Dr. Richard Johnson on Fructose and how we store fat - VIT C

Ask questions, seek advice, or share your experience with vitamin C

Moderators: ofonorow, popnowlin

HealthyBarbie01

Dr. Richard Johnson on Fructose and how we store fat - VIT C

Post Number:#1  Post by HealthyBarbie01 » Sun Apr 03, 2022 9:47 am

...Tried to watch the Tom Bilyeu Impact Theory segment, on this subject, and brain went mushy. No mush brain reading through this article :

We did an experiment where we used mice that were vitamin C deficient and we gave them vitamin C, either a low dose or a high dose. The low dose [were] the vitamin C blood levels that you see in people who are overweight, and the high levels of vitamin C gave a healthy vitamin C level in the blood. Then we fed them high-fructose corn syrup, where they got to drink it like a soda drink, and they could drink it all the time. After several months, both groups drank the same amount of sugar, but the group that got the high doses of vitamin C were protected. They got much less obesity If it worked on the mice... you never know. ;)

https://www.levelshealth.com/blog/dr-richard-johnson-on-fructose-and-how-we-store-fat

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Dr. Richard Johnson on Fructose and how we store fat - VIT C

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:58 am

Very interesting my dear Watson :idea:

Before reviewing the fructose sugar "fat switch"... It is good to keep in mind these words from Anthony William, Medical Medium, Chapter 7,

The fundamental fuel for your body is glucose, a simple sugar that provides all you cells with the energy they need to function, heal, grow, and thrive.

Glucose keeps us going -- and keeps us alive. The central nervous system runs on it, as does every organ in the body, including the heart. Glucose is what we use to build and sustain muscle, and it performs vital functions such as repairing damaged tissue and cells

When you eat food, your body breaks it down into glucose and places it in your bloodstream so it can travel to all your cells. However, your cells can't access the glucose directly.. They needs some help from your pancreas, which is a large endocrine gland located behind your stomach.

In my case, I first learned from Linus Pauling that ordinary table sugar, sucrose, is a 50/50 combination of glucose (good) and fructose (bad, unless you need to put on fat for the winter.).

I first learned about the so-called fructose "Fat Switch" around minutes 6 of this video

youtube direct link
https://youtu.be/-ygExIZm7Wo?t=364

Our forum discussion on the Keto idea that glucose is just "empty calories."

Keto's Fatal Flaw
https://vitamincfoundation.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=14678
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “General Discussion Topics and Issues”