video of someone actually doing it ie mixing up from scratch as well as administering say a 50g cathcart iv.

Also while I have you on email I would like to ask, assuming I do a 50g cathcart iv daily, how many days in a row can I take one before it's basically too much?

Thanks for the very informative site.

Regards,

Mike

First answer
Robert, the non-expert replying... but I know a bit and forwarded this to Owen, the actual expert, and he'll likely add something if he sees the need.

We are wary about speaking of IV vit c because we are not doctors, etc., ... but I'll bite.

The one difference with the protocol online is we found that one may probably use sterile water to mix with the SA (sodium ascorbate) instead of a saline mix (Ringer's solution) as too much sodium can cause an imbalance and problems... otherwise, it is pretty much that easy and Dr Cathcart thought it should be self sterilizing ... although we recommend having a pro around in some capacity just in case, as you are putting stuff directly into your veins and we don't want to cause any harm!

If someone is seriously compromised, they should start the drip slowly to see the body's reaction, as "herxheimer" reactions are known to occur at times... heck, it's likely a good idea to be cautious and start slowly, anyway.

Otherwise... yep, pretty much as described online... though I would also recommend paying a bit extra for the equipment, and making sure the supplier is reputable as I remember a couple ladies who poisoned themselves using cut rate IV bags from Iraq.. .though they took more pure v-c and were fine in the end.

Regards!

Clarifying answer

The sodium from sodium ascorbate is listed separately on the label, but there is no extra/added sodium - only sodium ascorbate powder in our Quali-C sodium ascorbate.

And as Robert pointed out, there is enough sodium in sodium ascorbate to keep the solution suitable for IV - so we recommend sterile water (not saline).

And the microfilter is a good idea, cheap, and can prevent a lot of contaminants from entering the IV. Our doc pushes it through a syringe with the microfiler attached after he mixes, and he mixes from powder for each IV.

Finally, if I had infection, better than IV is our True-Liposomal (China-Free) Vitamin C product. No needles and while we don't completely understand the miraculous effects, it seems to work wonders against most infections. The protocol is something like 6 grams (servings), rest 3 hours, (another 3 grams), rest and another 3 grams - and the infections are usually over.

Purchase - https://inteligentvitaminc.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=20&products_id=29

Product Page - http://www.vitamincfoundation.org/lipo.php
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Pianist
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Is IV/C Really That Easy?

Post Number:#2  Post by Pianist » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:34 am

What microfilter size should be used? 0.22 micron? 0.4 micron? 1 micron? As far as I know only 0.22 micron filters both bacteria and viruses. Is it big enough for home-prepared Sodium Ascorbate to pass through?

jimmylesante
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#3  Post by jimmylesante » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:52 am

Anyone on the microfilter query above. I'm also interested

Isa

Post Number:#4  Post by Isa » Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:13 pm

Hi all. I'm from India. My wife and I have been taking oral vitamin c but my wife has been diagnosed with epilepsy and and she is also on the autistic spectrum. She is on Lamotrigin 250mg and she is also on estradiol. We noticed that her liver is not using all the vitamins she has been taking. She had jaundice few years back and after that her liver can't handle too much load. I was thinking of giving her cathart's IV C with sodium ascorbate. I have a sodium ascorbate crystal powder by NOW with me. Is this a good C crystal powder? Could some one tell me how to mix them please? because we have only plastic IV bags here glass IV bottles are replaced by plastic bags in our country. Is there anything else I need to be careful when I start IV C? Any other suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

musashie
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#5  Post by musashie » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:02 am

Hi Owen, or Anyone else with info.

I feel like i have stumbled upon a little pot of gold re this thread. I am a big believer in giving people the practical knowledge to 'do it themselves' if they so wish. While many of the topics on this forum are discussion based but light on the straightforward practical info on how to accomplish for yourself. I may not have been looking correctly but that is my experience. So to come upon this thread was.. well.. quite surprising.

I have a couple of Q if I may. I have administered IM injections of commercial SA for IV. The Pascorbin brand.A German made product. However from a practical point the most I can administer, in one shot, before becoming too uncomfortable is 3.5ml @ 150mg SA/ml. I have a couple of Q. I have being using the Nutribiotic Powder for some time now. Any opinions on using their SA for IV?. I assume commercial IV brands use a lower buffering solution than the powders sold for oral purposes. Regarding using sterile water instead of saline mix am i correct in saying, using the stated measurements, it is basically fill IV bag/bottle with SA and add sterile water if for use within a day.? And finally the Livon lyposomal would that be equal to the brand sold by this site? It is expensive..ish. Have been trying the california Gold lyposomal with sunflower lecitihin as of late.

All info/response/replies greatly appreciated - If this thread is still been reviewed.

C-can
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#6  Post by C-can » Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:10 pm

Isa wrote:Hi all. I'm from India. My wife and I have been taking oral vitamin c but my wife has been diagnosed with epilepsy and and she is also on the autistic spectrum. She is on Lamotrigin 250mg and she is also on estradiol. We noticed that her liver is not using all the vitamins she has been taking. She had jaundice few years back and after that her liver can't handle too much load. I was thinking of giving her cathart's IV C with sodium ascorbate. I have a sodium ascorbate crystal powder by NOW with me. Is this a good C crystal powder? Could some one tell me how to mix them please? because we have only plastic IV bags here glass IV bottles are replaced by plastic bags in our country. Is there anything else I need to be careful when I start IV C? Any other suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

I'm currently reading Orthomolecular therapy for everyone by doctor Andrew Saul and doctor Abram Hoffer. There is a chapter where they talk about using vitamin B3 niacin As well as a multi vitamin cocktail for epilepsy with good results.

musashie
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#7  Post by musashie » Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:23 am

Regarding my earlier post. It is ,admittedly, a bit diverse in content that is due to there being so many topics/posts similar in nature and spread over many years which can often lead to no reply or being advised to move topic to different section. Minefield. So I said I would take a punt, chance my arm, roll the dice, and lump them together. Practical useable advice/info IS a 'gold standard'.

musashie
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#8  Post by musashie » Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:27 am

C-can wrote:
Isa wrote:Hi all. I'm from India. My wife and I have been taking oral vitamin c but my wife has been diagnosed with epilepsy and and she is also on the autistic spectrum. She is on Lamotrigin 250mg and she is also on estradiol. We noticed that her liver is not using all the vitamins she has been taking. She had jaundice few years back and after that her liver can't handle too much load. I was thinking of giving her cathart's IV C with sodium ascorbate. I have a sodium ascorbate crystal powder by NOW with me. Is this a good C crystal powder? Could some one tell me how to mix them please? because we have only plastic IV bags here glass IV bottles are replaced by plastic bags in our country. Is there anything else I need to be careful when I start IV C? Any other suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

I'm currently reading Orthomolecular therapy for everyone by doctor Andrew Saul and doctor Abram Hoffer. There is a chapter where they talk about using vitamin B3 niacin As well as a multi vitamin cocktail for epilepsy with good results.

If you are planning on IV/C over hours or even 1-3 days a butterfly/winged needle set is generally considered an easier method for inserting a cannula.
Leaving the needle in place for any longer than that a catheter is preferred.

Regarding IV/C bags or bottles I am having a difficult time sourcing either.

musashie
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#9  Post by musashie » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:58 am

jimmylesante wrote:Anyone on the microfilter query above. I'm also interested

I have the same query... Anyone??

musashie
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#10  Post by musashie » Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:23 am

ofonorow wrote:
Hi.

I recently came across your site and find it fascinating. I suffer from a number of chronic infections and have received some vitamin c ivs in the past which certainly helped me.

What I really want to try is mixing up a cathcart style vitamin c iv at home. I have read through all the instructions and what is really worrying me is how simple it is. Basically mixing sodium ascorbate with water for injection in roughly equal quantities in a sterile environment and then mixing with saline iv solution. Am I missing something or is it really this easy?

What I am really worried about is the sodium ascorbate I use. Is the right one to use the one you approve on your website (ie Cathcart's Sodium Ascorbate Vitamin C)? I noticed that 1g of that powder contains both sodium ascorbate as well as pure sodium (around 100mg). Is that a problem (ie the pure sodium) or is that just the way it comes in order to buffer it?

Regarding feedback, I have seen the vidoes on your site of Dr cathcart describing how to mix the iv. But what I think would be really valuable is a video of someone actually doing it ie mixing up from scratch as well as administering say a 50g cathcart iv.

Also while I have you on email I would like to ask, assuming I do a 50g cathcart iv daily, how many days in a row can I take one before it's basically too much?

Thanks for the very informative site.

Regards,

Mike

First answer
Robert, the non-expert replying... but I know a bit and forwarded this to Owen, the actual expert, and he'll likely add something if he sees the need.

We are wary about speaking of IV vit c because we are not doctors, etc., ... but I'll bite.

The one difference with the protocol online is we found that one may probably use sterile water to mix with the SA (sodium ascorbate) instead of a saline mix (Ringer's solution) as too much sodium can cause an imbalance and problems... otherwise, it is pretty much that easy and Dr Cathcart thought it should be self sterilizing ... although we recommend having a pro around in some capacity just in case, as you are putting stuff directly into your veins and we don't want to cause any harm!

If someone is seriously compromised, they should start the drip slowly to see the body's reaction, as "herxheimer" reactions are known to occur at times... heck, it's likely a good idea to be cautious and start slowly, anyway.

Otherwise... yep, pretty much as described online... though I would also recommend paying a bit extra for the equipment, and making sure the supplier is reputable as I remember a couple ladies who poisoned themselves using cut rate IV bags from Iraq.. .though they took more pure v-c and were fine in the end.

Regards!

Clarifying answer

The sodium from sodium ascorbate is listed separately on the label, but there is no extra/added sodium - only sodium ascorbate powder in our Quali-C sodium ascorbate.

And as Robert pointed out, there is enough sodium in sodium ascorbate to keep the solution suitable for IV - so we recommend sterile water (not saline).

And the microfilter is a good idea, cheap, and can prevent a lot of contaminants from entering the IV. Our doc pushes it through a syringe with the microfiler attached after he mixes, and he mixes from powder for each IV.

Finally, if I had infection, better than IV is our True-Liposomal (China-Free) Vitamin C product. No needles and while we don't completely understand the miraculous effects, it seems to work wonders against most infections. The protocol is something like 6 grams (servings), rest 3 hours, (another 3 grams), rest and another 3 grams - and the infections are usually over.

Purchase - https://inteligentvitaminc.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=20&products_id=29

Product Page - http://www.vitamincfoundation.org/lipo.php

Interesting article on the use/need for filters during infusions

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/277021079_When_is_solution_filtration_necessary

Return to “Intravenous Vitamin C (IV/C)”