Ascorbic acid causing excessive urination?

Ask questions, seek advice, or share your experience with vitamin C

Moderators: ofonorow, popnowlin

Blanko
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Ascorbic acid causing excessive urination?

Post Number:#1  Post by Blanko » Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:25 am

I read it's a diuretic. Seems the body is trying to flush it out, which makes one dehydrated regardless of how much water they drink (if they keep dosing more ascorbic acid)?

Dr. Day and many others say being adequately hydrated is essential for being healthy and healing from diseases.

Interested in your thoughts.

Blanko
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Ascorbic acid causing excessive urination?

Post Number:#2  Post by Blanko » Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:37 pm

I'm definitely more easily dehydrated since I've started high doses of ascorbic acid. I imagine the acorbic acid is a net benefit, but clearly it is dehydrating. I believe the body first flushes excess through the urine, and if it can't do that sufficiently then through the bowels. Therefore, I don't believe bowel tolerance is the correct way to ascertain one's needs for ascorbic acid. When you hit bowel tolerance, you've already exhausted your body's ability to get rid of it through the urine, so you're way above what it wants.

Thoughts on this?

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#3  Post by ofonorow » Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:02 am

Vitamin C is mild diuretic. Coffee too is a diuretic, and in any case, most experts (including Pauling) recommend drinking lots of water. In Pauling's case, the reason was to reduce the workload on the kidneys.

As far as dismissing Cathcart's Bowel Tolerance observations and theories, your "water draining" argument carries little weight in view of the fantastic needs for ascorbate when the body is under stress.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Blanko
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#4  Post by Blanko » Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:47 pm

If other animals produce their own ascorbic acid, in extreme quantities when needed, why do humans tend to live so much longer? Evidently ascorbic acid isn't the limiting factor?

stevewoodz99
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#5  Post by stevewoodz99 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:16 pm

live longer then who?
rodents?
turtles?

stevewoodz99
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#6  Post by stevewoodz99 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:18 pm

Blanko wrote:If other animals produce their own ascorbic acid, in extreme quantities when needed, why do humans tend to live so much longer? Evidently ascorbic acid isn't the limiting factor?

why do animals have fur? humans dont!

vit C is required to make collagen
humans are 30-40% collagen

-google
"Collagen is plentiful in the human body. According to some older research, one-third of the protein in the human body and three-quarters of the dry weight of skin consist of collagen. There are around 28 types of collagen, and they all have different structures."

yet ,humans dont make vit C

make sense?

Blanko
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#7  Post by Blanko » Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:24 pm

https://a-z-animals.com/blog/grizzly-bear-lifespan-how-long-do-grizzly-bears-live/

Bears produce their own ascorbic acid and don't live nearly as long as a healthy human life span, even when they are in captivity.

As well, if we study the longest lived humans, I would guess the vast majority were not taking high doses of ascorbic acid, or even any doses at all. I haven't done any deep studies as such, but this is true for those I've looked into who lived to over 100.

Further, I saw a study a while back showing that limiting ascorbic acid was useful in starving a certain cancer they were studying. It's actually possible not producing ascorbic acid has benefits.

Return to “General Discussion Topics and Issues”