https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TmyilQ3GFA

VIt C is needed to repair most tissues
vit C is reuired to make collagen
collagen is 30-40% of protien in body

vit c lowers cortisol
vit c lowers inflammation

but lyle says around 20 mark
you need some inflammation and cortisol to help repair injuries

I have a sprained/torn ligament is me taking vit C hourly, too much?

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15397

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: tooo muchvit c bad when injurjured?

Post Number:#2  Post by pamojja » Sat Apr 02, 2022 4:06 am

stevewoodz99 wrote:but lyle says around 20 mark
you need some inflammation and cortisol to help repair injuries

I've been testing inflammation markers and cortisol regularly over 13 years with very high regular ascorbic acid intake. Most of time I meassured too high cortisol and inflammation,. 'Some' needed rather rare, but never too low. Even tested while taking ascorbic acid every 20 minutes, while titrating to bowel-tolerance.

But everyone is different. Might be that lyle (no idea who he is, not the time to watch the video now) tested too low while taking vitamin C?

stevewoodz99
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: too much vit c bad when injured?

Post Number:#3  Post by stevewoodz99 » Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:11 pm

people are mostly the same
thats why we have so much in common
lyle wrote a book about healing when he broke his femur and tore several ligaments from accident
I emailed him about why he didnt mention vit C in his list of supplements
no answer

cant make collagen without vit C, so get more

MichaelPD346
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#4  Post by MichaelPD346 » Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:18 am

Going back to nature, I thought wild animals increase vitamin C production when injured or sick. Is there any evidence that injured animals reduce vit c production to achieve the effect mentioned by lyle?

stevewoodz99
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#5  Post by stevewoodz99 » Wed Apr 13, 2022 5:26 am

I read his book, no mention of vit C anywhere

people dont understand that vit C is an essiential nutrient you need grams/daily

its not a secret
its well studied. even just focing on the immune system:

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29099763/
Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) is a nutrient your body needs to form blood vessels, cartilage, muscle and collagen in bones. Vitamin C is also vital to your body's healing process.
The body needs vitamin C to produce collagen. This is the main component of connective tissue and makes up 1–2% of muscle tissue. Collagen is a vital component in fibrous tissues such as: tendons

Vitamin C contributes to immune defense by supporting various cellular functions of both the innate and adaptive immune system. Vitamin C supports epithelial barrier function against pathogens and promotes the oxidant scavenging activity of the skin, thereby potentially protecting against environmental oxidative stress. Vitamin C accumulates in phagocytic cells, such as neutrophils, and can enhance chemotaxis, phagocytosis, generation of reactive oxygen species, and ultimately microbial killing. It is also needed for apoptosis and clearance of the spent neutrophils from sites of infection by macrophages, thereby decreasing necrosis/NETosis and potential tissue damage. The role of vitamin C in lymphocytes is less clear, but it has been shown to enhance differentiation and proliferation of B- and T-cells, likely due to its gene regulating effects. Vitamin C deficiency results in impaired immunity and higher susceptibility to infections. In turn, infections significantly impact on vitamin C levels due to enhanced inflammation and metabolic requirements. Furthermore, supplementation with vitamin C appears to be able to both prevent and treat respiratory and systemic infections.

Return to “General Discussion Topics and Issues”