Expired Vitamin C IV solution

Physician Reference and discussion of the methods, protocols and effects of intravenous vitamin C (versus oral or liposomal).

Moderators: ofonorow, popnowlin

vitaminaut

Expired Vitamin C IV solution

Post by vitaminaut » Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:03 pm

Hello everyone,

this is my first post and I am happy to be here. I got my hands on a few/many Vitamin C solutions (I'd guess 40?) for injection(each originally sealed, stored in darkness and normal temperatures) that have been expired in 22/7 and 21/3. Can they still safeley be used? Maybe at least the ones that expired on 22/7?

I thought they would have lost some or even all potency at worst, but using it would not be dangerous. I have a friend who is a nurse who can administer IVs but she does not know if it can be safely done since she never works with expired products.

They are 50ml each containing 7,5g vitamin c and are produced by a pharmaceutical company that specializes in naturopathic treatments. The other ingredients are water and sodium bicarbonate. Since they are not inexpensive, I would not like them to get to waste.

Can anyone make an educated guess? Off course, this is only considered as a theoretical education of that subject matter and not as advice. I don't live in the US or Canada anyway.

Thank you very much for your efforts beforehand.

Kind regards,

vitaminaut

Return to “Intravenous Vitamin C (IV/C)”