SHould I measure my telomeres?

Discussion of the 2009 Noble Prize in Medicine, focusing on substances that reduce telomere shortening by activating the human telomerase enzyme

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

SHould I measure my telomeres?

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:49 pm

Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

blade

Re: SHould I measure my telomeres?

Post Number:#2  Post by blade » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:44 am

should you measure them?
why?
do what it takes to make sure they stay as long as possible, I see no reason to measure them, do you?

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: SHould I measure my telomeres?

Post Number:#3  Post by ofonorow » Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:49 pm

The question is can you grow them, as TA-65 claims to do, and thus extend your expiration date, perhaps indefinitely?

I agree, there are many ways to decrease the rate of shortening, as we discuss at a regular basis in this forum, e.g. vitamin C, vitamin D, Omega'3 fatty acids, etc.

There are a lot of products on the market claiming to (or inferring they can) actually LENGTHEN telomeres. This would mean, if these products work, they can turn your biological clock back to that of a teenager.

So you can answer this question, "YES" because if my biological age is older than my chronological age, I'd better get cooking on changing my life style, or
the answer is "YES" if you want to determine whether any given product to lengthen telomeres is working.

In my opinion, if you have no interest in immortality (or at least extending the ordinary life span) then the answer is "NO."
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Telomeres”