actually making your own vit c for iv at home

Physician Reference and discussion of the methods, protocols and effects of intravenous vitamin C (versus oral or liposomal).

Moderators: ofonorow, popnowlin

norvern
Contributor
Contributor

actually making your own vit c for iv at home

Post Number:#1  Post by norvern » Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:02 pm

excuse me
this a dumb question,
but i have looked all over on here and found

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zgi-7xPrCAg&t=6s
cathcarts, which talks about, but doesnt show/demonstrate the how to

same with jon barnetts though he does show a little at end but with ready made bottles x 3 at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgRoR1-qw8Y

talk by, but no demo, by riordan https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTW9x91RWnY&t=15s

lots of Liposomal Vitamin C: Why And How To Make It
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yVCvf-VT7A

but i am a newbie,, liposomal is oral vit c, yes?
is that made with the same method/type/ingredients as iv vit c?

do you need the sonic bath to make iv vit c?

so many questions... help p[ease

i have picked up some bits below and posted that might help someone,
but please where is the how to video demonstration link on here??

Preparation of Sodium Ascorbate (non acidic vitamin C) for IV and IM

1: The Stock Bottle of Sodium Ascorbate – 50% ascorbate Sterilize a 500 cc IV bottle along with a funnel, the rubber stopper, and a spoon. millipore filter. a millipore filter IV line

Then fill the bottle to the 300 cc line with sodium ascorbate fine crystals.
(I weighed the sodium ascorbate out one time and 250 gm came up to the 300 cc line.)

If Storing the Solution: Then add 1/3 of the 20 ml bottle (6.6 cc) of edetate disodium (EDTA) for injection, USP 150 mg/ml. (The EDTA acts as a preservative to prevent vitamin C degradation.). If using in the next day or two, this step would not be necessary.)

Then add water for injection q.s. 500 cc. It turns out that sodium ascorbate is soluble to almost exactly a 50% concentration at room temperature. The pH of this has always turned out to be 7.4.

An alternative would be to use a millipore filter IV line with each administration to the patient.

leave the sodium ascorbate as a sludge at the bottom until you are ready to use.

Shake up the bottle just before infusions.
(If there is 1 mm of crystals left on the bottom, add 1 mm of water to the top.)

If possible, use powder rather than crystals. Mixes much more quickly.

Step 2: Preparation of the IV Bottle I recommend that the above stock bottle solution be added to sterile water for injection such that 30 Gms (60 cc) to 60 Gms (120 cc) is added to a quantity of sterile water sufficient to make 500 cc of the final solution to be injected IV.

Wycoff Wellness Center and a specific treatment protocol is recommended. A typical protocol would include vitamin C and various other antioxidants and nutrients administered as follows:
Week 1: 15 grams vitamin C + antioxidants/nutrients per day, 2-3 per week
Week 2: 30 grams vitamin C + antioxidants/nutrients per day, 2-3 per week
Week 3: 60 grams vitamin C + antioxidants/nutrients per day, 2-3 per week
Weeks 4-8: 60 to 100 grams vitamin C + antioxidants/nutrients per day, 2 per week
Ongoing: 60 to 100 grams vitamin C + antioxidants/nutrients per day, 1 per week
On days when they are not receiving IV infusions patients are encouraged to take oral ascorbic acid (vitamin C) at a dose of 4 to 10 grams (4,000 to 10,000 mg) per day.

I recommend you taking up to 40g (no more) sodium ascorbate in 500 ml infusion say 10 to 12 hours apart,

You can have a continuous drip but anything above 60 gram sodium ascorbate, one need to add 10 cc calcium gluconate into the subsequent 60 g drip because of risk of hypocalcaemia. This is what you need to remember, anything more than 60g,need to add calcium gluconate, Dr Klenner protocol.

Over the years, I found in my practice, I need to give one 30g and maximum another 30g drip in the evening and for one or two days, 90% patients do well in the febrile patients from what ever cause with oral dose of 2 to 3 grams every 4 to 6 hours or bowel tolerance,etc,

e heard ZRT labs is an excellent laboratory and may even have taken their saliva hormone tests.http://www.zrtlab.com/patients-standard-tests/saliva (And I noticed you can order the test directly through Amazon http://www.amazon.com/AM-Cortisol-Hormo ... B004BT8FGC

a home uric acid testing kit from Amazon, and when tumors break down, their DNA is converted to uric acid, so by monitoring uric acid daily, you would have an idea whether the therapy is working (killing the tumors) and thus where you should back off/slow down the therapy, until uric acid levels return to normal.

research and experience has shown that a therapeutic goal of reaching a peak-plasma concentration of ~20 mM (350- 400 mg/dL) is most efficacious. (No increased toxicity for post IVC plasma vitamin C levels up to 780 mg/dL has been observed.)
The first post IVC plasma level following the 15 gram IVC has been shown to be clinically instructive: levels below 100 mg/dL correlate with higher levels of existent oxidative stress, presumably from higher tumor burden, chemo/radiation damage, hidden infection, or other oxidative insult, such as smoking.
Following the first three IVCs, the patient can be scheduled to continue either a 25 or 50 gram IVC dose (doctor’s discretion) twice a week until the post IVC plasma level results are available from the lab. If the initial 50 gram post IVC level did not reach the therapeutic range of 350 – 400 mg/dL, another post IVC vitamin C level should be obtained after the next scheduled 50 gram IVC. If the therapeutic range is achieved, the patient is continued on a 50 gram twice a week IVC schedule with monthly post IVC determinations to assure continued efficacy. If the therapeutic range is still not achieved, the IVC dosage is increased to 75 grams of vitamin C per infusion for four infusions, at which time a subsequent post IVC plasma level is obtained. If the patient remains in a sub-therapeutic range, the IVC dosage is increased to the 100 gram level.

Technique
4. Have the patient relax and support his arm below the vein to be used.
5. Apply tourniquet and look for a suitable vein.
6. Wait for the vein to swell.
7. Disinfect skin.
8. Stabilize the vein by pulling the skin taut in the longitudinal direction of the vein. Do this with the hand you are not going to use for inserting the needle.
9. Insert the needle at an angle of around 35 degrees.
10. Puncture the skin and move the needle slightly into the vein (3-5 mm).
11. Hold the syringe and needle steady.
12. Aspirate. If blood appears hold the syringe steady, you are in the vein. If it does not come, try again.
13. Loosen tourniquet.
14. Inject (very) slowly. Check for pain, swelling, hematoma; if in doubt whether you are still in the vein aspirate again!
15. Withdraw needle swiftly. Press sterile cotton wool onto the opening. Secure with adhesive tape.

norvern
Contributor
Contributor

Re: actually making your own vit c for iv at home

Post Number:#2  Post by norvern » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:55 pm

i have to say, i find this all a little strange
this thread is
Intravenous Vitamin C (IV/C)

but i have found this very same question on here, and other forums, unanswered, as to how you actually make it,

instead there is the video from 1981, and written instructions from a long time ago

things have changed, but i cannot find anywhere, after a whole heap of googling, that has a video or up to date instructions about adding this or that and using a sonic

as i say, i find it strange on a long Intravenous Vitamin C (IV/C) thread
if it is on here, please, please can you tell me where?

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#3  Post by ofonorow » Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:17 am

If you cannot put it together from Cathcart's video on making the stock solution, then it is probably best that you don't try making your own, or try doing an intravenous vitamin C at home.

And yes, for some applications, e.g. infection, a True-liposomal vitamin C is empirically (clinically) more effective and obviously much easier. For cancer, it is unknown whether even high dose liposomal can replace the known anti-cancer effects of IV/C.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

norvern
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#4  Post by norvern » Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:15 pm

ty ofonorow
my question was

'but please where is the how to video demonstration here??'

yes i can put it together
and i am doing it at home

but cathcarts video is a lecture with black and white shaky instructions
not a demonstration of actually doing it

i find it seriously weird no one has made one for youtube or elsewhere

but if they haven't, they haven't
all best

norvern
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#5  Post by norvern » Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:08 pm

any video demonstrations around?

norvern
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#6  Post by norvern » Sun May 10, 2020 2:40 pm

nearly a 1,000 views on here

and i bet some of you are looking for how you actually make iv vit c at home

sorry to disappoint you, but it seems there isn't much info, other than that from a long time since,
if anyone has anything more up to date, please post here
ty

Return to “Intravenous Vitamin C (IV/C)”