need help with vein irritation please, calcium, magnesium and potassium chloride

Physician Reference and discussion of the methods, protocols and effects of intravenous vitamin C (versus oral or liposomal).

Moderators: ofonorow, popnowlin

norvern
Contributor
Contributor

need help with vein irritation please, calcium, magnesium and potassium chloride

Post Number:#1  Post by norvern » Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:25 pm

The protocol suggests adding magnesium to reduce the incidence of vein irritation and spasm.

Many dosing protocols combine high-dose IVC with calcium chloride, magnesium chloride, and potassium chloride to offset these shifts

having a problem doing iv vit c to my wife with stage 4 cancer

if we try to do 50 in 2 hours, as they say, it hurts too much

so we have to slow it down to 4 hours, which is too much

to get, calcium chloride, magnesium chloride, and potassium chloride we need a prescription or pay outrageous money

does anyone know somewhere i get them at a reasonable price?

help please

jimmylesante
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Re: need help with vein irritation please, calcium, magnesium and potassium chloride

Post Number:#2  Post by jimmylesante » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:41 pm

What are you using at the moment?
Is the C mixed in to a 500ml bag or 1litre?
If you sticking 50g in a 250ml bag it's gonna sting!

Also perhaps try mix it with ringers lactate/Hartmanns Solution which is like Normal Saline but also has electrolytes such as potassium and calcium chloride in.

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: need help with vein irritation please, calcium, magnesium and potassium chloride

Post Number:#3  Post by pamojja » Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:24 am

https://www.patienteninfo-service.de/a- ... onzentrat/

This is the packet insert of the magnesium I use for Mg-IVs. Use https://www.deepl.com/translator for an accurate translatiion to English. 1 packet with 5 ampoules costs only ~17,- EUR incl. import-tax ordered through a local pharmacy (Austria) from Germany. It is prescription free. And should also be available from German online pharmacies (with which I have no experience with).

norvern
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#4  Post by norvern » Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:44 pm

thank you very much jimmy and pam,

yes, it is a 500ml bag, with 50g vit c in,

as far as ringers, i am not sure when ringers is made up from NaCl (sodium chloride), NaC3H5O3 (sodium lactate), CaCl2 (calcium chloride), and
KCl (potassium chloride)
that, at the same time,
Magnesium chloride is added to the solutions of 25 grams or higher

so, dont i need the the magnesium chloride, which is not in ringers?

also, have to say, i am a little worried

we have directly demonstrated that L-lactate can play a causative role in breast cancer cell metastasis, by increasing the number of lung metastatic foci by ∼10-fold. nearly every oncology surgeon worldwide uses “lactated Ringer's” (which contains 28 mM L-lactate) as an intravenous (i.v.) solution in cancer patients, before, during and after tumor excision and possibly during the entire extended post-operative hospital stay. Based on our current studies, the use of “lactated Ringer's” in cancer patients may unnecessarily increase their risk for progression to metastatic disease. Thus, oncology surgeons may wish to re-consider using “lactated Ringer's” solution in cancer patients.

per https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3047616/

ty for the link pam, https://www.patienteninfo-service.de/a- ... onzentrat/

very appreciative of that, but it is mag sulphate rather than chloride, as far as i can see
do you, or anyone, know why people started to change from sulphate to chloride? why? what is the difference?

tonight's infusion was worse than before, over 3 hours and only 50ml in, every time i upped the drips, it was so uncomfortable i had to slow it down,
we have been to 4 different vit c iv professionals, and really dont think i am doing anything different
nice and clean into the vein, saline bag (would prefer sterile but just cannot source without prescriptions) filled as per norm, standard admin set and regular drips going fine
still
50mg in over 3 hours is just ridiculous

only difference, my wife has a suspected pulmonary embolism and just started new meds

the biggest worry, so i have heard, is that these small doses of vit c do the opposite to required, they actually feed the cancer
is that right???
i seriously hope i'm wrong

thanks

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#5  Post by pamojja » Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:49 am

Mg-sulfate is the usual form of magnesium given against preeclamsia and deficiency as IV. Never heard of Mg-chloride being used for that.

norvern
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#6  Post by norvern » Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:30 pm

per rioran, mg-chloride is the one to go for

IVC | A Common Adverse Reaction
IV site irritation may occur at the infusion site when given in a
vein and not a port
Slowing the rate of IVC infusion is always the first action step
and it typically helps
Infusion rates exceeding 1.0 gram/minute are more likely to cause
vein irritation
The Riordan Protocol adds magnesium chloride to every IVC
Magnesium reduces the incidence of vein irritation
Magnesium reduces the hypoglycemic effects of high dose IVC

https://riordanclinic.org/wp-content/up ... tation.pdf

have finally got some ringers so am putting 50cc of it into the saline iv bag to help introduce NaCl (sodium chloride), NaC3H5O3 (sodium lactate), CaCl2 (calcium chloride), and KCl (potassium chloride) ,

along with the magnesium
still have to go very very slow

help please

ysuvorava5

Post Number:#7  Post by ysuvorava5 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:54 pm

Are you using pure Vitamin C or Sodium Ascorbate? I am doing fresh IVC (Cathart's style) for both my mom and dad, 50 grams for my mother mixed in 500 ml sterile water bag and 75 grams for my dad also mixed in 500 ml sterile water bag. The infusions last between 3 to 4 hours. Anything less than 3 hours would hurt the vein. I give them potassim and magnesium pills prior to infusions. The main key here is to:

1) Use Sodium Ascorbate, NOT pure Vitamin C! Sodium Ascorbate is Ascorbate that has been buffed with Sodium. All doctors who prepared fresh "hot" IVC (Dr. Cathart, Dr. Klenner, Dr. Levy and eDoc on this forum used Sodium Ascorbate). Pure Ascorbate, even the one mixed in Ringer's solution, will eventually burn the veins. Take pure Vitamin C by mouth while doing the IVC, 2 grams of pure Vitamin C every hour to increase the elevation of Vitamin C in plasma levels.
2) Use Sterile Water. Not sure if you can get sterile water in the US, but that's what the original doctors used.
3) Slow down the IVC. 1 drop per second. Anything faster than this and it gets wasted in the urine.
4) Administer 21 days of daily IVC. After 21 days, continue infusions every 3 to 4 days weekly.
5) Measure lactate dehydrogenase (LDH), lymphocyte rations (NLR), alkaline phosphatase (ALP), and albumin levels after 15 days of IVC. Improvements are seen after sodium ascorbate injections. Neutrophil to lymphocyte ratios (NLR) proved to be a good indicator of cancer patients' survival times (high NLR, low survival). This is also true of LDH, creatinine, and glucose concentrations. IVC infusions are associated with decrease in glucose concentrations and reduction in LDH levels (which is excellent).
6) Use Cesium Chloride to help with pain. Cesium also kills cancer cells. Read the report by Keith Brewer (also called "Brewer Paper") on Cesium Chloride. Use 6 grams per day of Cesium Chloride administered in 3 doses of 2 grams each, taken immediately after eating. Cesium lowers potassium levels, so also give 2 to 4 grams of potassium (at least 500 mg of potassium with each Cesium dose).This forum has a separate cancer section that talks about Cesium.

My father has advanced stage 4 prostate cancer with mets to the bones and lungs. We are already seeing huge improvement after only 12 days of IVC! Both my father and mother experience no pain associated with IVC, but we use Sodium Ascorbate powder with Sterile Water and I prepare the solution myself according to Dr. Cathart's instructions.

jimmylesante
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#8  Post by jimmylesante » Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:48 am

Hey where can i get 500ml bags of sterile water?
Am in the UK

norvern
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#9  Post by norvern » Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:45 pm

thank you so much ysuvorava5
that is so helpful

1- yes, we use ascorbate, have trouble sourcing, it is not for sale in UK (but we have a source, who can provide but is wary giving a lot at a time) but the various companies that are there on the net are abroad and the worry we have about these is since it takes time to deliver, and the solution needs to kept cold then...

will do the pure while having iv, ty for the tip

2 - sterile water bags are hard hard to find,
we have sodium chloride bags, which iv clinics use over here, in the UK (not US)
but have now found ringers on ebayuk so have swapped over to them

jimmy - try these??
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lactated-Rin ... 2749.l2649

£49.99 for 5 500ml bags

3 - cant slow it down much more ;-)
didnt know about it being wasted in urine, ty

4 - 21 days? ok, we havent been keeping to that, around 4 a week so far, and we are running out and looking for more, but as i say, are worried if it comes from a long way away without refridgeration, it will just lose potency

5 - Measure lactate dehydrogenase (LDH), lymphocyte rations (NLR), alkaline phosphatase (ALP), and albumin levels
ok, where, how??

6 - cesium chloride will do more research on that. wow, it gets such a slagging on google, which shows how good it is i imagine
the potassium is a worry for us, i know it effects your heart

yes am on the cancer forum here

send my best and all to your mum and dad (how sceptical ,if at all, were they at the start?) you are doing a fantastic job and again, ty so much for sharing

musashie
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#10  Post by musashie » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:27 pm

jimmylesante wrote:Hey where can i get 500ml bags of sterile water?
Am in the UK

Use sterile water for irrigation and just inject water into bag using syringe through the injection port on empty IV bag.
Baxters sterile water for irrigation 1000ml bottles are cheap and so are empty IV bags. See attached link for IV bags that I purchased in the states.

https://www.mountainside-medical.com/co ... ee-10-pack

jackie31fla

Post Number:#11  Post by jackie31fla » Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:27 am

My veins were getting phlebitis from the Potassium

Return to “Intravenous Vitamin C (IV/C)”