Copper Vitamin C and collagen

Ask questions, seek advice, or share your experience with vitamin C

Moderators: ofonorow, popnowlin

BaronZemo
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Copper Vitamin C and collagen

Post Number:#1  Post by BaronZemo » Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:08 am

Pauling promotes vitamin C for the arterial help, but why did he not promote copper in place of that? From what I have found out , copper produces more collagen than c, and I would think this would be better. Also, if you you take C, you are supposed to supplement with copper since C remove's it from the body which would seem counterproductive

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Copper Vitamin C and collagen

Post Number:#2  Post by pamojja » Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:11 pm

Since I started to take ascorbic acid almost 14 years ago (25 g/d avg.), I could never correct high blood levels of copper and low of zinc. It was a big mistake when for a short time followed the common advise to balance high zinc intake with at least some copper (in avg. 52mg vs. 0,9mg copper), because only then did high normal copper rise above normal.

From what I have found out , copper produces more collagen than c, and I would think this would be better.

How you found out? Copper is sufficient in minute amounts, ascorbic acid - there is only the sky high bowel-tolerance limit, without any danger of metal-intoxication whatsoever.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Copper Vitamin C and collagen

Post Number:#3  Post by ofonorow » Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:46 am

BaronZemo wrote:Pauling promotes vitamin C for the arterial help, but why did he not promote copper in place of that? From what I have found out ,?? copper produces more collagen than c, ?? and I would think this would be better. Also, if you you take C, you are supposed to supplement with copper since C remove's it from the body which would seem counterproductive

I think pamojja hit the nail on the head. Here is the perspective of the "infallible" ancient science, which says the liver considers all but a small amount of copper as toxic, Here is part of a longer dissertation on why zinc is so important:

Liver Rescue, Pg 308

... One specific purpose of zinc reserves is to eliminate toxic forms of copper that are always high inside the liver and that can cause the organ harm. ...

And here is the ancient science's discussion of "the liver troublemaker" copper:

Liver Rescue, P. 279

Copper: The liver is really highly sensitive to copper. Since this metal is commonly used for pipes, copper particles can end up in our drinking and bathing water, plus it's frequently in pesticides, herbicides, and fungicides. There's a new trend of copper everything in the kitchen, try to be cautious about pots and pans and go with ceramic whenever you can; your liver will thank you.

And yes copper is one of the co-factors necessary to make collagen, but it is needed in only trace amounts. Rarely is low copper the reason for atheroclerosis, unlike vitamin C, which is not present in most people in adequate amounts.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “General Discussion Topics and Issues”