affecting my attempt to get to BT

Ask questions, seek advice, or share your experience with vitamin C

Moderators: ofonorow, popnowlin

Elleppo

affecting my attempt to get to BT

Post Number:#1  Post by Elleppo » Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:00 am

Hiya, all this stuff, PT and BT is very new to me. I have a number of problems that I believe is affecting my attempt to get to BT.
1) chronic constipation
2) some form of neuropathy
4) very dehydrated in morning (dry cracking lips)
3) BPH this is keeping me awake and having to go 3-4 times a night. All this water with vit c is making it worse. I've been given Finasteride 5mg but weary of taking it as it ups ones triglycerides which are high to begin with.
I got IHD, (3 x CABG) several years ago, and an NSTEMI 6 months ago. Have been T2D but curbed it due to KETO, However my trig/hdl ratio is high. At the moment on a LCHF diet but not keto. I take 3 types of BP meds, 2 type for angina, and 1 for blood thinning and an aspirin 75mg. Also Sulfasalazine for RA.
I also have rheumatoid arthritis so maybe this is why I can't get to BT as Robert F. Cathcart, says people like me can handle 100g that means I’ll be guzzling nearly 1 kilo a week.
Modern medicine not doing that much. Been taking Omeprazole (2x 20mg a day) for 6 months and stopped a month ago. Been on Atorvastatin 80 mg for 6 months have now stopped ( a week ago)
The chronic constipation, some form of neuropathy (burning sensation on arms and chest on the surface. A bit similar to that of a niacin flush. This occurs worse by late evening after dosing vit c every hour at 2 grams and hour. But no BT by 30 g.
What am I doing wrong?
Is it important to get to BT or can I just follow the Heart disease Orthomolecular protocol and stick to say 20 grams a day say 5 grams 4 x a day.
Many thanks for your time.

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: affecting my attempt to get to BT

Post Number:#2  Post by pamojja » Wed Mar 22, 2023 5:13 am

Elleppo wrote:3) BPH this is keeping me awake and having to go 3-4 times a night.

I've same nocturia too. The water intake is only one factor, of course not making it better. There are many other factors which do, and you still need to research. Overall, you have it anyway, with or without BT. But seeing this wrongly as a hindrance to bowel-tolerace, will only keep you from doing it.

Elleppo wrote:4) very dehydrated in morning (dry cracking lips)

Reduce dehydration at all costs, it is a real killer with chronic diseases. Besice sysiphus intake of outragous amounts of water - to which BT is perfectly lending itself - at much more salt with water. It's needed for the body to retain water washed out with increased urination, also from diabetes.

Elleppo wrote:2) some form of neuropathy

Again, how could that be a hindrance to BT?

Elleppo wrote:1) chronic constipation

Now you have me stunned :shock:

By titrating to bowel-tolerance every constipation is cured forever! With a lot of magnesium, that is solved even much faster. (I needed in average 1.8 g/day during the last 14 years, to reduce my Mg-deficiency and experience remissions)

Another killer with chronic diseases. How good you think detoxification will work with constipation? - Of course, not at all, making every of your conditions worse..

Elleppo wrote:.. this is why I can't get to BT as Robert F. Cathcart, says people like me can handle 100g that means I’ll be guzzling nearly 1 kilo a week.
Modern medicine not doing that much. Been taking Omeprazole (2x 20mg a day) for 6 months and stopped a month ago. Been on Atorvastatin 80 mg for 6 months have now stopped ( a week ago)
The chronic constipation, some form of neuropathy (burning sensation on arms and chest on the surface. A bit similar to that of a niacin flush. This occurs worse by late evening after dosing vit c every hour at 2 grams and hour. But no BT by 30 g.

Boron against arthritis. Do research it.

You're on a good path reducing and eliminating all medications, which don't help but worsen much due to chronic side-effects. And admittetly, bowel-tolerance is brutal with such high needs. But either you gather the guts - just do it and get over with - or you wont get its miracolous benefits. It's as simple as that.

Since many years my bowel-tolerance is at fifty grams a day (due to rhinitis), with just a running nose from a cold also above 100 grams. Thirty grams with so many diseases as you have, is really not close enough to get to bowel tolerance.

With the higher needs I started to more convinently take a teaspoon-full of pure ascorbic acid pricisely on my thoungh, and wash it down with a gulp of water in one go.

Elleppo wrote:Is it important to get to BT or can I just follow the Heart disease Orthomolecular protocol and stick to say 20 grams a day say 5 grams 4 x a day

Please tell me where you picked up this myth, that this would be the Orthomolecular protocol?

Linus Pauling advised the folloing in his book, just to maintain good health:

How to Live Longer and Feel Better

• Take vitamin C every day, 6 grams to 18 g (6000 to 18,000 milligrams), or more. Do not miss a single day.
  • Take vitamin E every day, 400 IU, 800 IU, or 1600 IU.
  • Take one or two Super-B tablets every day, to provide good amounts of the B-vitamins.
  • Take 25,000 IU vitamin A tablet every day.
  • Take a mineral supplement every day, such as one tablet of the Bronson vitamin-mineral formula, which provides 100 mg of calcium, 18 mg of iron, 0.15 mg of iodine, 1 mg of copper, 25 mg of magnesium, 3 mg of manganese, 15 mg of zinc, 0.015 mg of molybdenum, 0.015 mg of chromium, and 0.015 mg of selenium.
  • Keep your intake of ordinary sugar (sucrose, raw sugar, brown sugar, honey) to 50 pounds per year, which is half the present U.S. average. Do not add sugar to tea or coffee. Do not eat high-sugar foods. Avoid sweet desserts. Do not drink soft drink.
  • Except for avoiding sugar, eat what you like - but not too much of any one food. Eggs and meat are good foods. Also you should eat some vegetables and fruits. Do not eat so much food as to become obese.
  • Drink plenty of water every day.
  • Keep active; take some exercise. Do not at any time exert yourself physically to an extent far beyond what you are accustomed to.
  • Drink alcoholic beverages only in moderation.
  • Do not smoke cigarettes.
  • Avoid stress. Work at a job that you like. Be happy with your family.

With many chronic disease manifested, as in your or my case, its too late for such a simple prevention protocols. You need much more ammunition, beside titrating to bowel-tolerance..

Be prepared. Medication generally do not help, add chronic side-effect, but moreover won't effect remissions from chronic diseases. To be taken untill the death bed. Orthomolecular assisted with life-style change might cause remissions - as in my case - but with many chronic diseases do need otherwordly ongoing efforts. Also by educating oneself. Most are not willing to give or do.

Elleppo wrote:100g that means I’ll be guzzling nearly 1 kilo a week.

In retail that's 19,-€ here for a kg. Maybe you need even much more than that. But only a few days, after continue with 2/3 of that as your maintainance dose.

Elleppo

Post Number:#3  Post by Elleppo » Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:28 am

Many thanks for your reply. Rheumatoid arthritis is not a bone condition, it's an autoimmune disease. So I don't think boron will solve this. It's a type of inflammation which is slowly killing me. Affecting my arteries and increasing my CRP levels when inflamed.

I got this "Heart disease Orthomolecular protocol" from the guy who runs this forum...

https://cardiacos.net/wp-content/upload ... t-cure.pdf

That's what he called it, it's on page 5.

I've never heard anything like this in my life. The notion of ingesting copious amounts of ascorbic acid sounds like nuts to me. But so did the KETO diet (which worked well for me, in the end). So as I'm on death's door and modern medicine is only and most probably making my symptoms worse, I am prepared to try most things.

I'll increase, let's see what happens.

So this neuropathy I'm getting seems to get worse as I increase my vit C intake. When I wake up no neuropathy, then slowly as I'm getting to the late afternoon (by that time I would have ingested 15 grams) my neuropathy starts to worsen. By evening, it's quite irritating. I'm not blaming the vit C, something is being triggered, as I've had this feeling before. It is very similar to that of heart burn, but quite intense. I'm just worried it'll get worse as I increase to 100g.

I take 500 mg of Magnesium Bisglycinate daily. And most of the other meds recommended by Dr Thomas Levy MD, JD in his book American Killer. Yet, he also states that 3 g to 9 g of vit c is enough.

And as you have stated, Linus Pauling advised 6 grams to 18 g of vit C.

This is why I'm questioning this Robert F. Cathcart Bowel Tolerance thing????

So one of my big questions is can vit C cure BPH?

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#4  Post by pamojja » Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:13 am

Elleppo wrote:Many thanks for your reply. Rheumatoid arthritis is not a bone condition, it's an autoimmune disease. So I don't think boron will solve this. It's a type of inflammation which is slowly killing me. Affecting my arteries and increasing my CRP levels when inflamed.

So you didn't consider it worthwhile to google Boron against arthritis? (for those more interested, scroll down about 6-7 entries, to get below the 'standart of care')

Elleppo wrote:I take 500 mg of Magnesium Bisglycinate daily. And most of the other meds recommended by Dr Thomas Levy MD, JD in his book American Killer. Yet, he also states that 3 g to 9 g of vit c is enough.

500mg Mg-bisglycinate contains from memory about 40mg of elemental Mg. When I say I use 1.8 g/day, its elemental, not the whole compound.

Levy I do admiire for all he does. But ask yourself: Why all these years finally only hydrogen peroxide got rid of his mouth infections? Dispite him promoting liposomal 10 times more effective than regular vitamin C.

That's why I said that without doing considerable own research, these battles can be easily lost. The owner of this forum also believes in a medical medium who gets his recommendations allegedly from a spirit.. He is well meaning, but some of his believes made from own conclusions are simply death wrong. Him loosing diabetic toes due to diabetes.

Elleppo wrote:And as you have stated, Linus Pauling advised 6 grams to 18 g of vit C.

For healthy! Are you not near death? What makes you think a preventive dose would be the same as a therapeutic? Linus Pauling also added: or more. With which in this chapter context he clearly meant for those not healthy.

Elleppo wrote:So one of my big questions is can vit C cure BPH?

Since I already detailed above why (to repeat: dysfunct detoxification, dehydration, raging inflammation, too low a dose.). the short answer: it can't.

Saw
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#5  Post by Saw » Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:35 pm

Elleppo wrote:So this neuropathy I'm getting seems to get worse as I increase my vit C intake. When I wake up no neuropathy, then slowly as I'm getting to the late afternoon (by that time I would have ingested 15 grams) my neuropathy starts to worsen. By evening, it's quite irritating. I'm not blaming the vit C, something is being triggered, as I've had this feeling before. It is very similar to that of heart burn, but quite intense. I'm just worried it'll get worse as I increase to 100g.

Maybe something to consider https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/pdf/10. ... 014.954124

What about one of buffered (non acid) forms of C like sodium Ascorbate. Same effect?
Even a Blind Squirrel makes his own vitamin C.

Elleppo

Post Number:#6  Post by Elleppo » Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:15 am

OK I'll try 10 grams an hour and see what happens.

I use ascorbic acid mixed with bicarb-of-soda. This type of light burning/tingling/cold sensation, is on the surface of my skin on the upper centre of chest, shoulder to shoulder and down both arms. It's not an internal sensation, I call it neuropathy.

I'm not G6PD deficient.

And this "boron" stuff is for bones, not autoimmune diseases. I've tried it anyway years ago…......

Thanks anyway.....

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#7  Post by pamojja » Thu Mar 23, 2023 4:55 am

You, of course, self-informed and responsibly do what makes the most sense to you. We can only report our own and others experiences. And not give medical advise. We nethertheless warn from certain medical advise out of own and others experiences.

Elleppo wrote:And this "boron" stuff is for bones, not autoimmune diseases. I've tried it anyway years ago…......

Beside many other functions, I also didn't know, and started it only because it its needed for vitamin D3 and magnesium to function. As vitamin A and vitamin K2 too. Vitamin D was and still is an essential vitamin assisting my remissions. Nutrients always work as network in synergy. And if in lack in those, simply can't. On the contrary high vitamin D uses up its co-factors causing there unnoticed new deficiencies. Here a thread on Boron at PhoenixRising: https://forums.phoenixrising.me/threads ... sod.61602/

Also Inflammation! And of course rheumatoid arthritis, also mentioned as miracle cure in there.

I've tried it anyway years ago…......

Nutritional therapy is very different from many assumptions about it. In my experience.

I had a walking-disability from PAD. Pauling recommendation started only to work after one year, when I reached his minimal dose of six gram a day. Increasing vitamin C further by the second year my possible walking distance had inprooved from 200-300 meters to two hours.

Along came a chronic bronchitis lasting a whole year, with it a COPD diagnosis, and asking for completely revised strategies. Finally got rid of the bronchitis at a South Indian beach. But was thrown 3 years back in respect to PAD.

So I more comprehensively started to look, order, and pay even out of my own pocket more lab results. It was eye opening. Just as the bronchitis simply had made my progress for three years with Paulings therapy to naught, there were so many obvious malfunctioning of virtualy all my body systems, possibly each alone sabotaging any fürther progress to health:

No or unbalanced sex hormons, so important thyroid hormons as well, deficiencies of ecssiential nutrients on mass and so severe, I should since long be death, liver and kidney enzyms practicllly signifying CKD1 and non-alkoholic fatty liver, confirmed by sound, showing death tissue there too, still mild COPD without symptoms, T2D, raging inflamation.. practically no body system in good health, despite three year following Paulings CVD recommendations.

Trying to adress and improve all of them, only at year 7 I finally experienced remission from the PAD disability. After a total of 10 years from the remaining symptoms of ME/CFS (postexertional malaise).

As side-effect: many of the other bodily systems improved, for example the fatty liver isn't found anymore, psoriasis and circumscripta cystitis of the bladder, the nodules in the liver, a tubercle in the lung, retinal migraine flare-ups, and angina-like chest pains, all had ceased. And probably due to such a comprehensive antioxidant system im place, I never got sun-burned, even sun-bathing in the deepest winter and the palest possible in the tropical sun for four hours and the first day.

But look at the timeframe: 10 years! - and all the otherworldy efforts of nutritional co-factors, along with mega-doses of so many, needed for so many years. Needless to say, all my conditions in remission are considered mercylessly progressing and non-reversible in the eyes of all my MDs.

So you tryed boron. One then could ask oneself: With all co-factor nutrients? - persistently long enoough?

You don't have the time to experiment, play around and learn too slow for 5 years, after which in my case it really started to turn around with a much more comprehensive approach and self-education.

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#8  Post by pamojja » Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:38 am

Elleppo wrote:OK I'll try 10 grams an hour and see what happens..

By the way, 10 grams taken in water is for me the limit, in one go. Where liquid stuhl starts. So I usually take only eight every twenty minutes.

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#9  Post by pamojja » Fri Mar 24, 2023 4:13 am

pamojja wrote:He is well meaning, but some of his believes made from own conclusions are simply death wrong.

I apologize Owen. In this case I'm actually wrong. He does include in this document under point seven Paulings book for the general preventive regimen. Maybe only mistake to mention some of the ingredients only. Where a casual reader might wrongly think, thats it. And doesn't actually read the whole.

confused1
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#10  Post by confused1 » Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:22 am

Saw palmetto and beta sitosterol made a huge difference for me in regard to nightly urination. Went from several times a night to once and occasionally none. Give it some time.

Elleppo

Post Number:#11  Post by Elleppo » Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:26 pm

Yep, I'm using Saw Palmetto as well as Pumpkin seeds. But getting too fed up with the wait for anything to happen, so I've got Finasteride 5 mg from my GP. Which works extremely fast but has quite a lot of bad side effects.
Ta for all your responses. I'll get some beta sitosterol then.

eDOC
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#12  Post by eDOC » Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:45 pm

ALL med. issues shared by the OP in his 1st post can be treated and hopefully cured in max 12 weeks. Despite me being conventional, is on useless palliative meds.

Hope he get's well, which I highly doubt.

eDOC!!
Rookie, rusty, sub average doc but one that gives results!

Elleppo

Post Number:#13  Post by Elleppo » Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:00 am

eDOC!! Ascorbate Wizard

ALL med. issues shared by the OP in his 1st post can be treated and hopefully cured in max 12 weeks. Despite me being conventional, is on useless palliative meds.

Hope he get's well, which I highly doubt.

eDOC!!

OK then in your infinite wisdom, What do you suggest?

eDOC
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#14  Post by eDOC » Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:26 am

Elleppo wrote:eDOC!! Ascorbate Wizard

OK then in your infinite wisdom, What do you suggest?

It's beyond the scope of the forums, expensive not all can afford.

eDOC!!
Rookie, rusty, sub average doc but one that gives results!

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#15  Post by ofonorow » Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:03 pm

The source of the medical medium material (it is not written by Anthony William alone) says there is really no such thing as "autoimmune disease" where the body attacks itself, and that Rheumatoid Arthritis in particular is caused by inflammation that results from the body fighting a virus. The entire eight book series provides the underlying cause of chronic illness, and various strategies for ridding the body of these various viral strains. Impossible to fairly recap all the knowledge in these books. I suggest the author of the first post elleppo consider reading the Medical Medium series from the beginning. (I am currently rereading the revised and updated first book.)

The Medium's source stresses that almost everyone is deficient and should supplement both zinc and vitamin B12 daily. Both these nutrients, as well as vitamin C are important for our immune systems, which is how we battle viruses.

As far as vitamin C, all antioxidants are beneficial fighting disease, as Dr. Levy and others explain, because all toxins are oxidants. Dr. Levy makes a compelling argument that even though magnesium is not technically an antioxidant, it behaves to reduce intracellular oxidative stress by counteracting intracellular calcium.

Knowing your bowel tolerance for vitamin C is an important tool to understand just how sick you really are (Levy would say, it helps determine how high the level of intracellular oxidative stress is). If the toxin levels would support 100 grams of vitamin C, I would suggest trying to reach that level. But know that much of what you are dealing with is most likely due to a viral infestation that requires specific anti-viral protocols in addition to vitamin C, (Lysine which is antiviral), zinc and vitamin B12.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “General Discussion Topics and Issues”