Dr. Berg, Copper and the so-called Natural Vitamin C Complex

Ask questions, seek advice, or share your experience with vitamin C

Moderators: ofonorow, popnowlin

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Dr. Berg, Copper and the so-called Natural Vitamin C Complex

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:12 am

correspondent wrote:Dr. Eric Berg, who has a very popular Y-Tube channel (and a very wide following) stated categorically in one of his videos that Ascorbic Acid leads to copper deficiency - or some other serious copper problem ("dysregulation"?) , similar to how over-consumption of supplemental zinc can do it. I'm doubtful, but a little concerned about his assertion. (i.e. about the deleterious effect Ascorbate might have on copper status in the body) That will be a subject for further research -- on my part -- in the future. But if you have any insights on the matter, I would be very appreciative to hear them :) , or recommended further readings.

Apparently, Dr. Berg also believes that "natural Vitamin C is best" as compared to "synthetic". In other words, I don't think he has really looked into the matter with the thoroughness required. Thus, I won't take his advice on Vitamin C (ascorbate, etc.) terribly seriously. But since he's right about a lot of things, I'm a little disconcerted about the "copper depletion" statement he makes.

I assume Dr. Berg is well meaning, but even one of my new heroes, Dr. Jerry Tennant, has been "sucked in" to the false "Natural Vitamin C complex is vitamin C" idea.

Our usual response is that if such a thing were true, Vitamin C led to copper deficiency, then how do all the animal species avoid the deficiency? Almost all make vitamin C, adjusted for body weight, in multi-gram amounts.

It turns out that the advanced 300,000 year-old (Medical Medium) science tells us that many forms of copper are toxic to the liver. Zinc helps neutralize that toxicity. To the extent vitamin C regulates copper, it helps the liver. (Source: Liver Rescue, P. 279)

Copper (as a liver troublemaker)

The liver is really highly sensitive to copper. since this metal is commonly used for pipes, copper particles can end up in our drinking and bathing water, plus it's frequently in pesticides, herbicides, and fungicides. There's a new trend of copper everything in the kitchen; try to be cautious about pots and pans and go with ceramic whenever you can; your liver with thank you.

pg. 148 Liver Rescue

One of the most antagonistic toxins when it comes to skin conditions is Copper.

.. if the re-manufactured methyl toxin form of copper and/or mercury -- the dermatoxin - continues to proliferate due to the pathogen feeding continually, the body can become overrun.

pg 150. Eczema is a combination of half copper and half mercury with a virus, most commonly EBV.

Psoriasis is a combination of approximately three-quarters copper with one-quarter mercury with a virus, most commonly EBV

Lichens sclerosis results from a virus in the liver consumimg copper....

Liver Rescue, Pg. 308 Zinc

Responsible for all of the over 2,000 chemical functions of the liver... People are zinc-deficient, in part due to the lack of it in the food we eat... One specific purpose of zinc reserves is to eliminate toxic forms of copper that are always high inside the liver and that can cause the organ harm.

And as far as the "Natural Vitamin C Complex" notion promoted by well meaning people, again, why don't all the animal species produce the "complex" in their bodies? Instead, they produce ascorbic acid - out of glucose.

I am always thankful for Linus Pauling and his writings about vitamin C.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “General Discussion Topics and Issues”