Father has sepsis, Doc refuses to employ Dr. Marik's protocol

Ask questions, seek advice, or share your experience with vitamin C

Moderators: ofonorow, popnowlin

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Father has sepsis, Doc refuses to employ Dr. Marik's protocol

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:31 am

I want to join your forum because my elderly father is in the hospital with sepsis. I found Dr. Paul Marik's protocol yesterday, printed it out and raced it over to the hospital, since it apparently needs to be followed asap in order for it to work. Anyway, the doctor refused to do the protocol. So, now we don't know what to do and are trying to figure out if there are any other options for us.

WE are very sorry to hear about the plight of your elderly father.

Regarding sepsis, is your father unconscious and on a respirator?

Most hospitals do not have vitamin C in their pharmacy, so this is the biggest obstacle. Not to mention the current campaign based on fraudulent data to discredit Dr. Marik and his work.

Whenever I had to go into the hospital, I either brought my own vitamin C, or had my wife bring some to me.

I don't know if this is an option in your case, and perhaps the strongest medicine you could bring to him is a True Liposomal vitamin C.

If he does reach a stage where you can bring him vitamin C, that would be job number one.

The hydrocortisone is something the hospital would have to provide, and maybe you can get them to administer this steroid (Solu Cortef)? Worth a try.

The Thiamine (Vitamin B1) is something else to bring to your father should he be able to resume oral consumption.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Father has sepsis, Doc refuses to employ Dr. Marik's protocol

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:34 am

Another thought, they may not be able to administer vitamin C IV, but the hospital should be able to provide daily vitamins/multivitamins. You should press them on even these small amounts, and try to get something in writing if they refuse.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Blargus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#3  Post by Blargus » Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:51 pm

Sorry to hear that, the sad thing is that a good many of the studies on IVC and sepsis are positive, but doctors only focus on the negative ones. If you can have an audience, I doubt much seems to work in these circumstances, but you could point them to this study:

https://doi.org/10.1056/EVIDoa2200105

Top of figure 2 of this meta analysis shows a clear "favors Vitamin C" result, despite the mixed results this is for low bias studies.

Additionally, the studies Zabet 2016, Fowler 2014 and Iglesias 2020 used the weight based dose 25, 50 or 200 mg/kg. and achieved positive results (best at 200 mg/kg) and when safety was studied, positive safety. Negative studies with one or two exceptions used lower doses of about 1500 mg per 6 hours.

Thus among the six studies with the body weight based dose most found favorable results with the Vitamin C therapy with the exception of Lamontagne and Fowler 2019.

There is an author Conrad LeBeau who writes about alternative treatments. In his book on covid he says that you can put 1/4 cup of 3% hydrogen peroxide on socks and then put them on the patients feet and it should have a positive effect:

Author's suggestion for hospitals- One of the most valuable treatments for covid-19 is hidden in plain sight. It is hydrogen peroxide. Place clean cotton socks on patients and pour 1/4 cup of 3% hydrogen peroxide slowly over each sock. Repeat this treatment every 8 hours. The hydrogen peroxide will be absorbed into the blood stream through the feet...

Never done this myself, just thought I'd mention it he doesn't give much info but i thought it was an interesting tip.

When my aunt was in the hospital I got the doctor to approve 500 mg or 1000 mg vitamin C once a day it was better than nothing. :(

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#4  Post by ofonorow » Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:58 am

Thanks Blargus. Excellent. Further communication below. I suggested they take the studies you recommend to their hospital. It may take wrongful death lawsuits before the resistance to Marik's protocol can be broken.

Hi Owen,

I think it is too late for my father now.

He's not on a respirator and they tell us he's sleeping, so I guess not unconscious (my mother is the one who stays with him, I'm actually at home taking care of a disabled family member who was damaged by big-pharma). When I visit, he seems to hear my voice. Yesterday, while at home, my mother put the phone to his ear, so he could hear me talk to him and he tried to talk back. But today, he seemed worse.

Okay, yes, that's what I was assuming- they don't even have any Vit C. And all of them have been extremely dismissive of our claims about Vit C and Dr. Marik's work, so looks like they are believing the lies (plus it's all about protecting the $$$$)

I don't think there is anything we can do now. He has a swallowing problem, so we can't give him anything to swallow (I was thinking about the Liposomal Vit C). They said they would have to put a GI line in to get some of his other meds (heart--he had a TAVR last year, so takes anticoagulants), but they said it would be extremely painful for him and they would have to restrain him. So at that point, since he's 85 my mother said no, she didn't want them to do any aggressive procedures that would cause him more suffering, especially since there are no guarantees that he will even get better (since he's only on their antibiotics which are not working)

He's just dying and IMO they are responsible. They absolutely refused to try Dr Marik's protocol, which makes no sense since their protocol is clearly not working.

Honestly, we are in a state of shock and disbelief at this point. We just didn't think he was that sick. We thought he had a flu or something (which he almost NEVER gets, maybe the last time he was sick was decades ago). It started Fri am (woke up with chills), spent Fri and Sat sleeping it off, not eating or drinking (only slightly), but didn't seem feverish. Only late Sat he started getting pain in his lower back and back of neck and started getting confused (which made us think dehydration). So that's why we called the EMTs on Sun. At the ER, they at first said UTI, then once he was finally admitted they said they didn't know where the infection was. And in less that 24 hours in their care (Monday), we get told he has sepsis and is basically at death's door. I think we probably would have done better just by keeping him at home. On Sunday morning, we finally got our wits about us, and started getting him hydrated and I gave him an electrolyte drink with powdered Vit C (2,000). If we kept him home, we just would have kept doing that, which probably would have given us a chance.

We're just devastated and BEYOND SICKENED by the medical establishment (mafia IMO) for refusing to try this life-saving protocol.

Sorry for going on and on about our situation. We're literally in a state of shock at this point.

Thank you for your help. I'll sign on to the form when I can
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#5  Post by ofonorow » Sat Aug 27, 2022 1:47 pm

You might try to see whether you dad can eat some kiwis, perhaps mushed. My new favorite author (after than my favorite Linus Pauling), claims kiwis are good for sepsis. Apparently it is the nourishment and highly bioavailable vitamin C in kiwis, bound to other nutrients.

Medical Medium: Life Changing Foods - Section on Kiwis wrote:
With over 40 trace minerals, kiwis are an excellent source of nourishment. Kiwis also possess a powerful vitamin C that's bonded to isothiocynates and anthocyanins, this compound works in congruence with the phenolic acid compounds in kiwi seeds to.. inhibit viruses.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Amanda4321

Post Number:#6  Post by Amanda4321 » Sat Aug 27, 2022 4:50 pm

Thanks for all of the support and information.

Here's my update, I will post more later:

My father died last night at 8:20 and it was a brutal death. He truly suffered and he was NOT ready to go. The title here is how we feel:
A Family’s Perspective – “The Brutality of Sepsis will Haunt Us for the Rest of Our Lives”
https://blogs.cdc.gov/safehealthcare/br ... of-sepsis/   
(I'm actually a clinical psychologist and I don't think this will ever go away for me, I will never be able to forget the suffering I witnessed)

We know he didn't have to die and there was a way to save them, but they refused to do it.

Dr. Thomas Levy says that people in our situation should sue (so that is what we are going to do):
https://www.faim.org/vitamin-c-and-seps ... the-bottle

To be perfectly clear: There can never be an argument that Dr. Marik's protocol is supplanting or replacing any other indicated treatments. And even if there continues to be debate over how effective Dr. Marik's protocol might be for sepsis, along with the typical clamoring for "more studies" to quantify that effectiveness, there can be no reasonable debate that any patient should be denied the opportunity to be given an inexpensive and nontoxic therapy – especially when a high chance of death is looming in only a few days or even in a few hours.

When something is cheap and nontoxic, you don't have to wait years for "definitive" results. Medicine loves being sophisticated and well-defined, but sometimes just knowing that something won't hurt you while often working is all that is really needed.

Therefore, if you have a family member dying of sepsis on an intensive care unit, demand that Dr. Marik's protocol be immediately instituted. If you are denied this option, make sure your physician understands that immediate legal action to initiate the therapy will ensue, and that the death of your loved one will assure the initiation of a malpractice suit against him/her.

However, only sue the physician in charge, as physicians have a herd mentality and are scared to death of being the sole focus of a malpractice suit or medicolegal challenge.

And as if all of that wasn't enough, we were there with him last night and left at about 6:20. Nobody said you might want to stick around, it doesn't look good, it doesn't look like he has much time left. We went home and he died at 8:20 all by himself. They never called my mother to give her a heads up--if they did, we would have raced over. Many decades ago, when my grandfather was in the ICU from a fall, they called my grandmother and let her know that he only had a little time left. I truly don't know what has happened to the "health care" system in this country over the last decades, but these days, you risk your life going to the hospital.

I am not going to let this go. After what they did to him, I am going to make this a personal crusade for the rest of my life--nobody should ever suffer like that. He was a good man, he worked hard his whole life and he deserved a peaceful ending. These people are monsters!

I'll post more later. For now, I'm going to read here:
viewforum.php?f=33

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#7  Post by pamojja » Sat Aug 27, 2022 5:10 pm

So sorry to hear from your loss. And I really admire your determination to fight such ignorant doctors.

Best wishes.

Return to “General Discussion Topics and Issues”