Vitamin C plus Sodium bicarbinate IV for COVID-19

Physician Reference and discussion of the methods, protocols and effects of intravenous vitamin C (versus oral or liposomal).

Moderators: ofonorow, popnowlin

AngieLynn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Vitamin C plus Sodium bicarbinate IV for COVID-19

Post Number:#1  Post by AngieLynn » Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:07 pm

When I do my vitamin C IV's (25,000 mg), I always add a couple cc's of sodium bicarbinate to make it more alkaline, and I add magnesium. Will that negatively impact the effect on covid19? Or is that okay?

Also I heard that taking it orally, sodium ascorbate won't work on covid, but I need my vitamin C buffered, and didn't want to take more calcium. Is the sodium ascorbate going to be effective, or no?

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Vitamin C plus Sodium bicarbinate IV for COVID-19

Post Number:#2  Post by pamojja » Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:29 am

AngieLynn wrote:When I do my vitamin C IV's (25,000 mg), I always add a couple cc's of sodium bicarbinate to make it more alkaline, and I add magnesium. Will that negatively impact the effect on covid19? Or is that okay?

Also I heard that taking it orally, sodium ascorbate won't work on covid, but I need my vitamin C buffered, and didn't want to take more calcium. Is the sodium ascorbate going to be effective, or no?

Sodium ascorbate IVs have already been shown to be effective. Not in curing, but alleviating the major illnesses. Effectiveness can be greatly increased by using sodium ascorbate IV's property to greatily increase oral bowel tolerance. Therefore one should always take as much pure ascorbic acid in water during IVs as one can tolerate. Only be careful to reduce oral short before the drip, when bowel-tolerance drops sharply again.

IVs should be pH neutral. Sodium ascorbate is. Therefore adding more sodium bicarbonate might be contraindicated and better take that separat orally too. The only to my knowledge which says sodium ascorbate wont be as effective as with oral ascorbic acid together is Doris Loh. But that doesn't mean it isn't effective on its own, just not as much.

AngieLynn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#3  Post by AngieLynn » Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:58 am

Thanks for the response but I'm confused.

For dealing with covid-19, I need to know if I must do something different than I normally do with my vitamin C IV's.

I do not have sodium ascorbate for my IV's.

I use pure IV ascorbic acid (25,000 mg), which I normally add sodium bicarbinate (2-3cc's) to so it doesn't burn. I also usually add magnesium. This is mixed into a sterile water bag (500cc). When dealing with covid-19, is it okay to add the sodium bicarb? And the magnesium? Or will it reduce the effectiveness?

For oral vitamin C, I'm unable to take pure ascorbic acid because of ulcerative colitis. Will the oral sodium ascorbate work against covid-19? How about the oral ascorbic acid that's buffered with calcium? Would that be better than the sodium ascorbate?

Are you also saying that vitamin C should be used orally but when you're taking a vitamin C IV, bowel tolerance will drop once you do the IV?

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#4  Post by pamojja » Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:42 pm

AngieLynn wrote:I use pure IV ascorbic acid (25,000 mg), which I normally add sodium bicarbinate (2-3cc's) to so it doesn't burn. I also usually add magnesium. This is mixed into a sterile water bag (500cc). When dealing with covid-19, is it okay to add the sodium bicarb? And the magnesium? Or will it reduce the effectiveness?

In this case you even HAVE DO to add the correct amount of sodium bicarbonate, otherwise you will hurt yourself. The solution for IVs has to be pH neutral!

AngieLynn wrote:For oral vitamin C, I'm unable to take pure ascorbic acid because of ulcerative colitis. Will the oral sodium ascorbate work against covid-19? How about the oral ascorbic acid that's buffered with calcium? Would that be better than the sodium ascorbate?

Are you also saying that vitamin C should be used orally but when you're taking a vitamin C IV, bowel tolerance will drop once you do the IV?

Yes to the last question. Bowel-tolerance will increase during the IV, and drop sharply at the end. Calcium ascorbate is worse than Sodium ascorbate. Stick with the later. It will work, but not as good as with additional ascorbic acid orally. But with ulcerative colitis you have no choice anyway.

Not to be misunderstood this as medical advise, for which nobody is entitled to on the internet, just for the purpose of information. Do always work with your health-care provider.

Return to “Intravenous Vitamin C (IV/C)”