Supplement Reverses Hallmarks Of Old Age And Promotes Healthier Aging

Ask questions, seek advice, or share your experience with vitamin C

Moderators: ofonorow, popnowlin

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Supplement Reverses Hallmarks Of Old Age And Promotes Healthier Aging

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:53 am

https://www.iflscience.com/supplement-reverses-hallmarks-of-old-age-and-promotes-healthier-aging-64948

"16 weeks"

Glycine and N-acetylcysteine and alanine were purchased commercially, and quality verified via certificates of analyses. These supplements are filled into capsules by a pharmacist, and provided monthly to study participants at doses of 100 mg/kg/d each of glycine and NAC, and 200 mg/kg/d of alanine.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Supplement Reverses Hallmarks Of Old Age And Promotes Healthier Aging

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:58 am

Does that mean that the participants were dosed according to their weight? 100mg per each kg of weight per day? That's the way I read it. So if I weight 120kg I'd need 1,200 mg per day? I'd need 2,400mg of alanine. The supplement I found on Amazon is two 500mg tablets per day.

Vitamin C spares glutathione (GSH), so what forum members consume usually raises glutathione levels.

NAC is a building block of GSH, often recommended at this forum, but FDA just took it off market!?! I was still able to order from Amazon, but it may become harder to get as American companies stop selling.

Glycine ( or TMG) protects from GMOs in crops, making it a wise supplement .

I need to study alanine.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

DiverDown2
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Re: Supplement Reverses Hallmarks Of Old Age And Promotes Healthier Aging

Post Number:#3  Post by DiverDown2 » Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:13 am

Question
Instead of taking NAC can you take LIPOSOMAL GLUTATHIONE along with Glycine and it work the same or is NAC doing something other than being a building block for GLUTATHIONE?

Return to “General Discussion Topics and Issues”