Moderators: ofonorow, popnowlin

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

How To Check Your Vitamin C Levels + What Your Results Mean

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Wed May 04, 2022 11:43 am

Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: How To Check Your Vitamin C Levels + What Your Results Mean

Post Number:#2  Post by pamojja » Wed May 04, 2022 12:38 pm

A bid mood to say: don't take any vitamin C before the test, because your test might show your deficient. Of course you are if you don't take it.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#3  Post by ofonorow » Fri May 06, 2022 9:30 am

I think they are trying to point out that to get a better reading, you shouldn't take it just before the test. In general, thanks to Hickey/Roberts we know that the half life of vitamin C in the blood stream is 30 minutes. Said another way, every 30 minutes, the amount of vitamin C in the blood reduces by half - until it syncs with the kidney expulsion rate.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#4  Post by pamojja » Sun May 08, 2022 6:13 am

ofonorow wrote:I think they are trying to point out that to get a better reading, you shouldn't take it just before the test.

I take vitamin C every day since many years. When I test my blood about where my levels are, I want do know it under the condition I am, which is by taking it. And thereby am enabled to raise my intake, or relax abit, according to the results.

What would the test tell when I wouldn't take it doesn't has any practical relevance. And is only testing a theoretical proposition with no practical use.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#5  Post by ofonorow » Mon May 23, 2022 9:47 am

The real question is why would you bother taking it? You know the answer.

And yes, vitamin C levels are highly variable, but most people don't supplement like members of this forum do. Just pointing out that, 4 hours after taking vitamin C, the blood reaches "baseline" levels. If close to 1.5 mg/dl, your body does not have a special "draw" on the vitamin C in the blood. If low, it means that the person is using up vitamin C in the blood and should be taking more.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Return to “General Discussion Topics and Issues”