Hoarvath, life span versus health span

Catch-all for other anti-aging techniques, e.g. Audrey De'Gray

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Hoarvath, life span versus health span

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:51 am

One of Horvath’s revelations is that reduction or avoidance of cell senescence may help prolong health-span but not lifespan. Frailty would be avoided.

My claim is that aging is caused by accumulation of minerals after full childhood growth is achieved. During growth an overload of iron, calcium and copper, is not possible due to the need to develop bone and red blood cells. There is little or no accumulation of lipofuscin during childhood growth and thereafter cellular debris as lipofuscin begins to accumulate. Iron drives lipofuscin. Women do not age as fast as men, dumping iron monthly in their menstrual cycle (similar to blood letting) and only begin to age (i.e. accumulate iron and calcium) after menopause (cessation of menstruation and loss of estrogen which holds calcium in bones).

Health-span seems important, I agree, but my focus has been lifespan (because taking the amount of vitamin C I do provides a pretty good health span.) I wonder how this jives with Dr. Levy's observation (or report, or maybe Dr. Bruce Ames, I guess my memory isn't that good...) that people who live the longest were found to have the highest levels of intracellular glutathione?

My claim is that aging is caused by accumulation of minerals after full childhood growth is achieved.

At the time when I was more focused on the telemore theory of aging, I read aging expert Aubrey DeGray's book ENDING AGING. I wanted to "test" the emerging telomere theory expounded mostly by Bill Andrews (Sierra Sicences)
https://www.amazon.com/Ending-Aging-Rejuvenation-Breakthroughs-Lifetime/dp/0312367074/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?keywords=aging+aubrey+degray&qid=1569843004&s=gateway&sr=8-1-fkmr0
When Dr. Degray wrote this book, he knew little about telemores, and this book covers almost everything else and I learned a great deal. (It is now interesting, that Dr. Degray has capitulated and accepts the telomere theory, or so I have been led to believe.)

During growth an overload of iron, calcium and copper, is not possible due to the need to develop bone and red blood cells. There is little or no accumulation of lipofuscin during childhood growth and thereafter cellular debris as lipofuscin begins to accumulate. Iron drives lipofuscin. Women do not age as fast as men, dumping iron monthly in their menstrual cycle (similar to blood letting) and only begin to age (i.e. accumulate iron and calcium) after menopause (cessation of menstruation and loss of estrogen which holds calcium in bones).

This idea has similarities with DeGray, in that, heart and brain cells do not divide. The garbage collectors inside cells, at least inside the mitocondria are called.. liposomes? .. or maybe these are equivalent to mitochondria.. Anyway, the garbage still builds up, despite the liposomes. However, when a cell divides, only half the garbage remains in the parent cell. So cell division reduces the garbage load.

Brain and heart do not divide, so the garbage load is increased over time, without relief. I haven't read that book for awhile, but I believe that experiments with monkeys revealed that vitamin E was vital to reducing the "garbage" load in heart cells.

The other important thing I learned in this DeGray book is how insane vaccinations are, because of the overall control and limit on the number of immune cells, specific white blood cells. Training these armies to defend against pathogens that will never appear, wastes these armies, and once the limit is reached, no further immunity is conferred. So vaccinations, by this logic, harm rather than build immunity
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Other Anti-Aging methods”