Healing Foot Ulcers

Ask questions, seek advice, or share your experience with vitamin C

Moderators: ofonorow, popnowlin

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Healing Foot Ulcers

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:07 am

Richard Knutson, MD, began using sugar on hard-to-treat wounds (Southern Medical Journal, Nov. 1981).

This post is a note to myself. There was a documentary a while back that described a doctor who used sugar to cure diabetes. I think Dr. Knutson is likely that doctor. Given that diabetics are most likely to have foot ulcers, it is logical that foot sores are caused by a lack of insulin, leading to a lack of glucose in "far away" cells - such as the feet. (Note: Sugar (glucose) is high in the blood stream, but not getting into cells)

Ran across this here https://www.earthclinic.com/cures/leg_ulcers.html

I read an article about this sugar cure for wounds back in 1985 from a woman who was trying to heal her grandmother's bedsores. The earliest mention of sugar for wound healing that could be found in the medical literature was during World War I in the Journal of the American Medical Association (Sept. 4,1915). This treatment persisted as an old wives' tale until the mid 1970s when Richard Knutson, MD, began using sugar on hard-to-treat wounds (Southern Medical Journal, Nov. 1981).

His formula involved mixing 4 pounds of table sugar with 1 pound of Betadine (iodine) antiseptic ointment (know that you're not allergic to betadine) and 6.5 ounces of Betadine solution in a double boiler over low heat. He applied the mixture to a depth of one-fourth inch, changing the dressing and cleaning the wound daily. He treated over 5,000 patients over 15 years. Sugardine is simply a paste of granulated white sugar and betadine solution mixed to a toothpaste or peanut butter consistency, and it is a remarkably safe and effective wound dressing. Granulated white sugar heals wounds. Sugar has been used in Egypt and many other Middle Eastern countries for generations as a safe way to treat cuts and in some cases burns. Sugar draws water from the wound into a dressing accelerating the healing process, which is prescribed in African folk medicine.

The sugar kills bacteria through osmotic action, and attracts the body's "clean-up crew" of macrophages and other infection-fighting elements to the wound site, thus promoting rapid cleansing and healing of the wound. Ingredients for Sugardine: * Table Sugar * 10% povidone iodine (or the more expensive betadine)

Procedure:

* Mix one part 10% povidone iodine to two parts white sugar.

Adding more or less sugar makes it the consistency of thick honey or peanut butter. Put the sugardine in a container with a tight fitting lid. The mixture will need stirring now and then but it will never go bad. It is my understanding that with a large open wound you pack it with sugardine and then bandage it. Sugardyne can be safely applied to the wound without fear of any bleeding once clots have been given adequate time to form–usually 1 ½ to 2 days. A copious amount (¼ to ½ inch thick layer) of Sugardyne is applied to cover or fill the wound and then covered with dry gauze. Deeper wounds are packed full of Sugardyne to the brim. Dressings are changed once daily. Dressing changes continue until the wound if fully healed. As a rule, no skin graft will be required. Skin will automatically cover the granulation tissue (“proud flesh”) that fills the defect, completely.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “General Discussion Topics and Issues”