China C vs Quali-C - is it really worth the cost?

Ask questions, seek advice, or share your experience with vitamin C

Moderators: ofonorow, popnowlin

whitenoise
Contributor
Contributor

China C vs Quali-C - is it really worth the cost?

Post Number:#1  Post by whitenoise » Sun Apr 23, 2023 4:31 am

I'm currently taking normal China ascorbic acid in capsules. A spec sheet for this products mentions (amongst other things):

Heavy metals <3ppm
Lead <2ppm
Iron <2ppm
Copper <5ppm
Specific rotation +21.210
Residue on ignition 0.06%

Now should I wish to swap to Quali-C, this is in the region of x5 more expensive.

So my question is it really worth it? It's not like it has x5 more bioavailablity or anything.

Pauling mentions in HTTLAFB just to stick with plain old ascorbic acid without any extras (such as rose hips, bioflavonids etc) that might ramp up the price.

Interested on your thoughts :)

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: China C vs Quali-C - is it really worth the cost?

Post Number:#2  Post by pamojja » Mon Apr 24, 2023 12:00 pm

whitenoise wrote:Now should I wish to swap to Quali-C, this is in the region of x5 more expensive.

So my question is it really worth it?

Untill now I took for 14 years 25 g/d of ascorbic acid. It took 3 years for remission of COPD symtoms, 7 years for remission of a walking disability from PAD, and 10 years for remission of remaining ME/CFS symptom of constant PEMs.

So in total consumed till now about 130 kg of pure ascorbic acid powder mostly €19,- per kg, therefore about €2500,- worth 3 remissions.

There are of course many other nutrients recommended, sadly most much more expensive..

I'm currently taking normal China ascorbic acid in capsules.

I don't think that kgs from fillers in capsules and binders in tablets over the years are healthy. Therefore preferably as pure ascorbic acid powder.

Blanko
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#3  Post by Blanko » Wed Apr 26, 2023 4:50 pm

NOW brand powder is very inexpensive and is certified kosher. I assume kosher certification means there's organized third-party oversight to ensure standards are being met or exceeded. I normally trust kosher certification.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#4  Post by ofonorow » Mon May 01, 2023 10:36 am

Most of the manufactured vitamin C consumed in the world comes from China, and if the plant is ISO certified, I have to qualms about using Chinese vitamin C.

The only issue I am aware of is that vitamin C is L-ascorbate. There are manufacturing processes that produce equal amounts of D- and L- ascorbates, so these products would contain about 50% of the vitamin C reported on the label. We posted that Chinese experiment that uses polarized light to examine the chirality of vitamin C. Ergo, at least some vitamin C products exist that include D-ascorbates.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “General Discussion Topics and Issues”