Vitamin C IV + SODIUM BICARBONATE

Physician Reference and discussion of the methods, protocols and effects of intravenous vitamin C (versus oral or liposomal).

Moderators: ofonorow, popnowlin

caroline_v
Contributor
Contributor

Vitamin C IV + SODIUM BICARBONATE

Post Number:#1  Post by caroline_v » Thu Dec 23, 2021 3:42 am

"The same thing that can cause cancer can also kill cancer". Reactive oxygen species, chemotherapy, anti-oxidants are some examples. The same might be the case with bicarbonate. I just figured out how it can be good to fight cancer. On one hand, it is needed for cancer cells to maintain their intracellular pH, on the other hand it's needed for some important protein which hampers cancer (an ascorbate transporter SVCT2). Right away need to say this. It's only applicable to hypoxic tumors. Heavy biochemistry follows in layman terms.
There is an enzyme in cancer cells that is highly active in hypoxic conditions. It's called hypoxia-inducible factor-1 (HIF-1). It promotes invasion, metastasis, and resistance to apoptosis. Vitamin C (ascorbate)suppresses the activity of this enzyme. The ascorbate transporter can bring ascorbate into the cell, but it does not work well in acidic environment. So bicarbonate normalizes extracellular pH and increases the transport of vit C into the cell. Another way to increase the ascorbate concentration in cancer cell is to inject high doses of dehydroascorbate by IV. Cancer cell has a glucose transporter (GLUT-1) that moves glucose into the cancer cell. When vit C is injected by IV in high doses the GLUT-1 promotes influx of vit C inside cancer cell. I do not know if I gave a clear explanation.
That HIF-1 is really very nasty and I guess people are working to suppress it with inhibitors. But for now ascorbate can help. The practical strategy is boosting the ascorbate level in cancer cell by intravenous administration of dehydroascorbic acid (oxidized form of vit. C) or normalization of the extracellular pH with bicarbonate.
There are several clinical trials for usage of baking soda in aggressive cancers.
Source & Studies: vitamincvial.blogspot.com

Return to “Intravenous Vitamin C (IV/C)”